watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still can't believe Kit said this

Started by FulhamStu, September 22, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

How depressing are the revelations on this thread. Perhaps he hasn't realised that the performance required to win at Championship level is far above what is needed with the junior sides, when he is coaching youngsters who (in my experience) sometimes have the attention span of a goldfish.

It looks as if his expectations of the senior squad have not increased above what he expected of the juniors. Probably with those few words that crept out too easily he has highlighted the very crux of the problem. Work them hard. If they're not enthusiastic, bench them. If they're not interested, dump them.

If they're bored at all they should be doing something else.

Burt

OK, this is exactly what was said...

When Kit said that he was disappointed that we conceded from 3 set pieces, the reporter asked him "how easy is it going to be to correct that?", and his response was as follows:

"Well it should be easy, people mark the man they are meant to be marking and get their head to the ball first, that should be blatantly easy. It's not a difficult art, but its a desire and its doing your jobs. So its one of them. You do that, hours and hours on the training field, doing that, and we may need to start doing that, but we certainly do our set pieces, attacking and defensively, we cover it, we work on it, its boring for the players, they don't enjoy doing it, but maybe that's what we need to start doing if we concede three like that in a game maybe we will have to start doing it..."

So its not as if they don't do it, but it looks like much more is needed... And if that is what it takes to shore up the defence, then they need to accept that - both the coaching staff in terms of drilling the players, and the players accepting that whilst it may be boring it is necessary!

bill taylors apprentice

When you look around at the 1st team coaching staff, none of them have any experience of note in first team football.

They have all been promoted 2 or 3 levels simply because they happened to be mates of Symons.
Even Pembridge who as far as I can see is the only one with a pedigree as a player was coaching school boys not  long ago.

I'm sure they all have their coaching badges but I really can't see them being tough on the training ground, they all look soft to me.

There are many ways to enthuse, gee up the players or whatever but these guys look good with a clip board or a lap top but are failing to put a spark into our players.

Hersham Henry

I was under the impression that Kit was an INTERNATIONAL  defender, admittedly for Wales when they were not so strong as now. Surely this would give him some idea of how to defend set pieces and teach the squad; this has been our main weakness for a long time.

It appears that a former international defender cannot teach the team the basics of defence and inspire them to play for more than 45 minutes at best. Please Mr Khan quickly bring in someone who can while we still have an outside chance of making the play-offs and before we get dragged into another relegation fight.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Burt on September 22, 2015, 05:50:41 PM

When Kit said that he was disappointed that we conceded from 3 set pieces, the reporter asked him "how easy is it going to be to correct that?", and his response was as follows:

"Well it should be easy, people mark the man they are meant to be marking and get their head to the ball first, that should be blatantly easy. It's not a difficult art, but its a desire and its doing your jobs. So its one of them. You do that, hours and hours on the training field, doing that, and we may need to start doing that, but we certainly do our set pieces, attacking and defensively, we cover it, we work on it, its boring for the players, they don't enjoy doing it, but maybe that's what we need to start doing if we concede three like that in a game maybe we will have to start doing it..."

So its not as if they don't do it, but it looks like much more is needed... And if that is what it takes to shore up the defence, then they need to accept that - both the coaching staff in terms of drilling the players, and the players accepting that whilst it may be boring it is necessary!
The word MAYBE is the key.   See my initial post.   Yes of course they practice, but he saying that Maybe they should do more, however the players do find it boring. What the xxxx has the players finding it boring got to do with it and why say maybe at all ??

YankeeJim

I have strongly supported Kit and have felt that many were very harsh on him. After that comment, I'm at a loss. It is so blatantly obvious that the way you beat Fulham is get set pieces and you'll soon score. Good lord! My apologies to those I had a go at over Kit. If an old yank can see that on a computer monitor, why hasn't Kit? That begs the question, what others forest can't he see because of the trees?

Sam? Calling big Sam.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JDH101

The thing that blows my mind though is the timing of it. If it hadn't been an issue until Saturday, I could understand his comments. Its a little threat to the players - start doing your jobs or training is about to become very tedious indeed.

But this trait goes way back into last season. It has been our achilles heel for ages. To only just be recognising it as an issue know is unbelievably naive. It just confirms everything I suspected of Kit since day one. Nice guy but not a leader.

If I were Khan and I read those comments I would want to have a serious discussion with Kit. But Khan hasn't seen those comments and he probably hasn't even seen the goals from the weekend yet because he's too busy tailgating at a Jaguars game high fiving fellow yanks.

YankeeJim

Quote from: JDH101 on September 22, 2015, 06:51:27 PM

The thing that blows my mind though is the timing of it. If it hadn't been an issue until Saturday, I could understand his comments. Its a little threat to the players - start doing your jobs or training is about to become very tedious indeed.

But this trait goes way back into last season. It has been our achilles heel for ages. To only just be recognising it as an issue know is unbelievably naive. It just confirms everything I suspected of Kit since day one. Nice guy but not a leader.

If I were Khan and I read those comments I would want to have a serious discussion with Kit. But Khan hasn't seen those comments and he probably hasn't even seen the goals from the weekend yet because he's too busy tailgating at a Jaguars game high fiving fellow yanks.

You were acurate until the last sentence. Glad to see that you know what Khan sees and does. Cheap shot, my good man.

JDH101

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 22, 2015, 06:56:18 PM

You were acurate until the last sentence. Glad to see that you know what Khan sees and does. Cheap shot, my good man.

I do know. I live out 'here'. To be fair, it was a cheap shot - sorry - my point being - he is never at a Fulham game so how do we know if he cares or see's whats going on?

If I had a choice of tailgating at a Jags game or watching Fulham play under Kit, I know what I would choose!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on September 22, 2015, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: rubbernecca on September 22, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2015, 04:09:26 PM
Well after absorbing the wise words of the current Manager, my immediate thought was to post a comment and relay my immediate thoughts.
Instead I took a deep breath and counted to 10,000. Then I went to my Gym and carried out my usual routine of chest and arm muscle groups which I tend to do on a Tuesday, to expend what access energy and strength I have these days, as at my age, I am not the man I was, but my heart makes me do it, even though my wife tells me I am a silly old fool and will give myself a cardiac arrest.
I showered and came back home, and read and listened to the article again.
Unfortunately I was still seething, I hadn't calmed down one iota, I felt like I could pull Oak trees out by their roots, I was that angry.
So all I want to say is to all the self righteous bleeding hearts and woolly headed supporters who have blindly defended the manager, have made themselves look as foolish as he has.
If you had any thought that this man could manage our club successfully, surely this was the final straw that broke the camels back.
He has embarrassed himself as well as his supporters.
Incompetence, inefficient, negligent, irresponsible, unqualified, are just a few adjectives to describe him.
This mans management technique and Sports psychology has torn up all previous manuals, and sent them into orbit. Surely He has just written his own resignation letter without realising it.
Also before you ask, despite all attempts, no I haven't calmed down, my wife has ordered me to go to the allotment, as she is fed up with me having a go at the spead ball hung up in my garage, so before I go to work tonight, I shall abscond to the garden shed and carry out 100 hundred press ups.
At my age, I thought I had heard it all, but after the latest pantomime by this manager, I have now.

+1

Thanks for the perspective Woolly - I thought I was getting too worked up for a middle aged man!

Amazed you didn't include the blow-up doll.

I forgot to mention the Blow Up Doll, because that actually burst, at the end of last season, when it became clear that the manager was being kept on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: JDH101 on September 22, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on September 22, 2015, 06:56:18 PM

I do know. I live out 'here'. To be fair, it was a cheap shot - sorry - my point being - he is never at a Fulham game so how do we know if he cares or see's whats going on?

If I had a choice of tailgating at a Jags game or watching Fulham play under Kit, I know what I would choose!

So it's either he flies the atlantic every week to see Fulham play (sorry, three times this week) and then flies back to be with the Jaguars, and don't forget his other business, the one that makes all the money to run both teams, I guess he needs to make an appearance there as well.

If you were in his position, where would YOU be each day Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat this week? The simple facts are; he owns the club; he is a busy man, he has two sports teams to run, and a business, and for us to believe that he HAS to be in attendance at the Cottage, or any away grounds, during the season might be somewhat presumptuous I feel. Then to make the assumption that his not being present impacts his decision-making and to deride his commitment to the club on that basis seems to be making comments based on assumptions that have no basis in fact, solely on one's own outlook, without the ability to be in the subjects actual position.

I would love for Khan to be at every match, home and away, not that I believe it would either affect his decisions about the club, or it would deflect the criticism from those fans that wish we were owned by somebody else, however, but we all have our own pov on the same subject and long may we have them, and be able to air them.

As for Kits comments, you are spot on, poor judgement in his comments appear to reflect his poor judgement in both training and tactics, and don't start me off on his subbing!  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

OdecaMynoT

[/quote]

I forgot to mention the Blow Up Doll, because that actually burst, at the end of last season, when it became clear that the manager was being kept on.
[/quote]

Too many long balls.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Reznor

If people are honest how can we be surprised. We have been defending like we don't practice for months and months.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on September 22, 2015, 08:04:32 PM

[/quote]

Too many long balls.
[/quote]

and far too much dribbling.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

OdecaMynoT

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2015, 09:05:10 PM

Too many long balls.
[/quote]

[/quote]

:005: :005: :drums: 049:gif
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

YankeeJim

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on September 22, 2015, 11:14:49 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2015, 09:05:10 PM

Too many long balls.

[/quote]

:005: :005: :drums: 049:gif
[/quote]

Never having been to England, I didn't think we were that different. However, that has got to hurt.  :005:

kiwian

Why not get the manager to tell the players they are a goal down before the game starts, it seems to be the only way to get them to play as they did against Stoke in the second half.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Rudolph

RaySmith

Thanks Burt for this - I can't see anything wrong with Kit's comment, and it has been taken out of context.

He's trying to answer a difficult question, give an explanation when he obviously knows that the players should be able to defend set pieces - to mark up properly, which is an elementary thing that all schoolkids know and try to do - well, I certainly did- 'mark-up' was the cry at corners.

And I'm sure that Kit and the players do regularly practise set pieces - but practise in training doesn't always translate to the pressures of a match, but Kit is trying to give a,  feeble maybe, explanation,  and states that the players should practise more in future.

He didn't choose his words wisely at the spur of the moment, but to crucify him for what he said is ridiculous. We played well against Stoke didn't we? as in other games this season- Kit will stand and fall by results, but let's get behind him and the team.

Joseffc

From the interview with Alex Ferguson on SS, a couple of key comments stuck out that seemed to have relevance to this discussion and on recovering from defeat:

"My purpose after that was to make sure it never happened again. I would tell my players at the end of the game in no uncertain terms and I would always try to find the reason why we lost that game. The next match was another one and I made sure I was going to win that next match."

"That purpose and determination is something that's in you. It's either there or it's not there."

Firstly, I don't see any of this type of purpose or determination from Kit in his pressers or any of his public appearances. Also his comments regarding the way we have conceded goals is the complete opposite attitude to that displayed by Ferguson, the greatest manager of all time. Instead of really drilling down into why we conceded the goals and making sure it doesn't happen again he has skirted around the teams failings. How can you prioritize players enjoying the sessions over working hard (and sometimes tediously) to ensure results?

Just further evidence that Kit is not cut out for this gig in my opinion.