watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Still can't believe Kit said this

Started by FulhamStu, September 22, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

In discussing how we conceded 3 crap goals from set pieces this is what Kit said. I and many have heard the audio, yes he actually said this about practicing defending from set pieces.....

'You can do hours and hours on the training pitch and MAYBE we should start doing that....   Its boring for the players and they don't like doing it but MAYBE we need to start doing it....'    Quite unbelieveable comments and I would fire him just on tha basis of that...

MAYBE being the key word.  Its not MAYBE Kit, is not even probably, or definately, it should be an absolutely a nailed on 100% necessity that you do this, not for hours and hours but days and days and even weeks and weeks until you get it right.

I would have sacked him on the spot for coming out with this comment unless I thought he was just a bit thick and could not help himself.... oh hang on a minute.

Barrie

I know, it defies belief.  Maybe he is too matey with the players, I don't know.

I would make them practice defending set-pieces ad nauseam  to make sure they detest it sufficiently that they'll do whatever it takes on match days to ensure they don't have to face more drills on Monday. 

epsomraver

He also said after the abject display second half against Blackburn that " the players cannot keep up that performance for 90 minutes" really? you need to look at the fitness coaching and also perhaps the correct use of Subs

bill taylors apprentice

Unbelievable !
Actually I do believe he said it because its what I have come to expect from him.

"Its boring and the players don't like it"

Well, I'm sorry for the little darlings but they will just have to get on with it.

As for the manager and his so called coaching staff, isn't it part of their job description to do whatever's needed to get results?

This sounds like Sunday morning Football stuff where you have to pick some useless twit because his mum washes the kit or the like!

Strewth! What a shambles!

FPT

Roy did it - and got rid of those that didn't like it, i.e. Jimmy Bullard and brought in those with top professionalism and work rate, i.e. Damien Duff. Roy's team didn't have anybody not willing to put in 200% percent for the team.

Louis Van Gaal is another that puts in hours working on 11v11s and adjusting minute details in game. You've got to build a motor memory in your players in that it's natural for them to do what you want them to. That comes with repetition and correcting when wrong. These quotes from Kit (who I have been known to support) makes me feel he'll forever live in the Zola box of being too nice to succeed. He messes up here, where is he going to go? He got the job internally and kept it through connection to the club, I don't think he'll get another if he fails - so if anything, he's got to think about himself and the club.

If repetitive defending drills need to be done, then do them. If players don't like it, then that may be part of the problem. Once the defending is to a tee, then relax on it - that makes sense. Why be relaxed on defending drills when it's been the constant in our downfall. 

Joseffc

I have very little belief that Symons and his small and inexperienced coaching staff are prepare the players properly bin comparison to many of our league rivals. To admit that that at present, whether we are shipping goals or not (we are!), that we are not working on defending set pieces is absolutely criminal. We have signed pretty much a whole back line who need be spending as much time as possible working on shape and organisation, especially on set pieces.

Beyond disbelief and despair with Symons now!   

Wearethewhites

We can all discuss this until we're blue in the face, but I will stand adamant that Kit Symon's is NOT the right guy to take FFC forward. Bottom line is, there is nothing that me, you, or anyone else can do, until the Club decide otherwise. Until then, I will settle for mid-table football and an un-achieving squad. 

The Equalizer

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 22, 2015, 12:07:55 PM
In discussing how we conceded 3 crap goals from set pieces this is what Kit said. I and many have heard the audio, yes he actually said this about practicing defending from set pieces.....

'You can do hours and hours on the training pitch and MAYBE we should start doing that....   Its boring for the players and they don't like doing it but MAYBE we need to start doing it....'    Quite unbelieveable comments and I would fire him just on tha basis of that...

MAYBE being the key word.  Its not MAYBE Kit, is not even probably, or definately, it should be an absolutely a nailed on 100% necessity that you do this, not for hours and hours but days and days and even weeks and weeks until you get it right.

I would have sacked him on the spot for coming out with this comment unless I thought he was just a bit thick and could not help himself.... oh hang on a minute.

Is this in print anywhere?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I think we all know what he meant when he said it. Not that they don't train for this but that spending the entire training session doing it is boring but they may have to sacrifice other things for this. After all the reason we defended so poorly for the goals was mainly down to the full backs and Dembele not picking up players or running with the players they were supposed to mark.

Symons no doubt will be gone soon enough and then we can all complain about the new manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Wot a scandalous nonsense!  :doh: That is part of the job! Hodgson spent  a lot of time on organising and look what he achieved. Eventually some folk hang themselves.... :022:

092.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2015, 01:01:52 PM
I think we all know what he meant when he said it. Not that they don't train for this but that spending the entire training session doing it is boring but they may have to sacrifice other things for this. After all the reason we defended so poorly for the goals was mainly down to the full backs and Dembele not picking up players or running with the players they were supposed to mark.

Symons no doubt will be gone soon enough and then we can all complain about the new manager.
or the new manager will know what he is doing and we won't have anything to complain about
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

Did he actually say this? Is there a link anyone can share?

If he did say it then blimey, sorry Kit, but drilling teams in the basics is standard practice and an essential requirement for any successful team.

Joseffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 22, 2015, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 22, 2015, 01:01:52 PM

or the new manager will know what he is doing and we won't have anything to complain about

Not really about complaining. It's about accountability. Symons is responsible for tactics and team selection and if players that he has chosen are not fulfilling their commitments when defending set pieces due to a lack of practice or understanding of what the manager expects from them, then ultimately he should be blamed. 

rubbernecca

We all knew he was a pussy but that's just unbelievable!

90% of most jobs are boring but we get on with it for far less dosh! 

Does an 'exciting' practice make a better team?

Maybe he's still thinks he's managing teenagers. . .

Maybe they should all just go to Nando's and play FIFA 15. . . 

colinwhite

He said it on radio london word for word . Also the bbc website ShW v F macth page.

colinwhite

To suggest that it was down to dembellel and the full backs , isn't accurate . If you watch the replays you see Reams man scores for the third ,but Burn and had already lost his man. To add to the misery Lonergan stood on his line for all 3. Even if he attacks those balls unsuccessfully I don't think they would have scored .

We should  go zonal on at least 3 players to attack the ball and man mark their biggest threats.When coaching defending at corners its all about body shape of defenders . Ours was total joke .

RolandAJ

Quote from: Barrie on September 22, 2015, 01:29:53 PM
From the horses mouth - https://audioboom.com/boos/3593990-listen-ffc-manager-kit-symons-speaks-to-bbc-london-94-9-after-3-2-defeat-at-sheffield-wednesday-fulhamfc

Thank you for posting the link. 

What a ridiculous thing for KS to say.  I have a hard time believing he said it even after having listened to the audio. 
Comical!

Stoke might just be in trouble today if Fulham can avoid allowing any set pieces.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

MJG

Anyone who reads me on Twitter or listened to Sundays Cottage Talk will have heard or read my views on both the audio and post match comments.
It told me he has not learnt the lessons he kept going on about and lost any lingering support he had from me.

FFCpmd

To the tune of 'We want our Fulham back',  we need a chorus tonight of  "We want a manager,  we want a manager.........."