more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Surely enough, is enough now?

Started by Russian rob, October 21, 2015, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: Plodder on October 21, 2015, 09:56:44 PM
I didn't see the game either (assuming you too weren't there), but judging from the BBC London commentary, it didn't sound like an "appalling" display. 1-1 against Leeds isn't a good result, but neither is it a disaster in my view. I suppose it boils down to what you think is a realistic expectation with our current squad. Personally, I think it's a very open league and our squad is not markedly better or worse than most, but it's a matter of opinion.  I certainly agree we can do without the insults flying between people who have different opinions.

Well, don't comment on a game you didn't watch. You have just written utter dross.

Chutney

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 21, 2015, 10:51:47 PM
I didn't see the game either (assuming you too weren't there), but judging from the BBC London commentary, it didn't sound like an "appalling" display. 1-1 against Leeds isn't a good result, but neither is it a disaster in my view. I suppose it boils down to what you think is a realistic expectation with our current squad. Personally, I think it's a very open league and our squad is not markedly better or worse than most, but it's a matter of opinion.  I certainly agree we can do without the insults flying between people who have different opinions.

Well, don't comment on a game you didn't watch. You have just written utter dross.

Completely agree, had you seen the performance tonight you'd not be defending the players or manager, it was disgraceful.
C O Y W

Plodder

I didn't comment on the game.  I summarised the Radio London commentary.  You have an odd definitionof what constitutes utter dross.

JoelH5

I've just watched the highlights. We featured ONCE (the goal) and Leeds featured 7 times... From listening online I didn't realise how one sided it actually was!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

J.Perkins

Quote from: Plodder on October 21, 2015, 10:56:04 PM

I didn't comment on the game.  I summarised the Radio London commentary.  You have an odd definitionof what constitutes utter dross.

Don't comment on what you think is going on where really you don't have a clue.

Plodder

Quote from: Chutney on October 21, 2015, 10:52:45 PM

Completely agree, had you seen the performance tonight you'd not be defending the players or manager, it was disgraceful.

Quote the passage where I defended the performance of the players and manager tonight.  Actually, don't bother, it's not woth getting into an argument about.  I understand people coming away frustrated after a draw or loss at home (it's a feeling I've experienced many times over the last fifty years), but I think some people go overboard about a 1-1 draw at home.  I'll accept your opinion that the performance was disgraceful, as I wasn't there, but some people have said the result was a "disaster" and to me, that's hyperbole.

Plodder

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 21, 2015, 10:58:39 PM
Quote from: Plodder on October 21, 2015, 10:56:04 PM

Don't comment on what you think is going on where really you don't have a clue.

I thought this was a messageboard where people were allowed to comment, but I'll take your advice and not respond to you any more, because you don't seem prepared to discuss things reasonably.

JoelH5

Both of you. Give it a rest. It was a poor performance. It wasn't a disaster of a result but it wasn't good enough. Kit is a disaster however. Simple as. If he supposedly loves the club he should stop being so egotistical and do what's right... He's like an annoying fly clinging on to life
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Chutney

If he has any self respect, he will admit he's failed and resign.
C O Y W

Bill2

Quote from: Plodder on October 21, 2015, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Chutney on October 21, 2015, 10:52:45 PM

Quote the passage where I defended the performance of the players and manager tonight.  Actually, don't bother, it's not woth getting into an argument about.  I understand people coming away frustrated after a draw or loss at home (it's a feeling I've experienced many times over the last fifty years), but I think some people go overboard about a 1-1 draw at home.  I'll accept your opinion that the performance was disgraceful, as I wasn't there, but some people have said the result was a "disaster" and to me, that's hyperbole.
The result was not a disaster for the team, but maybe for the supporters as it means Kit will be hanging on in there for a while. We were pretty poor and Leeds can feel more than a bit unlucky but we have all been there before. But we were poor with little organisation in the team and some very poor passing across the pitch where we gave the ball away cheaply and in situations where we could have done some damage. Add to that our shooting was abysmal I could have saved any of the shots which were on target and the rest nearly killed someone in row Z.

jimmyc19

Kit won't resign, why would he? I don't care whether he 'loves' the club or not, he's going to stay as manager for as long as he is given and I don't blame him for that. The only way he's going is if he's sacked.

Chutney

Quote from: jimmyc19 on October 21, 2015, 11:14:41 PM
Kit won't resign, why would he? I don't care whether he 'loves' the club or not, he's going to stay as manager for as long as he is given and I don't blame him for that. The only way he's going is if he's sacked.
If he doesn't resign then not only will he destroy his reputation as a manager but also as a club legend, every day he spends in charge now chips away at all the good memories of his time playing here.
C O Y W

Wearethewhites

Can't believe that Kit is now quoting that tonight "We never got going" and that it was "1 point gained". True, but why can't the guy ever admit they we were absolutely rubbish, and that 1pt wasn't wasn't good enough.

Woolly Mammoth

I have just returned home after drowning my sorrows in the Thames, the cat looked at me and saw the expression on my face and scarpered through the cap flap. I then discovered my dinner in the dog. But my beloved wife anticipated my mood and had a large Cognac waiting for me, and proceeded to stroke my head whilst I proceeded to throw the Cognac down my neck.
As for the game. Well, the fact that Joe Lewis was the man of the match says it all, as a team we were so dull, the passing was poor, and you would have thought that Leeds were the home side. They had more possession and more shots at goal, and on target. They were the better side, and outplayed us. We were lucky to get away with a draw, but more importantly our performance was dire.
A team can mirror it's manager, and let's face it, he is unfortunately too weak, and has no Leadership qualities.
Of course the players have to take responsibility, but ultimately the buck stops with the manager. Whilst Fulham fiddle the team is dropping points in almost every match, and in general the performances are second rate, and tonight once again we were second best.
I don't think the players are playing for him, he clearly cannot motivate, but there is no structure no clear game plan, some players no matter how bad they are never get subbed. Ross is no Captain, he has to be replaced.
The players are under performing, the team is under performing, and the manager looks helpless and clueless.
So where does Kit go from here, he either has to perform a miracle on Saturday, and win and perform well, and he has to make changes, both  Fredericks and Cairney should be considered, maybe even Parker and Smith should be considered, but there are others on the bench tonight may be given a chance.
But where is the spirit and the desire and the will to win, there just wasn't enough to get a win.
I wish I could listen to the managers team talks, cause something is fundamentally wrong, and I cannot see Fulham performing like a promotion chasing team under this management team.
Because we have quality players but no organisation, we must be a pleasure to play against, because under Kit, we appear to have a soft underbelly, and that is a recipe for disaster for any manager.
How long will this suffering go on before this situation is resolved.
Maybe it's me, perhaps I am missing the point, but better managers than Kit, have been sacked for less. That doesn't make it right, but assuming he is still in charge on Saturday, he and the players have got to pull something out of the bag v Reading, otherwise we are in for another miserable afternoon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ordar

Surely there can be nobody who thinks that Symons still deserves the honour of being the Fulham manager.

Tactically he is the worst manager I have ever seen. He has no ability to adapt to the opposition, or make meaningful, positive in game adjustments. After the first half, it was obvious that we were getting massacred in midfield as they had the extra man. The obvious solution would have been to either drop McCormack wide (as he was anonymous up front, or bring on Parker to try and solidify the midfield). Neither of course happened and Leeds proceeded to continue to batter us the entire second half.

Coaching wise I have no idea what they are doing during the week. We seem to look more and more disorganised with each passing game. We have conceded the most shots in the league. I expect we've also conceded the most corners as it seems to average about 8 a game. Players are devolving under Symons, LVC especially.

Team selection. I'm not convinced we can continue with the total lack of pace in the side. The attacks are so pedestrian and easy to defend. Does Pringle and LVC deserve to be playing?

Today's performance was nothing short of shocking. Unfortunately it wasn't unexpected as that's how we've played under Symons. Dominated in almost every game, tactically inept, no commitment. No team.

Get him out NOW

Wearethewhites

But he won't, you know that. He'll get the dreaded vote of confidence, by a clueless owner, who's only interest in being over here, is to oversea the Jaguars on Sunday, not Fulham. I do get all this stability, we need it, but not from Kit. He's so far out of depth that it's painful. Every game is becoming painful.

millsy

I was there too and the posts above cover my thoughts perfectly.

Burn and Lewis saved us. Passing and control across midfield poor. Pringle can't tackle and seems to have lost confidence to look up and forwards. LVC weak all round and very wasteful with the ball.

I also agree we have a strong squad of players, with good cover in all positions but we don't look or play as a team and have no direction or obvious gameplan. Once teams see what they're facing you can see them growing in confidence.

We played again like the away team and the stats bear this out. They had 16 shots to our 11, 8 on target to our 2, 34 crosses to our 15 (nothing new there) and most tellingly, 213 attacking passes to our 115. Nearly 100 more attacking passes by the away team. Thank goodness their passing accuracy at 72% was not much better than our 68%. Our keeper was clearly instructed to punt the ball high and long at every opportunity but for gods sake why? They won most duels virtually unchallenged and of the 38 recorded ariel duels across the park Leeds won 27. This being the case, why did we not change tactics? The only stat we topped them on was fouls, by 16 to 10.

By any standards, this is unacceptable and clearly points to a failure of all concerned but, of course, the buck stops with the leader.

In answer to the unfortunate poster who wasn't there tonight. Most of us can live with wins, draws and defeats but we cannot live with a tangible lack of progress and repeated dire performances, where players appear to struggle to find or create space to play and constantly get out-tackled, out-passed and out-thought.

As with the persistence with punted long balls, despite their evident failure, how long must we persist with this coaching team, despite their evident inability to offer good leadership and motivation?

I hope Mr.Khan's people are seeing and hearing what we are all feeling. We can't all be wrong can we!

Texas White

Are you Kit Symons....
Time for a change.

Brawn

Quote from: Texas White on October 22, 2015, 12:26:52 AM

Are you Kit Symons....
Time for a change.

I disagree completely with Plodder's point of view, but what is clear is that scoring points off each other without any meaningful arguments is, frankly, a little lame.

No, I wasn't there. Yes, we played poorly. I privately set him a target of 10 points within five games before QPR, and he's only got six, whereas we really should have beaten Charlton (8) but for a very poor third substitution (he should have brought Dan Burn on rather than Mattila, especially considering we'd already conceded one free header), and tonight we somehow nearly got three points (had Burn landed the last minute header or Lewis not made his one mistake of the night), which would have given him the 10 points I wanted. But for the QPR game, we haven't won since Blackburn, and that feels like a very long time ago. Three wins in 12 games is also very poor. I don't think our squad is the best, but it's better than 13th.

Riversider

I bet Simon Jordan (Former Crystal Palace owner) can't wait to say to us all "I told you so", after his infamous quote of "Nice bloke but can't manage" when asked about Symons,
Lambert for me, if not then Pearson, and to think we had Hughton with us during the summer of 2014 !