more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Surely enough, is enough now?

Started by Russian rob, October 21, 2015, 09:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

Quote from: One James stannard on October 21, 2015, 10:19:14 PM
I look at the squad and I'm happy with who we have. Pace power width but it just isn't working/happening

We don't have pace other than one full back. We don't have power. Who on earth in our squad has power? And we clearly don't have any width as every single one of our wide players looks to cut in every time. Apart from Kacka but he is useless anyway.

Our squad is average once you take the fulham rose tinted specs off. Our manager is also average. It means we are in for a very average season at best.

bill taylors apprentice

I was there.
The result wasn't a disaster but the performance was and its starting to look like another disastrous season.

alfie

Quote from: davew on October 21, 2015, 10:14:08 PM
Quote from: Russian rob on October 21, 2015, 09:34:27 PM
We will never get rid of Kit no matter what.What is our next best option therefore?
You are right we won't, but hopefully the idiot who owns the club might!!

I would love to be an idiot with couple of billion quid in the bank,
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Old Count

Quote from: alfie on October 22, 2015, 08:49:16 AM
We will never get rid of Kit no matter what.What is our next best option therefore?

I'm an idiot with sweet f a in the bank.  Mr Kahn is no idiot....he sent back my begging letter ...collect

Barry White

Hand our season tickets in?

Berserker

I have faith in Khan. I think he learns from his mistakes and thus why he is successful in other parts of his businesses.  I think he would have learnt from our previous miss management mistakes and is at the moment considering options. I think Kit is sliding towards the door, the question is when he actually goes and who to replace him with,  are there better options available at the moment or when will there be.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alfie

Why is it we always assume that sack and manager and the next one in will be better.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Rudolph

Quote from: alfie on October 22, 2015, 08:49:16 AM

Well at least you're half way there!!  (only kidding)

Logicalman

Quote from: alfie on October 22, 2015, 11:39:57 AM
Why is it we always assume that sack and manager and the next one in will be better.

I agree, as I said on another thread, I pray that we don't get rid of Kit just to find ourselves with a Felix MkII, and this time next year are bemoaning the club as we sit in Div 1.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

..FOF..

I've never thought Kit would be better than Felix.

I have a wait and see approach.

The waiting is over and we can see from the results.

Next.

Arthur

Because we look at the manager we've got and can see that the next one would have to be unusually poor to do worse?

fulham traveller

Good managers get you out of this league, look at the top 6 all have good managers

Slaphead in Qatar

if that logic followed, then all incumbent managers would have a job for life.

Logicalman

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on October 22, 2015, 02:27:22 PM

if that logic followed, then all incumbent managers would have a job for life.

There you go. Then again, it seems to me that the most successful of English League teams do tend to keep their managers that little bit longer than those that are not as successful.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on October 22, 2015, 02:29:33 PM
Then again, it seems to me that the most successful of English League teams do tend to keep their managers that little bit longer than those that are not as successful.

Stability may breed success, but in my view, more often than not, it is a case of success breeds stability. A manager who gets his team promoted in his second season in charge is far more likely to have a stable job going into his third season than someone who, in that time, is unable to improve his team's fortunes.

jimmyc19

Quote from: JDH101 on October 22, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
Quote from: One James stannard on October 21, 2015, 10:19:14 PM
I look at the squad and I'm happy with who we have. Pace power width but it just isn't working/happening

We don't have pace other than one full back. We don't have power. Who on earth in our squad has power? And we clearly don't have any width as every single one of our wide players looks to cut in every time. Apart from Kacka but he is useless anyway.

Our squad is average once you take the fulham rose tinted specs off. Our manager is also average. It means we are in for a very average season at best.

Apologies because this doesn't quite fit with the thread but how an earth does Moussa Dembele not have power? He's got bags of it ...

nose

Quote from: Berserker on October 22, 2015, 10:38:03 AM
I have faith in Khan. I think he learns from his mistakes and thus why he is successful in other parts of his businesses.  I think he would have learnt from our previous miss management mistakes and is at the moment considering options. I think Kit is sliding towards the door, the question is when he actually goes and who to replace him with,  are there better options available at the moment or when will there be.

i usually agree with you but I am afraid I cannot see that he has learned from his errors so far and the lack of success at the jags suggests he may not be suited to sports ownership.

i am totally pessimistic about the rest of the season and the season to follow. there is not even the first glimmer of light showing. the board of directors have presided over continuing abject failure and remain in place.... even the sale of ruiz was a comedy of errors.

we need a top level revamp... nothing good will happen till we get a keegan like figure in the club that knows what needs to be done and how to get it done.

Logicalman

Quote from: nose on October 22, 2015, 07:27:33 PM
Quote from: Berserker on October 22, 2015, 10:38:03 AM

i usually agree with you but I am afraid I cannot see that he has learned from his errors so far and the lack of success at the jags suggests he may not be suited to sports ownership.

i am totally pessimistic about the rest of the season and the season to follow. there is not even the first glimmer of light showing. the board of directors have presided over continuing abject failure and remain in place.... even the sale of ruiz was a comedy of errors.

we need a top level revamp... nothing good will happen till we get a keegan like figure in the club that knows what needs to be done and how to get it done.

I agree on your sentiments there, though the rub comes with the fact that Kahn is the owner and the board is both chosen, and presided over, by him. If he has not the wherewithal to be able to run an English footie sports team, then we do have bigger issues at hand as he will not see that the board needs such changes.

I think his 'success' or otherwise with the jags is superfluous to his ownership of Fulham, or any English Footie team for that matter, as the leagues differ so very much in both the transfer policy and the measure of success. If we were in the prem, and to fail simply means that we came bottom, without the fear of relegation, then we would be somewhat of a 'success', but the leagues differ completely in that respect, and I would hope that Khan has that simple, but quite vital, fact internally digested by this time.