watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

It would be a fantastic appiotment,also I think Nigel Pearson would also be brilliant,If kit is relieved of the managers job!

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 07, 2015, 08:00:45 PM
Nigel Pearson for me, he is the kind of bloke that would succeed in this jungle called the Championship, and he would relish the challenge, and heaven help any player that did not take him seriously.
At the moment, Fulham is a holiday camp under Kit, and the players performances and under achievement reflect it.

I think we've been there with Magath!

alexmur

in a perfect world I love David moyes or even Rodgers but we will probably get a person or lauddrop. all of the names metioned have more experience then kit so I could not really complain with any of them. but we should all remember a d be greatful for the job kit has done he steadied the ship and built a good squad, anyone coming in will be happy with what we have maybe one or two in January. COYW!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

snarks

12 wins in 42 games in Spain, not much better than the 11 in 41  kit has.

(Not that I think Moyes isn't better but it's the statistical point)

The Baron

I know he has Chelsea connections but how about taking a punt on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank? He's done brilliantly at Burton since going there and seems to combine the best of English and continental coaching ideas. Could be another Tigana.

BestOfBrede

Let's hope it's a person!
:005:

Wimbledon_White

Yeah I think we'd all be over the moon if someone of his quality came to us.

But given we are in the Championship I just can't see it happening.

LBNo11

...Moyes would be fantastic. His record in Spain is not so flattering but he knows the English game. Frankly he would (will?) organise the squad and attract quality players, and if we are promoted he would be ideal to sustain premier league tenure - and the extra plus factor for Mr Khan is that he is used to running a club on a low budget. If he did though FFP wouldn't come into play, but the quality of what we've already got would develop and shine.  But would he take the challenge, and would Khan finally get decent advice from his teflon advisors to do so?

To quote the TOOFIF cartoon - "We Can Dream"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

grandad

I have read most of what has been written about Nigel Pearsom. He is not the sort of person I would want at my club.Trouble off the field where ever he has gone.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: The Baron on November 08, 2015, 09:52:48 AM
I know he has Chelsea connections but how about taking a punt on Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank? He's done brilliantly at Burton since going there and seems to combine the best of English and continental coaching ideas. Could be another Tigana.

What about the actual Tigana !?  Just read an article and he is available but in talks about a job in Africa.

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: grandad on November 08, 2015, 11:03:19 AM
I have read most of what has been written about Nigel Pearsom. He is not the sort of person I would want at my club.Trouble off the field where ever he has gone.

I quite agree.

Clearly a nasty bit of work.

Classic94

Rodgers, Laudrup or Moyes would be superb but unlikely to happen. Pearson or Lambert are more realistic targets but all of these would be an improvement on Kit.

ROKERITE

I think Nigel Pearson would be just the manager for Fulham, though I'd really like someone to give Paolo Di Canio an opportunity to prove how unjustly he was treated at Sunderland. Paolo and his loyal four-man backroom team would have Fulham in the top half of The Premier League within three years, given time and backing.

ROKERITE

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on November 08, 2015, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: grandad on November 08, 2015, 11:03:19 AM

I quite agree.

Clearly a nasty bit of work.

That's not the view of any Leicester City players or supporters I've heard discussing Nigel Pearson. They're invariably full of praise for the man.

One Martin Thomas

Some of the MOTD interviews with Pearson did show him to be a bit nasty... but he looked after his own.  Nasty or not, we need someone with a brain and to get that team up within two / three years.

bucksfulham

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 08, 2015, 11:12:59 AM
Some of the MOTD interviews with Pearson did show him to be a bit nasty... but he looked after his own.  Nasty or not, we need someone with a brain and to get that team up within two / three years.
Nothing wrong with nasty so long as nastiness is aimed in the right direction. We are the "nicest" team in the Championship with fewer fouls than anyone. What good is that doing us?. (although players getting red cards doesn't help)

J

No chance of this happening, not worth thinking about.

westcliff white

disagree, I think it is worth discussing as I think Us along with Boro, Burnley and Dery would be of the very few clubs who could entice him to step down a level
Every day is a Fulham day

Wingnut

Get him, now. Not sure if he would come to us but I'd take him in a heartbeat. He did a fantastic job with Everton. United, was always going to be an extraordinarily difficult job.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

J

He would walk into a vacant lower/mid table job in the premier league (who would also be able to pay him more), so I really don't see why he would... If it was late on in the season and we were in a strong position for automatic promotion maybe at a push, but no way he'd be willing to chance it in the championship for longer than the end of a season.