more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Next Manager Discussion Thread

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 07, 2015, 04:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Loz on November 14, 2015, 02:54:38 PM
Don't understand how 'winning in the right way' is particularly relevant here. Pearson's Leicester were generally open, attacking and ambitious for a team in the lower reaches of the Prem. I don't think there's much evidence to accuse Pearson's teams of dirty play either.

The issue is that Pearson occasionally comes across as a bit of a hot-head, but he's not what I'd call a nasty piece of work because he's always apologised for stupid things he's done and hopefully they won't happen again.

Given that our current team have so much potential but so rarely show it, I think being yelled at by someone who's a bit of a nut job but knows his onions about football could do them some good.
Have to say I am with you on this. Kit Symons was uninspiring and did not demand much respect from his players wheras Pearson's players thought he was great; ask any of them how it felt to win promotion! He sometimes bridled at the press for pushing him over the obvious issue of the poor points haul initially in the Prem. Pearson kept saying we play the way we play and it wlll come good, the press would argue and he occasionally just let his frustration show.
His team won more points between the last 10 games of last season and the first 10 of this season with basically the same players, more than Man City in fact.
So if he gets our players motivated to play well and never give up, which is a great Leicester trait currently, then great news. At least that says he gets his teams fit, which by the amount of goals Fulham ships in the last 10 minutes would be a nice change.
The one problem I see though is that his teams are not known for stingy defense...they just score more, sounds a perfect fit for our squad ;)
Quark, strangeness and charm

YoungsBitter

Normally I would think that we have zero chance of even talking to Moyes: - his pedigree ( Moyes was the 2003, 2005 and 2009 League Managers Association Manager of the Year), his (slightly tarnished) reputation, the desire by him to probably take some time off, the desire by him as reported elsewhere to return to the garden land which is the 'north'.

However his assistant in San Sebastian was Billy McKinley and that means he will have a sense of what Fulham as a club is like and that the opportunity to re-build his reputation at Fulham is real and probably more likely to be achieved than being the next Sunderland, Norwich or Swansea manager, and way more fun.

So I still think little chance of it happening but not zero....
Quark, strangeness and charm

westcliff white

Martinez is never going to come as he is employed in the prem however the differ3ence with MOyes is he is now unemployed so maybe if he really wants a challenge then maybe he would be interested or maybe he could be tempted.

Either way a long shot.
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 01:59:50 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 01:34:57 PM
Couldn't see anything on Blackburn's site to confirm this
Blackburn's fans, like those of every other club, are, at best, an inconvenience to be tolerated and will be the last to know.

I was talking about Blackburn Footie Clubs official site

Neil D

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 04:27:24 PM
Quote from: Neil D on November 14, 2015, 01:59:50 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on November 14, 2015, 01:34:57 PM
Couldn't see anything on Blackburn's site to confirm this
Blackburn's fans, like those of every other club, are, at best, an inconvenience to be tolerated and will be the last to know.

I was talking about Blackburn Footie Clubs official site
That's what I understood you were referring to.

Tonywa

If Lambert is out of the running then I'd like Jokanovic.  Well I'd like Moyes, but I think that's most unlikely. One of the worst things about Rogers would be having to listen to all that crap he talks!   

alexmur

Quote from: Tonywa on November 14, 2015, 05:41:04 PM
If Lambert is out of the running then I'd like Jokanovic.  Well I'd like Moyes, but I think that's most unlikely. One of the worst things about Rogers would be having to listen to all that crap he talks!   
listing to him in press conference would be painful

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fulham76

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 06:01:18 PM
Don't be surprised if Harry Redknapp is selected with Neil Warnock as his assistant.

I just had a big shiver after reading that..!! Probably the worst combination I could think of!

simplyfulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 14, 2015, 05:55:40 PM

I wouldn't want Moyes if he came for free, he will upset everyone he doesn't like, an unpleasant man with a massive attitude, believe me.

Well it's not as if we haven't had anyone like that before.

**cough cough**Mark Hughes**cough cough**

Twig

Warnock no. Pearson no.  Either of those and that's our Fulham gone.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Bring back Magath with Sanchez as assistant, instead of Warnock!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

davew

Another NOOOO!!!! from me!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alexmur

give me your pros and cons

FPT

He's a lunatic. From supporting his sons racist sex tape to strangling James McCarthy via telling a Leicester supporter to "F*** off and die" and his senseless rant at the media with his infamous "ostrich" comment.

Pros? I'm not sure there are any, I've seen many a Leicester supporter say that their form and subsequent escape covered the cracks there all season. Some will want to give him credit for the manner of their escape, but on that logic, should he be criticised for his Leicester side sitting in dead last for 18 games in a row?

Leicester are currently still riding that wave of momentum, but the form to me suggests that the squad was more than capable of this - Ranieri added to the squad, but the core starting side had quality.

WayneKerrins

Loz

Loads of pros IMO. He's got exactly the experience we need; finishing in the Play-Offs multiple times, winning the Championship AND Premier League survival. He's attacking-minded which suits our team and the style of play the fans want to see. He's a million miles from Kit's perceived kid-gloves, nicey-nicey approach to man management. From my limited insight he seems to suit the whole 'Head Coach' job description. (Well, he wears a tracksuit on the touchline)

The only con is that he's done a few things in the past which have made him look a bit of a wally. This is only potentially bad news from a PR perspective. Pearson said that he genuinely regrets those things, even calling up players and journalists to apologise, so I can't see him making the same mistakes in future. Obviously I hope he doesn't do anything embarrassing as our boss but ultimately even if he does, if we're heading towards the Prem, I'm not sure how much I'd care. 
@LawrenceQuilty

Ordar

I personally would put Pearson as my second choice after Moyes. That isn't to put down Pearson at all and I would be happy was he appointed. None of the anti Pearson rhetoric on this thread has any bearing on reality.

I want to go up this year

CincyFulham1

Quote from: bog on November 14, 2015, 02:50:06 PM
I have a friend (yes I do) and he is a ref at quite a high standard and Warnock is widely regarded as being the vilest on the line. Anyway he pencils in his eyebrows.

092.gif

Thank you and good night  

Explains why the Bitters think so highly of him.

TrexFFC

Stop supporting the club because of a managerial appointment you hate?

alexmur

seems he is the front runner now however true that might be. guess time will tell. still hope it's moyes.