more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mr khan: whatever it takes

Started by nose, August 21, 2016, 12:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I am not seeing that 'whatever it takes' is happening
a bit of what it takes and then when season tickets are sold no need to bother seems to be occuring

whatever it takes should have meant a change in the senior management and purchasing policy..... instead we have a brilliant manager that feels totally frustrated at the nonsense of the last three disastorous years continuing.

Mr Khan it is time to listen to people that know more, namely us the supporters. we can see a disastour unfloding again, time to act!

honestly how can the ceo remain in situ after everything that has happened in the last three years. if he was any good this wouldn't be happening now.

Chutney

Khan has done nothing but lie and deceive since he took the reigns. The flat out lack of respect he demonstrates by doing so is disgusting.
C O Y W

nose

Quote from: Chutney on August 21, 2016, 12:56:41 PM
Khan has done nothing but lie and deceive since he took the reigns. The flat out lack of respect he demonstrates by doing so is disgusting.

personally I would not say that but he certainly speaks well but does not follow through with appropriate action

Fulham76

He hasn't followed through on his promises & doesn't look like he will again this summer.

For the record he said he has 'given SJ the green light to build a team capable of challenging for promotion'. Instead of allowing SJ to build anything we've got a clown with a computer!

But a lot of us are forgetting that we're a pretty small investment within his group of businesses/interests & he probably cares very little for what we think. This stats business could turn out to be a massive success, (unlikely it will benefit us), but elsewhere & potentially make him more billions, so I understand, from a business point of view, why it's got his backing.

I assume he'll continue to focus on his main interests & allow us to float along until a buyer is found or he decides to do whatever it was that he bought us for in the first place.

This guy is a very successful businessman, one of the richest on the planet & he wouldn't be stupid enough to think he was going to make money from us on the football side of things.

Exactly why he did buy us remains a mystery but I don't think we'll like it if we ever find out.

bill taylors apprentice

And did anyone read his words in yesterdays programme ?

Apart from the news on George Cohen's statue unavailing, it was all the same tired words but not necessarily in the same order as before.

The man probably didn't actually write it himself but he put his signature to another load of sanctimonious drivel !

HatterDon

Quote from: nose on August 21, 2016, 12:48:32 PM
a bit of what it takes and then when season tickets are sold no need to bother seems to be occuring

whatever it takes should have meant a change in the senior management and purchasing policy..... instead we have a brilliant manager that feels totally frustrated at the nonsense of the last three disastorous years continuing.

Mr Khan it is time to listen to people that know more, namely us the supporters. we can see a disastour unfloding again, time to act!

honestly how can the ceo remain in situ after everything that has happened in the last three years. if he was any good this wouldn't be happening now.

HEY, WE'RE UNDEFEATED FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF AUGUST -- INCLUDING TWO CUP TIES

Sorry to yell, but it seems as if there are folks on here who post the same stuff 12 times a day regardless of our performance or results.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Nothing but lie and deceive?  Is that so?  Perhaps you know how much he has to spend at this point to stay within the rules.  If so, please explain to the rest of us.  Isn't it a bit presumptuous to call the owner a liar and a deceiver because he hasn't spent enough of his own money at this point in time to satisfy your personal wishes?   Seems like the club is quietly adding key players, has significant turnover, and appears not to be done yet with acquisitions. 

Roberty

Considering the dross we've brought in during the previous three seasons on the "manager's recommendations" it is perhaps been a good thing to have Kline looking at the analytics - it has produced some unexpected gems so far and there is nothing to say that letting SJ have the only input would have achieved a better result. So far the Kline team are playing fine and we have a great manager to mold them into an effective team.

As far as him putting money into the club - no one knows - but since we had a transfer embargo during the January window we must have over spent and made higher losses that FFP allows - I think people forget the the FFP loss includes operating costs - wages for instance - and that is not just the amount we can spend on transfer fees.

As far as sitting back and waiting for a buyer is concerned - that makes no sense at all since the club is worth zilch until we get back into the PL

What is needed now are strikers and with most teams in the PL and elsewhere needing to down size their squads before the window closes there are going to be some unexpected opportunities in the market for us to look at and our good start should be an attraction to them. That and being able to live and work in one of the worlds most attractive cities.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

Quote from: Roberty on August 29, 2016, 06:44:48 AM
Considering the dross we've brought in during the previous three seasons on the "manager's recommendations" it is perhaps been a good thing to have Kline looking at the analytics - it has produced some unexpected gems so far and there is nothing to say that letting SJ have the only input would have achieved a better result. So far the Kline team are playing fine and we have a great manager to mold them into an effective team.

As far as him putting money into the club - no one knows - but since we had a transfer embargo during the January window we must have over spent and made higher losses that FFP allows - I think people forget the the FFP loss includes operating costs - wages for instance - and that is not just the amount we can spend on transfer fees.

As far as sitting back and waiting for a buyer is concerned - that makes no sense at all since the club is worth zilch until we get back into the PL

What is needed now are strikers and with most teams in the PL and elsewhere needing to down size their squads before the window closes there are going to be some unexpected opportunities in the market for us to look at and our good start should be an attraction to them. That and being able to live and work in one of the worlds most attractive cities.

Which city's that?!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Roberty

Quote from: Holders on August 29, 2016, 09:26:18 AM
Quote from: Roberty on August 29, 2016, 06:44:48 AM

Which city's that?!

The one that has shoppers spending more money that any two other cities in the world - the perfect location for any wag

grandad

I see the usual Khan haters are out. If we were to finish 2nd this season they would still be complaining that he should have spent big & go up as Champions..
You lot know nothing about the financial requirements of the club which Khan has to underwrite.
Where does it say that an owner has to spend multi millions to build a successful team. We have been there before with several failures & not all of them in Khan?s tenure.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexmur

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2016, 01:49:09 AM
Quote from: nose on August 21, 2016, 12:48:32 PM

HEY, WE'RE UNDEFEATED FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF AUGUST -- INCLUDING TWO CUP TIES

Sorry to yell, but it seems as if there are folks on here who post the same stuff 12 times a day regardless of our performance or results.
well said hatter, like my wife some people just like having a moan.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on August 29, 2016, 09:07:10 AM
Couple of observations

1. It amazes me how assertively people can judge our new signings when by my count 4 of them, representing about two thirds of the gross spend, haven't played substantially more than 90 minutes. The success of this window is also contingent on us signing one or two strikers that haven't even been identified (to fans) yet. Whilst I'm beginning to share others' optimism (for various reasons, generally attributable to the manager, that I won't go into) we'd do well not to completely forget how impressed we were with Stearman, O'Hara, Stafylidis and even Bodurov at first.

2. Breaching FFP limits in 2014/15 means we lost more than permitted that year (?3m) but it doesn't necessarily mean Khan put in more than, or indeed any of, the equity investment that was permitted (?5m).

I wasn't but that doesn't matter and you can add Pringle and Ross to your list - all of them may have been their clubs player of the year but for clubs that never won anything. The new lot haven't won anything either but they seem to be more skillful and have a better spirit and this time round we seem to have a manager who know how organise them.

It is well to remember that the fans campaigned for Kit to be manager and Khan gave us exactly what we wanted - what a mistake that was.

You seem to be obsessed Khan's and money? I presume Forbes do not lie and he has some!

There is no tooth fairy - if the club has lost money you can add it to the 200m he paid for the club. At the moment our club is worth zilch and he's never going to get it back until we get into the PL. Moving us out of the Cottage and building on it is not an option - as the great Egyptian found out when we were playing at Loftus Road. So his only option is promotion.

Tonywa

And there was me delighted with our start to the season and really pleased with recruitment up to now thinking we only need a couple of decent strikers to complete the job and IU find myself in the midst of all sorts of criticism.  I have expressed my displeasure withe Chairman and his handling of the club in the past, but (given we get those strikers) I really cannot see what there is to moan about at the moment. A complete overhaul of the squad was promised and that's exactly what we have had.  What's the problem?

Arthur

Couple of observations

1. It amazes me how assertively people can judge our new signings when by my count 4 of them, representing about two thirds of the gross spend, haven't played substantially more than 90 minutes.

As assertively as this, do you mean?

Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
I'm optimistic that we'll sign a striker and we've still sigurdsson and johansen to bring in as well. And I expect Ayite, Jozabed and Kebano to get better as they adjust to the championship. So I am thinking about promotion.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on August 29, 2016, 10:07:34 AM
I see the usual Khan haters are out. If we were to finish 2nd this season they would still be complaining that he should have spent big & go up as Champions..
You lot know nothing about the financial requirements of the club which Khan has to underwrite.
Where does it say that an owner has to spend multi millions to build a successful team. We have been there before with several failures & not all of them in Khan?s tenure.

NO! The "usual Khan haters" as you call them are not out, people are responding to an update on a post, made when there was a long wait for the next signing.

Who are you to say "you lot know nothing about the financial requirements" I think that shows an ignorance on your part.

There may be a few blinkered "haters" on here but to one degree or another its the management of the club overall off the pitch and how its  affected the team and recruitment that people are not happy about , everything else is a side issue for now.

You pop up every now and again and make your remarks (which you're entitled to) as if you are the voice of reason but you make these comments with no more knowledge about Khans input than those you criticise.
You appear to know less than most about whats going on and just stick your head in the sand (that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as well)

We are in a better position team wise as of today but its taken too long to reach this point, there are still issues to be resolved on and off the pitch

The OP questions the clubs statements of intent and whichever way you look at them they have been misleading at best.
Its a bit like trying to find the truth in a politicians words only this is an English Football club and there's no need for weasel words.

The update post by HD is an unfounded dig because a quick review of recent posts would suggest "the same stuff" is not being repeated, let alone 12 times a day and there IS a growing optimism about the team.

Its been a good start but its early days and while you may feel the need to "Yell" there are player issues that still need to resolved (not to mention off the field issues)  if only people were closer to the action they might see things differently?

Lighthouse

This is the second or possibly third season we have had to change the squad almost in its entirety. Either the system doesn't/didn't work or the people in the that system were failing.

It is hard to criticise this season. We have the same argument about players not coming in quickly enough but we know from experience that with the transfer window as it is, this will always be the case. The days of over spending on iffy players are long gone.

We really are short of a few players up front. But then that was always going to be a position that was going to be the hardest to fill. Which is why we have done well bringing in so many attacking midfield options.

Many people are happy to have a go at the owner and to heap praise on our manager. But both extremes are probably wide of the mark. But if we don't get too cocky and expect promotion and bring in a forward or two. Plus keep our best players then few would argue that this has been a very good transfer window for us. If we fail to bring in a forward or two. Then the arguments will continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 29, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2016, 11:06:13 AM

NO! The "usual Khan haters" as you call them are not out, people are responding to an update on a previous post, made when there was a long wait for the next signing.

Who are you to say "you lot know nothing about the financial requirements" I think that shows an ignorance on your part.

There may be a few blinkered "haters" on here but to one degree or another its the management of the club overall off the pitch and how its  affected the team and recruitment that people are not happy about , everything else is a side issue for now.

You pop up every now and again and make your remarks (which you're entitled to) as if you are the voice of reason but you make these comments with no more knowledge about Khans input than those you criticise.
You appear to know less than most about whats going on and just stick your head in the sand (that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it as well)

We are in a better position team wise as of today but its taken too long to reach this point, there are still issues to be resolved on and off the pitch

The OP questions the clubs statements of intent and whichever way you look at them they have been misleading at best.
Its a bit like trying to find the truth in a politicians words only this is an English Football club and there's no need for weasel words.

The update post by HD is an unfounded dig because a quick review of recent posts would suggest "the same stuff" is not being repeated, let all alone 12 times a day and there is a growing optimism about the team.

Its been a good start but its early days and while you may feel the need to "Yell" there are player issues that still need to resolved (not to mention off the field issues) and if people where closer to the action they might see things differently?

You have pretty much said what I feel.

Cheers !
I try my best !

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on August 29, 2016, 11:11:02 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 29, 2016, 10:53:02 AM
Couple of observations

1. It amazes me how assertively people can judge our new signings when by my count 4 of them, representing about two thirds of the gross spend, haven't played substantially more than 90 minutes.

As assertively as this, do you mean?

Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 05:20:48 PM
I'm optimistic that we'll sign a striker and we've still sigurdsson and johansen to bring in as well. And I expect Ayite, Jozabed and Kebano to get better as they adjust to the championship. So I am thinking about promotion.

I'm confused. Have you actually read the two posts quoted there? If you're trying to show inconsistency here I literally don't think you could have made a worse attempt at it. Maybe I'm missing something

Now you seem to have finalised your reply:

You've got it: the two posts lack consistency.

In Saturday's post, you judge our new signings so favourably that you're thinking about promotion; in today's post, you're amazed that others can already be so confident about the success of our transfer business this window.

Tell me otherwise.

SG

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2016, 11:24:24 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 29, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2016, 11:06:13 AM

NO! The "usual Khan haters" as you call them are not out, people are responding to an update on a previous post, made when there was a long wait for the next signing.

The update post by HD is an unfounded dig because a quick review of recent posts would suggest "the same stuff" is not being repeated, let all alone 12 times a day and there is a growing optimism about the team.

Its been a good start but its early days and while you may feel the need to "Yell" there are player issues that still need to resolved (not to mention off the field issues) and if people where closer to the action they might see things differently?

You have pretty much said what I feel.

Cheers !
I try my best !

This echoes my thoughts as well. We have had 3 years of Khans chairmanship which by any measure the club has significantly regressed. Thankfully we look to be turning it around but as our manager has already warned there is a long season ahead.
Having said that a friend of mine visited Motspur Park recently as part of his job and commented that the work they are doing here is making it an incredible facility. Maybe the club should be doing more to publicise the investment they are making there with updates of the work. Most of us know little about this and information would help to build upon the feel good factor