more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

MCCORMACK LATEST

Fulham will not be re-signing Ross McCormack this month after boss Slavisa Jokanovic consulted the opinion of his players and staff, Sky Sports News HQ understands.
The Championship club had not been that keen to bring the Scotland international back to Craven Cottage anyway after he kicked up a fuss to leave them in January 2016.
McCormack handed in a transfer request at Fulham a year ago but Jokanovic persuaded him to recommit until last summer, when he joined Aston Villa. But Fulham are struggling to find a new striker in the January window and sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that Jokanovic canvassed opinion from the dressing room on a McCormack return, and the response was negative.
Fulham had been interested in signing David Nugent from Middlesbrough this month but he signed for Derby County instead. Sky sources understand they also want to sign Boro's Jordan Rhodes but deem him too expensive after being quoted £9m.
McCormack has been criticised for his attitude by Villa boss Steve Bruce this week after he missed training. The club are prepared to let him leave.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on January 24, 2017, 05:26:15 PM
MCCORMACK LATEST

Fulham will not be re-signing Ross McCormack this month after boss Slavisa Jokanovic consulted the opinion of his players and staff, Sky Sports News HQ understands.
The Championship club had not been that keen to bring the Scotland international back to Craven Cottage anyway after he kicked up a fuss to leave them in January 2016.
McCormack handed in a transfer request at Fulham a year ago but Jokanovic persuaded him to recommit until last summer, when he joined Aston Villa. But Fulham are struggling to find a new striker in the January window and sources have told Sky Sports News HQ that Jokanovic canvassed opinion from the dressing room on a McCormack return, and the response was negative.
Fulham had been interested in signing David Nugent from Middlesbrough this month but he signed for Derby County instead. Sky sources understand they also want to sign Boro's Jordan Rhodes but deem him too expensive after being quoted £9m.
McCormack has been criticised for his attitude by Villa boss Steve Bruce this week after he missed training. The club are prepared to let him leave.

I can't help having a chuckle at this, now McCormack's games have left him as 'billy no mates' !

MJG

Like any of these stories people choose to believe the one that backs up their view.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 06:31:22 PM
Like any of these stories people choose to believe the one that backs up their view.

I see where you're coming from but you must agree there are some objective criteria which make a story more or less reliable. Quotes from named sources is obviously the holy grail, but something popping up in different outlets (except where it's just a re-hash of the same story) or fitting with reasonable assumptions (eg, we're looking for a DM, we're looking in some of the other Euro leagues) make me more inclined to believe it. However a story from "Sky sources" that we were in for Nugent and Rhodes but not McCormack because the players don't like him, just stinks of lazy, shoddy journalism IMO. I'm surprised they didn't mention Agbonlahor and Jerome as well.
I agree with a lot of that. The story below comes from Tom Barclay who is a very good journo and not a click bait blogger.
When I posted my comment I did actually write about Ross and actual comments he made about leaving last summer.... But then people said it was wrong and he was covering up for club etc etc. Actual quotes always for me make the difference.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 07:14:27 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 07:01:57 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 24, 2017, 06:31:22 PM

I see where you're coming from but you must agree there are some objective criteria which make a story more or less reliable. Quotes from named sources is obviously the holy grail, but something popping up in different outlets (except where it's just a re-hash of the same story) or fitting with reasonable assumptions (eg, we're looking for a DM, we're looking in some of the other Euro leagues) make me more inclined to believe it. However a story from "Sky sources" that we were in for Nugent and Rhodes but not McCormack because the players don't like him, just stinks of lazy, shoddy journalism IMO. I'm surprised they didn't mention Agbonlahor and Jerome as well.
I agree with a lot of that. The story below comes from Tom Barclay who is a very good journo and not a click bait blogger.
When I posted my comment I did actually write about Ross and actual comments he made about leaving last summer.... But then people said it was wrong and he was covering up for club etc etc. Actual quotes always for me make the difference.

The quotes you mention, if you mean McCormack's comments about Fulham when he signed for Villa, sounded to me just like the standard, "everyone in the team has to share the blame and that includes me (despite my goals)"

Anyway as to Barclay, I suppose he did write this which i like very much!
" Jokanovic has bred a team-first mentality that has helped produce arguably the finest football in the division"
no the one saying I came back in the summer and said I wanted to leave.

westcliff white

According to sky we are interested in Rhodes but feel the 9 million is to much
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on January 24, 2017, 09:22:13 PM

It appears that every player we should and need to sign is too much.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hoppus

We really need a striker, if Martin get injured we have a problem.
SJ said we will sign 2-3 players (one of them a striker) and that we would keep Martin?

Mince n Tatties

Other source also saying Fulham want Rhodes but fee too high.
OK how about send Martin back and we have the dosh.

FPT

What annoys me about this is - we must know how much roughly we have to spend - and we should roughly how much Jordan Rhodes would cost. To me, interest stops there if we do not have £9m to spend on one striker.

It's like when you go into a corner shop and a buy a bottle of coke for £1.20 but you've only got a quid on you. You ask, sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. Except what we're talking about with Fulham is the matter of hundreds of thousands or even millions of pounds rather than 20p.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FPT on January 25, 2017, 10:32:44 AM

What annoys me about this is - we must know how much roughly we have to spend - and we should roughly how much Jordan Rhodes would cost. To me, interest stops there if we do not have £9m to spend on one striker.

It's like when you go into a corner shop and a buy a bottle of coke for £1.20 but you've only got a quid on you. You ask, sometimes they say yes, sometimes they say no. Except what we're talking about with Fulham is the matter of hundreds of thousands or even millions of pounds rather than 20p.

You shouldn't drink  fizzy drinks they're full of crap...lol

westcliff white

river phoenix

westcliff white

Quote from: river phoenix on January 25, 2017, 11:40:22 AM
Cédric Yambéré to Apoel Nicosia on loan.
He turned them down at the end of last week, to come to us apparently, now he goes there, maybe changed his mind again and wanted the hot weather

AlexW132

brightster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2017, 09:47:01 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2017, 09:40:50 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2017, 08:55:00 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 24, 2017, 07:35:35 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 23, 2017, 04:24:03 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on January 23, 2017, 04:07:46 PM
Jeez I'm bored, we're not even being linked with anyone bar Mccormack anymore...
Anyone wanna make some rumours? See if the Daily Mail will pick them up...

I had a bar of Caramac hidden in Kitchen drawer,its gone.
Rumour is my missus has half inched it.

Does Caramac still exist or was this an obsolete bar from c. 1990?

You can still get Caramac at certain shops.

I guess you have to be "in teh know"? Nudge. nudge, nods as a good as a wink squire,,,,,,,,,,,
I have the wife out spending her days searching for things like this.
Still can't get a packet of Old English Spangles..lol

They have everything on Amazon, all retro sweets and confectionery, even Jubblies lol

David I

Quote from: westcliff white on January 25, 2017, 11:44:52 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on January 25, 2017, 11:40:22 AM
Cédric Yambéré to Apoel Nicosia on loan.
He turned them down at the end of last week, to come to us apparently, now he goes there, maybe changed his mind again and wanted the hot weather
Or watched the games against QPR and Reading and thought - "Fcuk that".....  :dead horse:

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on January 24, 2017, 09:36:56 PM
Well unless something changes in the next ten minutes there'll be little point making any more signings. Which was probably the aim all along. So at least we can close this thread, and any threads about the play-offs, and start talking about what new teams we'll be be playing in the championship next year. Anyone else looking forward to Scunthorpe away?

Fleetwood could be an interesting weekend away but betcha it will be a Tuesday night and it will be raining.
I think people need to embrace the fact that we will Championship artisans next season with the incentive that teams as strong as Newcastle and Brighton won't be around.

Mince n Tatties

Come on Fulham let's get cracking 6 days left.
Villa another 2 into day,Wolves another.
Hope were not waiting till last day to waste another 7 million on imports.

AlexW132

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2017, 04:25:12 PM
Come on Fulham let's get cracking 6 days left.
Villa another 2 into day,Wolves another.
Hope were not waiting till last day to waste another 7 million on imports.
By 'Imports' are you suggesting that we have to buy from within the country?