https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2016, 12:11:32 PM
Bogle done and dusted to Notts Forest I believe.
Rumour was he signed a contract with us back in August when he was at Motspur, so will be interesting to see where he goes.

Gotta love a transfer window
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Sunday paper stated Forest odds on to sign him.
I dont know if he good enough anyway.

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 19, 2016, 07:27:12 PM
Got to fancy SMITH to moves on in Jan.  Why would he stay??

Yes , he has never been given a real chance at Fulham. Personally I like him as he always causes some disturbance in the opponent's box and provides a ready target to enable quick balls to be delivered from defence. However, he is clearly not part of Jocanovic's plans so it would be best for him and us if he leaves.
Just hope we don't give him away , he must be worth a reasonable amount to some club.

RaySmith

Maybe better for Matt is he moved on. I've always liked him - a wholehearted player, with many assets to the right team, but  doesn't seem to be in Slavisa's plans.

On the other hand - don't we still need him as cover at least, unless we bring at lest one other striker in.

gerrys

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2016, 12:24:44 PM

Yes , he has never been given a real chance at Fulham. Personally I like him as he always causes some disturbance in the opponent's box and provides a ready target to enable quick balls to be delivered from defence. However, he is clearly not part of Jocanovic's plans so it would be best for him and us if he leaves.
Just hope we don't give him away , he must be worth a reasonable amount to some club.
He only cost us 500k, can't lose much on him then.

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on December 20, 2016, 12:35:34 PM
Maybe better for Matt is he moved on. I've always liked him - a wholehearted player, with many assets to the right team, but  doesn't seem to be in Slavisa's plans.

On the other hand - don't we still need him as cover at least, unless we bring at lest one other striker in.
cover for who, martin piazon and even humphrys are now ahead in the pecking order.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: gerrys on December 20, 2016, 12:35:43 PM

But we are not going to get an equivalent or better replacement for 500K so I hope we are looking for £1m or more.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2016, 01:27:52 PM

But we are not going to get an equivalent or better replacement for 500K so I hope we are looking for £1m or more.
Why would you want an equivalent?  We need someone much better
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Someone mentioned earlier in the tread that Fulham were in for this fellow:

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ  2h2 hours ago
BREAKING: @BCFC sign striker Lukas Jutkiewicz on a permanent deal from @BurnleyOfficial for £1million. #SSNHQ
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 20, 2016, 12:37:32 PM
bearing in mind there's actually been nothing to stop us agreeing deals since September it would be nice to get something done for the start of the window or at least in the first two weeks, and to have those players available for the 4 games (10% of our season!) we've to get through in the second half.

But this is Fulham so of course I fully expect the next 40 days to pass by with no activity then a couple of disappointing announcements around 9pm on the last day of the window
how many championship transfers do you expect across the 24 clubs in first week of January?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2016, 12:20:50 PM
Sunday paper stated Forest odds on to sign him.
I dont know if he good enough anyway.

They also had Ayite to Forest done and dusted as well.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2016, 01:33:16 PM

Of course we want someone better but that rarely happens. For someone better than Smith we will have to pay upwards of £5m and therefore we should not think of letting Smith leave for anything under £1m

@jolslover

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2016, 04:19:10 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2016, 01:33:16 PM

Of course we want someone better but that rarely happens. For someone better than Smith we will have to pay upwards of £5m and therefore we should not think of letting Smith leave for anything under £1m

Finding someone better than Smith should not be hard to do ahha, One of the worst players ive seen in a Fulham shirt. Immobile and is useless with the ball at his feet.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

I like Matt,but not any good for our system.Sheff Utd beckons or another Yorkshire club.

Mince n Tatties

Can we get our money back on Kebano and Jozabed?
Surely the most wasted 7 million of the Summer Window by any club.

Fulham Tup North

Omar Bogle could prove to be a great signing.  Look at Vardy, from Halifax to Fleetwood to the Premiership Title.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2016, 05:30:36 PM
Can we get our money back on Kebano and Jozabed?
Surely the most wasted 7 million of the Summer Window by any club.
Patience, Jozabad is just getting used to language and the change of country and league. Taking time to settle in.

f321ffc

Could it be us?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nero

Quote from: f321ffc on December 20, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

Could it be us?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.

Cant be us says Very Big Bid we dont start off with Big Bids