watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

W B A interested in him,and he has said wants to play in Premier.

Mince n Tatties

AlexW132

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2016, 10:32:43 PM
RB Leipzig interested in Ryan Sessegnon

Hopefully Ryan realizes he's better off at a genuine club rather than a Red Bull ad campaign.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AlexW132 on December 20, 2016, 11:43:36 PM

Hopefully Ryan realizes he's better off at a genuine club rather than a Red Bull ad campaign.

You mean potential Bundesliga champion? Or potential Bundesliga Champions Lge representative? Look down on them if you will but, if they maintain their form, they're certainly far more than an ad campaign.

And while we're at it, EVERY major professional club is an ad campaign for someone or something. Why treat them differently?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlexW132

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 21, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on December 20, 2016, 11:43:36 PM

You mean potential Bundesliga champion? Or potential Bundesliga Champions Lge representative? Look down on them if you will but, if they maintain their form, they're certainly far more than an ad campaign.

And while we're at it, EVERY major professional club is an ad campaign for someone or something. Why treat them differently?

Don't get me wrong. They're a good club on the pitch, and I can see them becoming a dominant force for years to come. However I believe what they do is morally wrong. They buy out a club, rebrand it with Red Bull logos and pour in the money. They starve all the other clubs of their young talent by paying ridiculous money, i.e. Timo Werner, Oliver Burke, Davie Selke, etc. and as a result glide through the divisions with ease. Yes, what they do in terms of youth development is admirable, but that's about as far as it goes. It's no surprise they are top of the Bundesliga right now, and in my opinion they could be the new Bayern in the future in terms of dominance. At the end of the day, RB's purpose is to sell an energy drink. The only reason they are RB Leipzig and not Red Bull is because the DFB won't allow it. Just imagine, would you be happy if we were called Red Bull Fulham? or Visit Florida Fulham? I would never EVER want us to become anything like that, even if it meant we became Premier League champions. At the end of the day, football is about fans and not anything else.

spikey norman

Quote from: Nero on December 20, 2016, 08:59:52 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on December 20, 2016, 07:39:54 PM

Could it be us?

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
Scott Hogan developments. Very big bid in. Championship side. Don't think ever been linked with him before.

Cant be us says Very Big Bid we dont start off with Big Bids

Sky Sports reporting that WBA after Rudy Gestede from Villa and Villa want Hogan.

Buffalo76

Even if we did make a bid 4 Hogan Villa would probably offer more, plus I can't see Brentford selling him 2 us anyway.

AlexW132

I'm under the impression that Villa are trying to hoard all the good strikers.

river phoenix

Villa. They already have McCormack, Kodjia, Ayew, Kozak and Agbonlahor, they spent on two of them close to 30 mil this season and now Hogan. How many strikers do they need?

Just like Sheff. Wednesday. Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu... and they want to bid big for Rhodes.

MJG

Not sure I'd gamble on Hogan. Past injures and ok hes been hot for Brentford this calendar year but hardly proven.

AlexW132

I'm not sure 20 goals over 2 seasons should warrant a 9 million price tag.

AlexW132

Quote from: river phoenix on December 21, 2016, 08:51:16 AM
Villa. They already have McCormack, Kodjia, Ayew, Kozak and Agbonlahor, they spent on two of them close to 30 mil this season and now Hogan. How many strikers do they need?

Just like Sheff. Wednesday. Hooper, Forestieri, Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu... and they want to bid big for Rhodes.

Villa also have Gestede, rotting on the bench

river phoenix

Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 08:51:47 AM
Not sure I'd gamble on Hogan. Past injures and ok hes been hot for Brentford this calendar year but hardly proven.

Pretty much same here. A very good player, he`s been profilic for both Rochdale and Brentford, but that knee injuries are a concern, for sure.

Better gamble on Omar Bogle for under 1 mil.

MJG

Quote from: AlexW132 on December 21, 2016, 08:54:55 AM
Its 20 goals since April this year because he was out till March with injury

AlexW132

Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 08:58:34 AM

I suppose so, but I'd give a player 2 whole seasons before I'd call them proven.

MJG

Quote from: AlexW132 on December 21, 2016, 09:08:32 AM

I suppose so, but I'd give a player 2 whole seasons before I'd call them proven.
Agreed. As i said he's on a hot streak. He did give us problems and I liked the look of him, I'd just want more proof he has it in him if I was looking to spend on him.

Buffalo76

Cairney to Brighton for £3m next month???? Anyone seen anything about this? Was told this by a Brighton fan so it could just be a wind up.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 09:16:31 AM

Agreed. As i said he's on a hot streak. He did give us problems and I liked the look of him, I'd just want more proof he has it in him if I was looking to spend on him.

We couldnt afford him, or we could but Khan would never sanction it. Bees mates love him, hes injury free now and is a fantastic finisher.
Anyone who scores goals is going for silly money track record or not, another pluck from Warburton too to go aling with Andre Gray

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 21, 2016, 09:21:56 AM
Cairney to Brighton for £3m next month???? Anyone seen anything about this? Was told this by a Brighton fan so it could just be a wind up.

lol...30 million more like.

MJG

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 21, 2016, 09:23:32 AM
Quote from: MJG on December 21, 2016, 09:16:31 AM

We couldnt afford him, or we could but Khan would never sanction it. Bees mates love him, hes injury free now and is a fantastic finisher.
Anyone who scores goals is going for silly money track record or not, another pluck from Warburton too to go aling with Andre Gray
But given hes less than a year after that injury and while his short term record is good, for me hes not worth big cash, so in this case I'd back the club if they dont want him at a high price.