The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Sky just said jozabed to leganes in la liga on loan for the rest of the season

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: snarks on January 01, 2017, 03:49:04 PM
This makes sense, he is getting no game time with us.  Unfair to keep him here doing nothing.  Hopefully he will get plenty of games and come back a sharper player.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2017, 02:18:54 PM
Few little rumours floating about regarding Mitrovic at Newcastle

This would be the dream, However suspect if he left Newcastle it would be a premier league club.

What?
12 goals in 48 games,want be any in premier after him...And not us either I hope.

TXWhite

Quick FFP question (and I'm sure nobody will have an exact answer) - does anybody know roughly how much we have to spend this window, as of right now?

ToodlesMcToot

And how is he supposed to acclimate to life in England and English football in Leganes???
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 01, 2017, 04:10:27 PM

And how is he supposed to acclimate to life in England and English football in Leganes???
he isn't is he. Gone in the summer I'd imagine. Shame really thought he had something about him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 01, 2017, 04:06:36 PM

What?
12 goals in 48 games,want be any in premier after him...And not us either I hope.

Those sort of raw figures can be quite misleading.
It's true that he isn't an automatic pick for Newcastle, but he is a young striker with a pretty good goal/minute strike rate in Championship, PL and European play.

This gives the full picture:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aleksandar-mitrovic/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/51152

Potentially very useful.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on January 01, 2017, 04:12:17 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 01, 2017, 04:10:27 PM

he isn't is he. Gone in the summer I'd imagine. Shame really thought he had something about him

My thoughts exactly. Just not going to happen. At least he'll be well valued still in Spain. Shame. I was excited to have him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Samsara

I wonder if a swap deal would develop out of the Martin situation. If were going to play Martin's game, and Khan's aptitude for business, I could only see us allowing Martin's return if not only Derby repay the Loan fee (at least) but provide a replacement. Realistically that player would be Vydra. He's not 'like for like' and I'd say maybe not as effective as Martin, but he saw a great year under Jokanovic at Watford. Would anybody take Vydra? I'd rather have us try to find a replacement for Martin if he's not going to play for us, which seems to be the inevitable future, and this way we can at least somewhat fill that void. Letting Martin doddle around the U-23's as punishment just seems unproductive to me.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 01, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 02:43:32 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 01, 2017, 02:18:54 PM
Few little rumours floating about regarding Mitrovic at Newcastle

This would be the dream, However suspect if he left Newcastle it would be a premier league club.

What?

There is more to a striker than how many goals they have scored in a certain number of games. He has rarely started for Newcastle so the 48 games is misleading. He has a goal per 150 minutes this season in the champ. Compared to Chris Martins goal every 230 minutes.
Have you ever actually seen him play? Very good on the ball for his height and works very hard. Talented footballer.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: SWAD on January 01, 2017, 05:19:20 PM
I wonder if a swap deal would develop out of the Martin situation. If were going to play Martin's game, and Khan's aptitude for business, I could only see us allowing Martin's return if not only Derby repay the Loan fee (at least) but provide a replacement. Realistically that player would be Vydra. He's not 'like for like' and I'd say maybe not as effective as Martin, but he saw a great year under Jokanovic at Watford. Would anybody take Vydra? I'd rather have us try to find a replacement for Martin if he's not going to play for us, which seems to be the inevitable future, and this way we can at least somewhat fill that void. Letting Martin doddle around the U-23's as punishment just seems unproductive to me.

I would love this, Martin and Vydra are completely different strikers. Martin will hold the ball up and bring others into play, While Vydra will make runs in behind and is very quick. I think if we could cancel Martins loan and bring in Vydra on loan I would be very happy.
I think Slavisa would have rather had Vydra than Martin but the 12mill price tag put him off and Watford wanted a permanent buyer.
STH H3

@jolslover

Whereabouts have you seen this? Is there a link to it?
STH H3

snarks

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 05:30:48 PM

Whereabouts have you seen this? Is there a link to it?

It was on the sky sports news channel, I was watching just to see any news and that came up, not the ticker tape bit, but the news strip for the championship

Mince n Tatties

With a bit of luck will stay out there,money wasted on panic buys,hopefully we will recover some
of the 7 million for him and Kebano.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 01, 2017, 05:44:48 PM
With a bit of luck will stay out there,money wasted on panic buys,hopefully we will recover some
of the 7 million for him and Kebano.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Tell Derby to swap Vydra for Martin or f$ck off
Sign Mitrovic on loan
Sign Dicko for 2m

Not gonna be popular but I'd take Cameron Jerome as one of the 3. Mitrovic, Jerome and Vydra is better than Martin or no striker which is our current situation.....or you could say currently just no striker
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

@jolslover

SSN just said 'Jokanovic wants a forward, a winger, a midfielder and a dominant centre-back this month'
STH H3

DevonFFC

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 09:54:50 PM
SSN just said 'Jokanovic wants a forward, a winger, a midfielder and a dominant centre-back this month'

Well lansbury from forest woudl be cracking buy and also piss off derby

JoelH5

Quote from: @jolslover on January 01, 2017, 09:54:50 PM

If we can sign all those this month that would be pretty incredible.

We'd have a great team
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

This is the kind of statement I want to hear. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.