https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2017, 10:48:10 PM
This is the kind of statement I want to hear. ⚽️
I want to hear it from Mr Khan.... Then I would be v. pleased :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Tonywa

I desperately want Scarlett Johanesson - doesn't mean I'm going to get her ;-)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tonywa on January 01, 2017, 11:26:44 PM

You will have to queue up like the rest of us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2017, 11:33:59 PM

I've heard that she is hard work!!
Be careful what you wish for ;)

HillFace

There's only one S. Johansen I want.
The above may be nonsense

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 01, 2017, 11:36:55 PM

I don't mind her doing all the work.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 01, 2017, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 01, 2017, 11:36:55 PM

I don't mind her doing all the work.
Yes, I've always seen you as the 'Hands-Free'  type WM.

Samsara

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 01, 2017, 09:20:26 PM
Tell Derby to swap Vydra for Martin or f$ck off
Sign Mitrovic on loan
Sign Dicko for 2m

Not gonna be popular but I'd take Cameron Jerome as one of the 3. Mitrovic, Jerome and Vydra is better than Martin or no striker which is our current situation.....or you could say currently just no striker

I was talking to some Derby supporters who would be delighted to swap Vydra for Martin. Vydra is a skilled striker but doesn't really fit into the Derby system apparently so he hasn't really been vital this year. They seem to think it'd be a steal on their part but I would certainly take it.

@jolslover

Quote from: SWAD on January 02, 2017, 12:30:41 AM
Sign Mitrovic on loan
Sign Dicko for 2m

Not gonna be popular but I'd take Cameron Jerome as one of the 3. Mitrovic, Jerome and Vydra is better than Martin or no striker which is our current situation.....or you could say currently just no striker

I was talking to some Derby supporters who would be delighted to swap Vydra for Martin. Vydra is a skilled striker but doesn't really fit into the Derby system apparently so he hasn't really been vital this year. They seem to think it'd be a steal on their part but I would certainly take it.

Agree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg_Y_QkZkY
Thats a good video of Vydras goals for Watford. Playing under Slavisa playing similar football to the way we play now. Some of those goals are brilliant.
STH H3

Snibbo

Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
Sign Mitrovic on loan
Sign Dicko for 2m

Thats a good video of Vydras goals for Watford. Playing under Slavisa playing similar football to the way we play now. Some of those goals are brilliant.
Looks good. And he can take a penalty which would be useful. Maybe Slav can revive his career like he's done for Johansen

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Snibbo on January 02, 2017, 12:58:25 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
Sign Mitrovic on loan
Sign Dicko for 2m

Looks good. And he can take a penalty which would be useful. Maybe Slav can revive his career like he's done for Johansen

Vydras got 5 league goals in two seasons, apart from Watford he hasn't set the world alight anywhere else.To be fair to him & in his defence I think hes been played out of position ?
Not sure either the Watford side he played in under Jokanovic play quite the same way we do. At Watford he seemed to play on the defenders shoulder using his pace to run in behind. Not sure hes what we need in our set up. Need a mobile target man with Fredericks,Malone & Aluko getting balls in

dannyboi-ffc

The handy thing with Vydra is he could probably play in any of the front 4 positions which gives us more options. I wouldnt sign him to be our 1st choice striker, he'd be in the 3 behind with someone like Mitrovic as first choice. As long as we sign someone with a good goal record i dont think its crucial when looking at Vydra. Its more important he fits into the system which he would.

Where as McCormack is full of goals but could he play the way we play? No but thats just my opinion.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

f321ffc

Newcastle in for Callum Wilson that would put Mitrovic further Down the pecking order, Rafa has said he doesn't want to sell Mitrovic so a loan could be on the cards, could it be us. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

We Are Premier League

I would be more than happy to take unsettled midfielder Cheick Tiote off Newcastles hands...altough his salary might be an issue.

JoelH5

Am I the only one who thinks Mitrovic coming here is unrealistic? There was talk of interest by Napoli for 18 mill not long ago. There's a slim chance of a loan but I'd be extremely suprised (and delighted) if we were able to get him permanently
I was there, standing in the Putney end

@jolslover

I'd have Tiote but wages probably too high. Mitrovic would be a big big signing if we could pull it off (seems unrealistic.)
STH H3

Alukoslover

I didn't see why everyone on here is calling for us to sign Mitrovic, when we a perfectly capable striker on the bench in Matt Smith, especially when you consider mitrovics temperament.
Matts a goal scorer simple as that, if we played him consistently there is no doubt that he would score 20/25 goals. #BackSmith

ThisIsntAJok

Alukoslover, I agree with you that Smith is a capable goalscorer, but I cannot see him scoring consistently to get 20+ goals in this division. To get promoted you need at least one striker of Premier League quality (Gayle and Baldock) who you know will score more games than not. Grabban from Bournemouth or Mitrovic have done and certainly can get those numbers year after year.

Smith is a capable backup and can chip in with goals but we need a proven prolific goalscorer at this level to build on where we are. Anything less than that and we might not finish teams off.

Nero

what about Daryl Murphy from Newcastle on loan until the end of the season, getting on a bit now but could do a job

@jolslover

Quote from: Alukoslover on January 02, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
I didn't see why everyone on here is calling for us to sign Mitrovic, when we a perfectly capable striker on the bench in Matt Smith, especially when you consider mitrovics temperament.
Matts a goal scorer simple as that, if we played him consistently there is no doubt that he would score 20/25 goals. #BackSmith

Must be a joke surely?
STH H3