https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: @jolslover on January 02, 2017, 10:42:11 AM
Quote from: Alukoslover on January 02, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
I didn't see why everyone on here is calling for us to sign Mitrovic, when we a perfectly capable striker on the bench in Matt Smith, especially when you consider mitrovics temperament.
Matts a goal scorer simple as that, if we played him consistently there is no doubt that he would score 20/25 goals. #BackSmith

Must be a joke surely?
I thought this message should have been on the Christmas Cracker thread!!
20+ goals, ha!!!  Very good!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Since coming out of non league football , he's scored 38 times in 6-7 years, wherever he's been he averages around a goal every five games. If not a joke, I really wonder about the sanity of some fans. The guy is a target man who cant hold the ball up who has a turning circle of a double decker bus. Nice bloke, great pro-yes, solution to our problem-no.

@jolslover

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on January 02, 2017, 11:04:03 AM
Since coming out of non league football , he's scored 38 times in 6-7 years, wherever he's been he averages around a goal every five games. If not a joke, I really wonder about the sanity of some fans. The guy is a target man who cant hold the ball up who has a turning circle of a double decker bus. Nice bloke, great pro-yes, solution to our problem-no.

Agree.
STH H3

Whitesideup

Overly harsh I think.

Woolly Mammoth

Unfairly harsh I feel ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 02, 2017, 11:31:59 AM

Overly harsh I think.

Harsh but fair I think. Matt Smith is a good bloke and a model pro as stated, but he's not good enough for the level that we're at as a team right now, let alone where we aspire to be.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 02, 2017, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on January 02, 2017, 11:31:59 AM

Overly harsh I think.

Harsh but fair I think. Matt Smith is a good bloke and a model pro as stated, but he's not good enough for the level that we're at as a team right now, let alone where we aspire to be.
Whilst its true that on there day, most clubs can get a result against anyone in this league, I think there are about 4 levels in the division. For too many reasons to go into here, we pitched ourselves with a squad of players that hovered between level 2/3 & 4 in our last two seasons. I watched the Brentford Norwich game and I was amazed at how far ahead we were in the final 3rd as opposed to them (I was amazed but happy). We are definitely at a level 1/2 right now.

I think Matt Smith can do a decent job at a club at the lower end of this division. Ive no doubt about that. However, he just doesn't have enough for a club pushing for top 6. Lovely bloke and all that. File in the "Dan Burn" drawer.

cmg

Although I admire him as a decent sort of bloke, Matt Smith does not represent the kind of football I like to see us play.
However, there has been some arrant nonsense written about him in this thread.

Overall he actually scores in 1 in 4 rather than 1 in 5 games in which he appears. But that in itself is not a useful guide as an 'appearance' could be 1 or 90 minutes.

His Championship numbers (Leeds and Fulham), which are in fact better than his Lg1 numbers are:

p91    goals 21    asst 10     min. played  4007     min/goal 191

[Chris Martin's 77 Ch. goals have come at a rate of 239]

Smith can score all right. The question is to what extent his presence would effect the rest of the team and the way we play. 

Jamie88

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 02, 2017, 12:50:43 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 02, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
You can't score if you ain't playing.

He also can't score when he is

We may end up needing him this afternoon at some stage, so let's be gentle with him.

Never forget your Roots.

Texas White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 02, 2017, 12:55:46 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 02, 2017, 12:50:43 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 02, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
You can't score if you ain't playing.

It's a team game, and he has proved he can score given the right opportunity. He wouldn't be in the squad if Joka thought he wasn't up to it. The whole squad has to play a part if we are to get to the playoffs.

He also can't score when he is

We may end up needing him this afternoon at some stage, so let's be gentle with him.

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Talksport Tuesday morning,Fulham and Cardiff tracking Aberdeen's Irish winger Jonny Hayes.
RB Leipzig set to swoop for Scott Hogan.
Norwich to make big bid for Wells,money available after Brady joins Palace.

GloucesterWhite

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on January 03, 2017, 08:35:17 AM
Omar Bogle scored 2 more yesterday

The mind boggles if we do not make an attempt to sign Omar.

Never forget your Roots.

dgnffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 02, 2017, 02:35:57 PM
Nakki Wells to Norwich is being touted.

Bradford City mate of mine says this is his level, doesn't think he'd make it any higher.

Would prefer us to go back in for Bogle if that's possible after we didn't sign him in the summer.

fulhamben

Quote from: dgnffc on January 03, 2017, 10:40:56 AM

Bradford City mate of mine says this is his level, doesn't think he'd make it any higher.

Would prefer us to go back in for Bogle if that's possible after we didn't sign him in the summer.

We didn't sign Messi in the summer either, can't we go for him instead
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dgnffc

Quote from: fulhamben on January 03, 2017, 10:54:02 AM

But Bogle was "in the building" apparently. I can't answer for Messi.

fulhamben

Quote from: dgnffc on January 03, 2017, 10:59:20 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 03, 2017, 10:54:02 AM

But Bogle was "in the building" apparently. I can't answer for Messi.
I can confirm that during august, messi was in a building somewhere
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.