more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

river phoenix

Three strikers I would look at are Guido Burgstaller (FC Nurnberg, 14 goals so far, out of contract in the summer so can be had for a cheap), Sebastian Haller (FC Utrecht) and Omar Bogle.

I also hope Joka ring his buddy Aitor Karanka re: Jordan Rhodes.

Riverside

I have to admit I am not really looking at this much because

1) the important deal or deals will be done in the last week of the window
2) they will be none of the players we are talking about

How many of last windows 14 did we identify more than a week from the actual signing - or come to think of it within 72 hours !!

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on January 03, 2017, 02:40:55 PM
I have to admit I am not really looking at this much because

1) the important deal or deals will be done in the last week of the window
2) they will be none of the players we are talking about

How many of last windows 14 did we identify more than a week from the actual signing - or come to think of it within 72 hours !!
If we wait till the last week to get a decent striker in then we can kiss our season goodbye. I still blame the reason on Y's being out of touch on the fact it took us so long to get Martin in and then waste another 6 games getting him up to speed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL  2m2 minutes ago
Leeds United are leading Fulham in the race to sign out-of-favour Middlesbrough striker David Nugent.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 07:22:21 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 03, 2017, 07:15:20 PM
Leeds United are leading Fulham in the race to sign out-of-favour Middlesbrough striker David Nugent.

hopefully we will lose that race
proven at this level,  would be cheap allowing us to also go for someone else.

MJG

103 goals in  just over 300 championship games. Not bad.

dannyboi-ffc

Nugent would get more goals until the end of season than Smith has made his whole stay with us. I realise Smith gets limited chances but I'd expect Nugent to score them all as a back up off the bench.

Like MJG says, experienced, proven and cheap allowing for a better more expensive first choice to replace Martin.

Imo it makes sense but I wont cry if we miss out. Depends who we get instead but we need 2 strikers.

Smith only has 9 goals by the way
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Nugent:
Wouldn't be my first choice...But at least he would solve one problem -
                 Penalties - scored 12    missed 4

Toby Ward-Smith

Would be a good back-up striker however we would still need a starter for me

AlexW132

Woolly Mammoth

Nugent would be a better acquisition than some others that have been mentioned, he is a proven goal scorer and knows the championship inside out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 03, 2017, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 03, 2017, 07:22:21 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 03, 2017, 07:15:20 PM

hopefully we will lose that race
proven at this level,  would be cheap allowing us to also go for someone else.

the thing is if this happened, i can imagine in a few weeks i'll be one of those saying come on, why haven't we signed anyone else, we hardly spent anything on nugent, and you'll be the first to tell me we've paid him a £800k signing on fee and £40k p/w
I might well say that if I knew the figures. But as i have said, I'll take him but would not want him as the only striker coming in.

No one like Leggat

If he has a choice between Leeds and us I think he's more likely to choose the team 60 miles up the road. Shame really because he would have been a decent option for us.

AnEssexFan

I'd rather sign Bamford than Nugent, and I'd also like to see us go after Rhodes. If we're serious about making a push for the play offs why settle for Nugent when the other two appear to be available?
@leightonrw07

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 04, 2017, 09:33:08 AM
I'd rather sign Bamford than Nugent, and I'd also like to see us go after Rhodes. If we're serious about making a push for the play offs why settle for Nugent when the other two appear to be available?

Its not so much as going after Rhodes,more of would he want to come to us.

Roberty

Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 04, 2017, 09:33:08 AM

Are we allowed to have 3 players on loan from the same PL club

Kalas & Paizon are both from Chelsea - I guess a work round would be to sign one of them permanently
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

f321ffc

MBS Sport‏ @MBS_Sport
Derby County have opened talks with Middlesbrough. We believe it's advanced talks over David Nugent.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional