https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: mkras99 on January 04, 2017, 04:38:16 PM
Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL  36s37 seconds ago
Several Premier League and Championship clubs have expressed an interest in signing Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney.

I'm looking at that,there nothing on there about Cairney?

Mince n Tatties

See it now,that's twitter pages.
Nothing on Sky centre only Nugent.

dannyboi-ffc

If Derby are going to swap Martin it can only be Vydra or Johnny Russell. Otherwise forget it, pay us a fee to get him back early.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 04, 2017, 04:24:07 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 04, 2017, 04:16:22 PM
Just been linked with Camara from Derby. http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/01/fulham-join-race-for-camara/
Could use Martin as part of the deal.
Mate whos a Derby fan says hes rapid, Apparently very quick. Always played LW for them.

Will never forget when he scored against Man City to start the great escape for us
Or the sitter he missed at the Bridge near the end of the match.

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL  7m7 minutes ago
Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury for a fee worth in the region of £3m.

@jolslover

Abdoul Camara looks very good in these clips i've seen of him. Looks very quick, skillful and direct. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLM_ozS3H0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-WCEPgrgw

Hasn't started for Derby as Russel is hard to replace but I know a few of their fans have been calling for him to start. Looks like he would be a good signing especially as I think he would be happy to be a back-up winger. Would be happy with this

And before someone says 'any player looks good on youtube' I give you Cauley Woodrow, Ryan Tunnicliffe, Jamie O'hara and Ben Pringle.
STH H3

love4ffc

Does anyone else get the feeling we are only targeting average players.  Perhaps in hope that Joka can get more out of them than most coaches? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

mkras99

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/transfer-gossip-fulham-wolves-reportedly-want-aston-villa-man-qpr-linked-striker

Fulham are reported to be interested in bringing former striker Ross McCormack back to Craven Cottage.

The 30-year-old left for Aston Villa in a big-money move last summer but has scored only three times in 20 appearances.

The Mail claim the Whites and Villa's West Midlands neighbours Wolves have both enquired about McCormack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4086804/Transfer-news-LATEST-LIVE-Arsenal-Chelsea-Man-United-Liverpool-updates-plus-rest-Europe.html

SIMON JONES: Wolves and Fulham have enquired about taking Ross McCormack on loan from Aston Villa.
The requests are likely to fall on deaf ears at Villa Park after they signed McCormack for £12million in eh summer.
The 30-year-old has proved one of the most prolific strikers in the Championship over recent seasons but has been in and out of the starting line-up at Villa under Steve Bruce. He has made 12 starts and scored twice which has alerted Midlands neighbours Wolves and former club Fulham who are both looking to bolster their attacking options.

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: love4ffc on January 04, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling we are only targeting average players.  Perhaps in hope that Joka can get more out of them than most coaches?

Depends on your definition of average, and how much you believe press speculation.

We're a Championship club, so we aren't gonna be able to get he best players around as they'll be wanted by PL teams and likely top tier teams abroad.

Also, some players don't suit certain systems.  If a "worse" player suits us more than a "better" one, then the latter isn't gonna be the right option for us.

@jolslover

No Thanks, Would not have Ross back. Great player but doesnt fit our system as cant play up top by himself
STH H3

BestOfBrede

Quote from: @jolslover on January 04, 2017, 06:37:13 PM
No Thanks, Would not have Ross back. Great player but doesnt fit our system as cant play up top by himself
Don't agree with this - Ross is a goal scorer end of.
I reckon that some big offer for Tom will be accepted (probably Spurs, who for some irritating reason see us as their supply club! - kin hate em).
So if we accept a big, big offer - 15 mil plus, then why not Ross, who can play behind a quick striker? Obviously we would also need to invest in a quick striker too!
(I love Tom and think he's prem quality, although I do get irritated when he always attempts to turn the defender so that he can use his left - unfortunately every team now is aware of this and hence he isn't scoring)

Samsara

He never had reason to play up top alone as he always had a strike partner with us. However, Joka said at the end of the summer, when all the speculation over Ross' transfer was really starting to buzz, that our team was built around Mccormack. Im not sure how he'd fit into this system, but I wouldn't put it past him to be able to adapt. He certainly has the touch and strength to hold the ball up. I would be absolutely delighted to see him back at the cottage.

RaySmith

Ross has been a proven goalscorer for us (and can put pens away too).

I'm sure  our manager would find a way of fitting him into our system.

filham

Quote from: Statto on January 04, 2017, 06:48:34 PM
since we are talking about martin, mccormack and another derby reject camara it seems an appropriate moment to repeat this from the last silly season transfer thread

Quote from: Statto on August 28, 2016, 11:49:34 AM
Please not Martin.

The complaints I heard most frequently about McCormack were that he was fat, slow (this is given as the reason he's never played in the premiership) and had a bad attitude. At least two of which criticisms are probably untrue. But if McCormack was fat, slow and had a bad attitude, Martin is surely fatter, slower and has an even worse attitude.

Add to that he's not as prolific as McCormack, neither for goals nor assists (although admittedly not far off).

He's an ugly character, not a "Fulham" man.

I can't see how he fits our current style of play. We've signed a load of cultured, fast, technical players. Martin is the opposite of that.

I also don't want Derby's rejects in our first team. If they get Kodja and Vydra and we get Martin it will be humiliating.
I think your Crystal Ball is worth more than Stat Boy's computer programme.

f321ffc

Double League‏ @LigaBBVASerieA
#Championship sides #Brighton and #Fulham are linked with a move for #Udinese centre-back Thomas Heurtaux.#bhafc #ffc #transfers
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mhbruce

I definentley wouldn't turn Ross down but I worry he would completely change the way we play

MJG

If Ross comes back watch Cairney go back into his shell. Ross is all about me me me

J

Mince n Tatties

So you'd rather have a Derby reject like Camara who looks great on you tube.
Jols you need to get over this illness you have(I'm worried about you) where you think all exotic named foreigners are great players..lol

Fulham Tup North

So you'd rather have a Derby reject like Camara who looks great on you tube.
Jols you need to get over this illness you have(I'm worried about you) where you think all exotic named foreigners are great players..lol
[/quote]
Mince, where is your I. Want a Striker thread??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"