https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 05, 2017, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on January 05, 2017, 07:47:55 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/388059/new-hoops-star-kouassi-eboues-arrival-at-celtic-could-signal-the-end-for-hoops-midfielder-nir-bitton-with-fulham-in-the-hunt-for-his-signature/

COMINGS AND GOINGS New Bhoy Kouassi Eboue's arrival at Celtic could signal the end for Hoops midfielder Nir Bitton with Fulham in the hunt for his signature
EXCLUSIVE
BY DAVID FRIEL  4th January 2017, 10:12 pm

KOUASSI EBOUE'S arrival at Celtic is set to signal the END of Nir Bitton's Hoops career.

SunSport understands the Israeli midfielder could even be offloaded this month.

Fulham are one of several English clubs monitoring Bitton's situation and Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers could even agree to a £2million sale in the next few weeks as he shakes up his midfield options.

Bitton, 25, has started just one game since October 23 after falling down the pecking order.

Stuart Armstrong's emergence next to skipper Scott Brown has limited his chances.

Bitton was also overlooked for Callum McGregor in Saturday's Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

Eboue's signing is another blow to the Israeli international's hopes of regaining his place — with the Ivorian earmarked for a central role.

And Rodgers also hopes to add ANOTHER midfielder to his squad before the end of the transfer window.

Bitton will not be content to sit on the bench long-term and is likely to be open to a move.

The 19-times capped midfielder has got no shortage of admirers down south, including Fulham.

Craven Cottage gaffer Slavisa Jokanovic watched the midfielder when scouting Stefan Johansen ahead of his £2m move from Celtic last summer.

Bitton is also close friends with the Norwegian midfielder and the prospect of reuniting in London is likely to appeal.

I would love Nir Bitton but I don't know who'd drop out of the midfield.

Whomever he turns out being better than. Simple. And, if he's not better, then he's quality depth.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

dhowells21

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 05, 2017, 12:56:41 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 05, 2017, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on January 05, 2017, 07:47:55 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/388059/new-hoops-star-kouassi-eboues-arrival-at-celtic-could-signal-the-end-for-hoops-midfielder-nir-bitton-with-fulham-in-the-hunt-for-his-signature/

COMINGS AND GOINGS New Bhoy Kouassi Eboue's arrival at Celtic could signal the end for Hoops midfielder Nir Bitton with Fulham in the hunt for his signature
EXCLUSIVE
BY DAVID FRIEL  4th January 2017, 10:12 pm

KOUASSI EBOUE'S arrival at Celtic is set to signal the END of Nir Bitton's Hoops career.

SunSport understands the Israeli midfielder could even be offloaded this month.

Fulham are one of several English clubs monitoring Bitton's situation and Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers could even agree to a £2million sale in the next few weeks as he shakes up his midfield options.

Bitton, 25, has started just one game since October 23 after falling down the pecking order.

Stuart Armstrong's emergence next to skipper Scott Brown has limited his chances.

Bitton was also overlooked for Callum McGregor in Saturday's Old Firm clash at Ibrox.

Eboue's signing is another blow to the Israeli international's hopes of regaining his place — with the Ivorian earmarked for a central role.

And Rodgers also hopes to add ANOTHER midfielder to his squad before the end of the transfer window.

Bitton will not be content to sit on the bench long-term and is likely to be open to a move.

The 19-times capped midfielder has got no shortage of admirers down south, including Fulham.

Craven Cottage gaffer Slavisa Jokanovic watched the midfielder when scouting Stefan Johansen ahead of his £2m move from Celtic last summer.

Bitton is also close friends with the Norwegian midfielder and the prospect of reuniting in London is likely to appeal.

I would love Nir Bitton but I don't know who'd drop out of the midfield.

Whomever he turns out being better than. Simple. And, if he's not better, then he's quality depth.

Bit of a moot point mind. Probably the one area of the team where we are actually okay..

MJG

Thanks to Apprentice to the Maestro for the data below.
This is a graph of all the full transfers (No loans or frees) in January 2016 to the championship

Its only one years data so I'm a little reluctant to compare it with Fulham but it shows 36% of transfers in the last week of the window. Compared to Fulhams 10 year record of 71% in the last week.
if anyone wants to look up more years to add to the data feel free to do that and send it to me.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2017, 02:37:01 PM
This is a graph of all the full transfers (No loans or frees) in January 2016 to the championship

Its only one years data so I'm a little reluctant to compare it with Fulham but it shows 36% of transfers in the last week of the window. Compared to Fulhams 10 year record of 71% in the last week.
if anyone wants to look up more years to add to the data feel free to do that and send it to me.

Just a bit of clarification: I did not make it clear to MJG that the data is for all four divisions so that may distort matters somewhat as transfers for players going down a level or more would be easier to complete I suspect.

Also by leaving out loans it cleans up cases like Kavanagh going down levels to Hartlepool this window but also excludes key loans like Madl to us last January.

I believe that the 71% in the last week is a consequence of being in the PL and one of the smaller clubs there. The top clubs are more attractive to players including the wages offered and their bids can meet the seller's market value so their transfers are not as complex to complete.

If someone has the patience to really clean up the data and cover several seasons then high praise to them.

mkras99

EFL Transfer News ‏@champscout  8m8 minutes ago
Fulham are exploring the possibility of signing Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty and Crystal Palace striker Frazier Campbell.

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 05, 2017, 03:24:24 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2017, 02:37:01 PM

Just a bit of clarification: I did not make it clear to MJG that the data is for all four divisions so that may distort matters somewhat as transfers for players going down a level or more would be easier to complete I suspect.

Also by leaving out loans it cleans up cases like Kavanagh going down levels to Hartlepool this window but also excludes key loans like Madl to us last January.

I believe that the 71% in the last week is a consequence of being in the PL and one of the smaller clubs there. The top clubs are more attractive to players including the wages offered and their bids can meet the seller's market value so their transfers are not as complex to complete.

If someone has the patience to really clean up the data and cover several seasons then high praise to them.
Thanks for the clarification and quite right...who wants to do that data?  ;-)

mkras99

Total:NFFC ‏@Total_NFFC  1h1 hour ago
QPR have joined Fulham and Reading in the chase for 29 year old #nffc defender Michael Mancienne. #qpr #readingfc #ffc

mkras99

Dean Jones ‏@DeanJonesBR  3m3 minutes ago
Izzy Brown is likely to join Huddersfield after returning to Chelsea from a loan spell at Rotherham

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: mkras99 on January 05, 2017, 03:37:08 PM
EFL Transfer News ‏@champscout  8m8 minutes ago
Fulham are exploring the possibility of signing Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty and Crystal Palace striker Frazier Campbell.

No thanks.

mkras99

FootballLeagueWorld ‏@FLeagueWorld  15m15 minutes ago
BREAKING: Izzy Brown is likely to join Huddersfield after returning to Chelsea from a loan spell at Rotherham. #HTAFC #RUFC #CFC

f321ffc

Transfer Centre Live‏ @TransferCentreL
Celtic have rejected a £20m bid from West Ham for 20-year-old striker Moussa Dembélé.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Keynsham

Thanks to MJG and ATTM for the stats, the are always genuinely interesting.

Lighthouse

So much on here that has sod all to do with actual transfer speculation so sorry if this has been mentioned before but latest rubbish from EPL Transfer news is that Fulham are exploring the possibility of signing Kyle Lafferty from Norwich and Frazier Cambell from Palace.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

f321ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 05, 2017, 04:32:38 PM
So much on here that has sod all to do with actual transfer speculation so sorry if this has been mentioned before but latest rubbish from EPL Transfer news is that Fulham are exploring the possibility of signing Kyle Lafferty from Norwich and Frazier Cambell from Palace.
Yes it has been mentioned, in fact it's on this page  4 posts up, maybe that's why it's called the silly transfer thread.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 05, 2017, 04:32:38 PM
Please stop posting messages WITHOUT a graph!  We like pretty things to look at :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

copthornemike

Out of interest if a club receive a bid for a permanent transfer of a player they have sent out for a season long loan can that player be sold on, e.g. young Tammy Abraham who is 'owned' by Chelsea and has done rather well in his loan to Bristol City

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on January 05, 2017, 05:07:13 PM
So finally we have unequivocal, statistical proof that we are bloody slow at doing transfer business. There you go. Now please send this to Khan so he sacks Kline and The little Scottish accountant before they ruin another season

We now understand that it is your life's work to damn everything to do with our club: Khan over the redevelopment, the CEO, our transfers and most recently our support which you seem to think should get drunk and be abusive and not behave as a collection of Delia Smiths.

And what does Statto stand for? It certainly does not stand for statistician because you would not leap to your prejudiced conclusion.

The statistics for the four divisions show that most transfers occur on the last day. Everybody knows that. Fulham are just like every other club in that.

I started to try to gather the statistics just for the Championship but I was making mistakes trying to take into account promotions and relegations. One thing was clear though is that the proportion of early transfers drops if you eliminate the lower division clubs making even more transfers occur late in the window.

And another factor is that the quality of the players involved generally rises as the window progresses.

Try this thought experiment: Say we got an offer for Cairney today that met our valuation. Would you expect us to sell him today? Or would you expect us to look around for a replacement and to wait to see if an even better offer came in? You seem to expect other clubs to sell to us immediately. I suggest that they are not quite that stupid. And that if you thought about it for a couple of seconds that even you may come to realise that is the reality.

Or if still convinced of your view then you can do the stats for the last ten years of PL and Championship transfers and prove that the club fairs significantly worse than its rivals.

Woolly Mammoth

The only stats I am concerned with is 36 24 36.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 05, 2017, 05:57:06 PM
The only stats I am concerned with is 36 24 36.

Rather an odd shape for a Woolly Mammoth?
I would have thought more 36 58 36?