watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

So Fulham are going to suck up the loan fee for Martin to keep from helping Derby, a league rival, but, we're somehow willing to sell our best player (and on-field or vice-captain) to other league rivals??? Know that Newcastle and Brighton are pretty much long gone but, why shoot ourselves in the foot just as we are getting up and running. Just can't see it happening for any amount this season.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

15m
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Aston Villa, Fulham and Derby County are interested in signing Middlesbrough midfielder Stewart Downing. #avfc #ffc...
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

We are getting mentioned with everyone
who is available now...lol

simplyfulham

Quote from: @jolslover on January 09, 2017, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 09, 2017, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 09, 2017, 10:21:36 AM
Just seen on twitter from a Chelsea covering journalist

Chelsea loanee, Lucas Piazon will be making his move to Fulham a permanent one soon. Fee reported to be around £4m.
Personally think that's a bit high for him and what he offers.

I'm a big fan of him and I think realistically we were never going to get him for below this price especially given the fact hes still only 22! Hes younger than Woodrow. Definitely a deal we could make profit on

Piazon is the older one of the two.

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 09, 2017, 01:28:29 PM
So Fulham are going to suck up the loan fee for Martin to keep from helping Derby, a league rival, but, we're somehow willing to sell our best player (and on-field or vice-captain) to other league rivals??? Know that Newcastle and Brighton are pretty much long gone but, why shoot ourselves in the foot just as we are getting up and running. Just can't see it happening for any amount this season.

To be fair Fulham have said nothing about Cairney.

The £10M figure which appeared in West London press by Paul Warburton was just made up by him and his article was pretty much ripped to shreds on twitter as just being fluff

Mince n Tatties

Birmingham mail, Villa want to swop Ross for Brady at Norwich.
Weren't Norwich after him before?

Roberty

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2017, 02:58:08 PM
Birmingham mail, Villa want to swop Ross for Brady at Norwich.
Weren't Norwich after him before?

For all the good he's been to them, I'm sure they would swoop him for a half decent tea-lady

Having seen the out come at Villa I doubt Norwich will bite - for all of the goals he's scored Ross has never played for a winning team
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on January 09, 2017, 02:29:13 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 09, 2017, 01:28:29 PM

To be fair Fulham have said nothing about Cairney.

The £10M figure which appeared in West London press by Paul Warburton was just made up by him and his article was pretty much ripped to shreds on twitter as just being fluff

Hadn't read the Warburton piece. Just seen it in todays list of Fulham articles ( I think ). Was more or less commenting on the ridiculousness of it.

This season, I couldn't see us selling him for anything less than "stupid money" and certainly not within this league.

And, I believe he'll be in the PL soon enough if Fulham will just sign Slavisa long term which I'm sure they are working toward.

Thanks for the clarification though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Asotosyios

BOGLE BID REJECTED

Sky sources understand Rotherham have had an offer of £850k rejected by Grimsby for Omar Bogle.

The striker is the leading scorer in EFL League Two, and is also being watched by a number of other Championship clubs, including Brentford, who view him as a potential replacement for Scott Hogan.

grandad

Do a swap with Grimsby We take Bogle & they can have Woodrow.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Brentford look to have accepted Spams 12 million bid for Hogan.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: grandad on January 09, 2017, 05:01:12 PM
Do a swap with Grimsby We take Bogle & they can have Woodrow.
Better still, swap him for Chris Martin!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

f321ffc

DONE DEAL: Derby County have signed striker David Nugent from Middlesbrough for a fee worth in excess of £2.5m.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

dhowells21

Quote from: f321ffc on January 09, 2017, 05:51:25 PM
DONE DEAL: Derby County have signed striker David Nugent from Middlesbrough for a fee worth in excess of £2.5m.

What does this mean for Chris Martin then? No longer wanted at Derby or here now?

ffc73

Martin plays for us again. Starting Saturday. He is on fire for the rest of the season, setting up & scoring goals for fun. Including the playoff winner at Wembley. We get promoted & send Martin back to Derby at the end of his loan

Well it could work..

westcliff white

Quote from: dhowells21 on January 09, 2017, 05:59:44 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on January 09, 2017, 05:51:25 PM

What does this mean for Chris Martin then? No longer wanted at Derby or here now?
SJ wants him said in early December the one bit of business we need to do is sign Chris Martin, I cant see why that would have changed as he scored a few in December as well. So for me the rumours we don't want him are wide of the mark.

Issue is now will he be able to come back into the fold, do the players want him back in the fold, sadly us fans wont be given a consideration on this matter if he does stay
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Derby Telegraph saying the clubs are in discussion over Martin.
He is going back IMO,can't see how he can play for us again,and deep down I think Slava knows also.

Allestree andy

David Nugent: Middlesbrough striker joins Derby County for reported £2.5m.

Well it seems that the wally with the brolly has managed to destablise us with his martin interest and has now signed nugent. I wonder hoiw martin feels now.
dont let him back in S.J
To the limit and beyond