more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Allestree andy on January 09, 2017, 06:36:26 PM
David Nugent: Middlesbrough striker joins Derby County for reported £2.5m.

Well it seems that the wally with the brolly has managed to destablise us with his martin interest and has now signed nugent. I wonder hoiw martin feels now.
dont let him back in S.J
Whilst I would agree, what happens if we cannot find someone to come in or if they do and don't score? we don't have a lot in reserve
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 06:39:58 PM

Well it seems that the wally with the brolly has managed to destablise us with his martin interest and has now signed nugent. I wonder hoiw martin feels now.
dont let him back in S.J
Whilst I would agree, what happens if we cannot find someone to come in or if they do and don't score? we don't have a lot in reserve
We live and learn. And the lesson is, if you lose your main two strikers, don't just get one last minute panic loan to cover them
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2017, 06:48:55 PM

dont let him back in S.J
We live and learn. And the lesson is, if you lose your main two strikers, don't just get one last minute panic loan to cover them
He wasn't a panic as I have said before Ben, we wanted earlier but Derby, well Pearson, insisted on getting replacements in first, they signed Vydra but not the other, but allowed the deal to happen but far to late for a permanent deal. Hence the 2.5 loan fee and balance of 6.5 if we wish to make it permanent.

However I agree we live and learn and think FFC will take a lesson and not be held to ransom again so long in a window, and Martin will probably learn a lesson too

bill taylors apprentice

Whatever we might think of Martin and how things got to this point, now Nugents signed for Derby WTF does Martin do now ?

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 09, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
Whatever we might think of Martin and how things got to this point, now Nugents signed for Derby WTF does Martin do now ?
very good question, which is why I said will the players take him back, will the club allow it, all will be known in the next week to ten days I reckon

mkras99

http://www.spox.com/at/sport/fussball/oesterreich/1701/Artikel/larry-kayode-franz-wohlfahrt-fk-austria-wien-transfer-geruecht-espanyol-fulham.html

Austria striker Larry Kayode has put himself in the spotlight with his performances in the Europa League. "There are conversations," confirmed sporting director Franz Wohlfahrt late December several offers. According SPOX -Information it should be at the prospects not only to Turkish football, but also to Espanyol and Fulham act.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 08:37:09 PM
very good question, which is why I said will the players take him back, will the club allow it, all will be known in the next week to ten days I reckon
How could Fulham ever trust that Martin would give 100% for the rest of the season. Especially as Derby are also trying for one of those play off spots. We already know he is not professional so we could never take the risk of playing him

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 06:54:10 PM

dont let him back in S.J
He wasn't a panic as I have said before Ben, we wanted earlier but Derby, well Pearson, insisted on getting replacements in first, they signed Vydra but not the other, but allowed the deal to happen but far to late for a permanent deal. Hence the 2.5 loan fee and balance of 6.5 if we wish to make it permanent.

However I agree we live and learn and think FFC will take a lesson and not be held to ransom again so long in a window, and Martin will probably learn a lesson too

hence the last minute panic loan

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2017, 08:44:12 PM
How could Fulham ever trust that Martin would give 100% for the rest of the season. Especially as Derby are also trying for one of those play off spots. We already know he is not professional so we could never take the risk of playing him
agree with you, but if we sign someone they don't score or get injured, we could just be left with Smith and Humphrys who is still finding his way. We may have no option, SJ has said he wants one striker this window and that was after the martin thing kicked off

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2017, 08:45:06 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 06:54:10 PM

dont let him back in S.J

hence the last minute panic loan
for me it isn't a panic if you have been trailing him all window and have agreed everything, the loan was just because Derby left it so late. if they had not we would not be in the situation we are now with Martin

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 08:47:02 PM
agree with you, but if we sign someone they don't score or get injured, we could just be left with Smith and Humphrys who is still finding his way. We may have no option, SJ has said he wants one striker this window and that was after the martin thing kicked off
then we play humphrys Smith or play without a striker again. No striker is better than one who might have an agenda

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 09, 2017, 08:49:23 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 09, 2017, 08:47:02 PM
then we play humphrys Smith or play without a striker again. No striker is better than one who might have an agenda
could cost us a play off spot.

personally for me when he see's he has no option, if that's what happens as in he stays past the end of Jan, he will realise having an agenda is of no use to him and will score goals.

but I agree with your sentiments 100%

Neil D

Maybe SJ's strategy was to play hard-ball over Martin and unsettle McClaren / Derby.  They couldn't be sure SJ wouldn't block Martin's move (even if it meant not having him play for us again).  So, they have had to buy a forward which means the way is open to Martin staying and prostrating himself in abject apology to get his place back...

Fulham Tup North

Of course, we could have done a deal with Derby last window, signed him for £9m, he then decided he wanted out and no-one wants him! At least we are not £9m out of pocket!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

@jolslover

I'm annoyed about this. Derby buying Nugent seems like it means we are stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here.. We should have sent him back to Derby.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 09, 2017, 09:12:51 PM
I'm annoyed about this. Derby buying Nugent seems like it means we are stuck with a player that doesn't want to be here.. We should have sent him back to Derby.

There is going to be a twist in this tale,as I said earlier Derby Telegraph says clubs still talking.
He going back IMO..

BestOfBrede

What's Fartin Martin got to do with the silly transfer thread? The whole of the thread has been lost due to this one a hole!

Hoppus

Quote from: @jolslover on January 09, 2017, 09:12:51 PM

Do they need Vydra when they sign Nugent?
An agreement with Vydra and Martin had been perfect

Mince n Tatties

Talksport..Ross to Norwich in exchange for Brady is off as Norwich wanted cash + Ross.
This they say could mean the door is open for Ross to rejoin Fulham.

grandad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2017, 09:32:00 PM
Talksport..Ross to Norwich in exchange for Brady is off as Norwich wanted cash + Ross.
This they say could mean the door is open for Ross to rejoin Fulham.
No,no,no. He does not fit our current playing style & formation. Why should SJ change things just to suit McCormack.
Where there's a will there's a wife