more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 10, 2017, 12:47:37 PM
Ross McCormack bookies favourite to sign for.........Brentford.
what odds have they got us at
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 10, 2017, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 10, 2017, 12:47:37 PM
Ross McCormack bookies favourite to sign for.........Brentford.
what odds have they got us at
presuming it's all down to them losing hogan. Bees fans will be gutted with that down grade. GOOD
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Who is the player in Cowdenbeath's reserves..lol

He is Jock the Kipper, a well known local fisherman, and distant relative to Whitechapels Jack The Ripper.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 12:43:45 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 12:31:37 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 12:27:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2017, 12:16:30 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 12:18:24 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 12:03:12 AM
Would definitely have Kayode
I've got to ask, as I'd never even heard of him till now, have you seen him play?

He has electric pace, when I say that, it's real genuine pace, and he would be a good addition.

Also got good passing ability which would work with our style of play
so it's decided then, he is the player we will all pin our hopes on, of which we willl miss out on him for the sake of not paying an extra ten grand, only to end up with some crap Scottish player who is a reserve at Cowdenbeath that no one has ever heard of. Right let's close this thread now
S001.gif Ben, it was just a suggestion. And we've got plenty of time left in the window, I trust our management to come up with the goods.
We said that in the summer. Went two months without a striker and ended up with Martin. Your faith is a lot stronger than mine. Especially as rivals are already strengthening.
Look, this is the first season in which I've had any sort of optimism, and I've only been a fan for about four years. How could we have known Martin was gonna throw a fit? How do we know that the various strikers that are and were on offer are not having ridiculous price tags on them? For example Kodjia for 15m which is a joke. I agree we should be showing  ambition in the market but that doesn't mean going full out Chinese Super League when buying players. We already had an FFP last season, and the parachute payments are ending. Do we really want to be plunged into financial trouble? Take the fools down the road at the bush, throwing a lot of money doesn't always get you where you want to be long term. Sure, they got promoted, but then what? Immediate relegation and becoming the whipping boys of the championship, resorting to asset stripping which Fernandes is doing as we speak to their squad. Look at the  Prem teams that were promoted relatively recently like Bournemouth Watford and West Brom who are now somewhat established. Did they splash the cash in the championship, or did they spend a few years building their squads, spending wisely on players who have developed since? We all want to be back in the Prem but if we want to stay there we have to be patient. And I myself was happy with our Summer window in general.

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 12:58:51 PM
I've got to ask, as I'd never even heard of him till now, have you seen him play?

He has electric pace, when I say that, it's real genuine pace, and he would be a good addition.

so it's decided then, he is the player we will all pin our hopes on, of which we willl miss out on him for the sake of not paying an extra ten grand, only to end up with some crap Scottish player who is a reserve at Cowdenbeath that no one has ever heard of. Right let's close this thread now
S001.gif Ben, it was just a suggestion. And we've got plenty of time left in the window, I trust our management to come up with the goods.
We said that in the summer. Went two months without a striker and ended up with Martin. Your faith is a lot stronger than mine. Especially as rivals are already strengthening.
Look, this is the first season in which I've had any sort of optimism, and I've only been a fan for about four years. How could we have known Martin was gonna throw a fit? How do we know that the various strikers that are and were on offer are not having ridiculous price tags on them? For example Kodjia for 15m which is a joke. I agree we should be showing  ambition in the market but that doesn't mean going full out Chinese Super League when buying players. We already had an FFP last season, and the parachute payments are ending. Do we really want to be plunged into financial trouble? Take the fools down the road at the bush, throwing a lot of money doesn't always get you where you want to be long term. Sure, they got promoted, but then what? Immediate relegation and becoming the whipping boys of the championship, resorting to asset stripping which Fernandes is doing as we speak to their squad. Look at the  Prem teams that were promoted relatively recently like Bournemouth Watford and West Brom who are now somewhat established. Did they splash the cash in the championship, or did they spend a few years building their squads, spending wisely on players who have developed since? We all want to be back in the Prem but if we want to stay there we have to be patient. And I myself was happy with our Summer window in general.
not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you are saying you are fine that for 6 and a half weeks of this season that a strike force of Smith Woodrow and Humphrys is exceptable? And that you are happy to go with those 3 till the end of the season? We know we had money to buy Martin so surely that money, minus loan fee is still there. Either we are going for play offs this season or we are not. If we are then we need a striker now, not on the 31st. Look how long it took Martin to get up to speed, the later we leave it the more points we will inevitably drop.  And yes this is last season of parachute payments, which means if we fail to reach top 6 this season, we will probably lose some of our best talent again in the summer.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 01:07:46 PM

not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you are saying you are fine that for 6 and a half weeks of this season that a strike force of Smith Woodrow and Humphrys is exceptable? And that you are happy to go with those 3 till the end of the season? We know we had money to buy Martin so surely that money, minus loan fee is still there. Either we are going for play offs this season or we are not. If we are then we need a striker now, not on the 31st. Look how long it took Martin to get up to speed, the later we leave it the more points we will inevitably drop.  And yes this is last season of parachute payments, which means if we fail to reach top 6 this season, we will probably lose some of our best talent again in the summer.

Question for you: Were you expecting us to have signed a striker by now?

westcliff white

Tend to agree Ben we need the Martin issue resolved ASAP, and a striker bought in with that 6.5million or so as soon as, so we can move on.
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 01:13:20 PM

well we knew well before Xmas that he was off. And Derby only found out a week ago that they wouldn't get h back, and they have managed to sign a striker since then, so yes, for a club who's ambition is to reach play offs, I'd I've thought they would have got things done early. If we lose next couple of games, then we might Aswell save money for the summer, we will need it to try and replace kalas cairney and probably Johanssen too. Not to mention a bigger kitty will help attract a decent manager as I'd imagine slavisa would be off too.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 01:20:17 PM

well we knew well before Xmas that he was off. And Derby only found out a week ago that they wouldn't get h back, and they have managed to sign a striker since then, so yes, for a club who's ambition is to reach play offs, I'd I've thought they would have got things done early. If we lose next couple of games, then we might Aswell save money for the summer, we will need it to try and replace kalas cairney and probably Johanssen too. Not to mention a bigger kitty will help attract a decent manager as I'd imagine slavisa would be off too.

Did we know that Martin wanted to leave at xmas? It was the reading game that he threw a fit and he played on boxing day, scoring, and looking pretty happy. And why are you being so negative regarding the summer? Why is it a given Cairney and Johansen will leave? How have you come to the conclusion that Slav wants to leave? We're working on a new contract, and he wants to stay. January business is 80% in the last week of the window, clubs more likely to sell. And, out of curiosity, who would you want us to sign?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2017, 12:55:53 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2017, 12:40:41 PM
Who is the player in Cowdenbeath's reserves..lol

lol

He is Jock the Kipper, a well known local fisherman, and distant relative to Whitechapels Jack The Ripper.

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 01:25:04 PM

Did we know that Martin wanted to leave at xmas? It was the reading game that he threw a fit and he played on boxing day, scoring, and looking pretty happy. And why are you being so negative regarding the summer? Why is it a given Cairney and Johansen will leave? How have you come to the conclusion that Slav wants to leave? We're working on a new contract, and he wants to stay. January business is 80% in the last week of the window, clubs more likely to sell. And, out of curiosity, who would you want us to sign?
the summer window was good apart from the striker situation. And yes the late deal for Martin cost us badly in the summer as the September results showed us. And when I broke the news a day before the papers even got hold of it that Martin wanted out, did you think I was making it up or that even now there wasn't any truth in it? The club knew well before Xmas, as even I knew before Xmas day. And I haven't given up on promotion this season, hence the need to get a striker now, not later. And 80% is done later on, good let's be one of the 20% as we are probably the most desperate to fill a spot for our first 11. And do you really think we can hold on to our best if we finish mid table this season? We haven't in recent seasons, so why when our income would be considerably lower, do you think we will suddenly change from being a selling team to a buying one. And as for slavisa, he will have many a suitor come the summer, that's the price we will pay for our relative success this season. Let's hope he signs, but I'm not holding my breath. He would want huge assurances in my opinion, ones that I doubt Khan would follow through with.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

the summer window was good apart from the striker situation. And yes the late deal for Martin cost us badly in the summer as the September results showed us. And when I broke the news a day before the papers even got hold of it that Martin wanted out, did you think I was making it up or that even now there wasn't any truth in it? The club knew well before Xmas, as even I knew before Xmas day. And I haven't given up on promotion this season, hence the need to get a striker now, not later. And 80% is done later on, good let's be one of the 20% as we are probably the most desperate to fill a spot for our first 11. And do you really think we can hold on to our best if we finish mid table this season? We haven't in recent seasons, so why when our income would be considerably lower, do you think we will suddenly change from being a selling team to a buying one. And as for slavisa, he will have many a suitor come the summer, that's the price we will pay for our relative success this season. Let's hope he signs, but I'm not holding my breath. He would want huge assurances in my opinion, ones that I doubt Khan would follow through with.
I think the situation regarding Martin was merely speculation at xmas. It may have been true, but it's not like the club can read his mind over the situation. As for this window, we know we're going to at the very least extend Piazon's loan because he said so, and that Slavisa has promised we would make signings. Let's save our moaning until once the window is closed so we have actual facts instead of guessing what will happen. We can't do anything about it, we are but mere supporters, we can't waltz in to Khan's office and demand that he pay 20 million to sign Rhodes or someone. All we can do is put our trust in the club which I'll do until it visibly lets me down.

Woolly Mammoth

The longer we stay in this Division the more likely we will lose our better players. It's imperative we go for a top six place now whatever it takes, as well if course the obvious financial rewards. The football we are playing deserves to be up there and we must seize the opportunity to grab a top six place, and ensure we have a reinforced squad for the remainder of the season.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 01:39:29 PM

I think the situation regarding Martin was merely speculation at xmas. It may have been true, but it's not like the club can read his mind over the situation. As for this window, we know we're going to at the very least extend Piazon's loan because he said so, and that Slavisa has promised we would make signings. Let's save our moaning until once the window is closed so we have actual facts instead of guessing what will happen. We can't do anything about it, we are but mere supporters, we can't waltz in to Khan's office and demand that he pay 20 million to sign Rhodes or someone. All we can do is put our trust in the club which I'll do until it visibly lets me down.
read his mind? He told them Derby offered him new contract and he wanted to leave. Granted they couldn't have known he was going on strike, but according to Rigg he was 100% returning to Derby in this window.

AlexW132

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2017, 02:00:33 PM
The longer we stay in this Division the more likely we will lose our better players. It's imperative we go for a top six place now whatever it takes, as well if course the obvious financial rewards. The football we are playing deserves to be up there and we must seize the opportunity to grab a top six place, and ensure we have a reinforced squad for the remainder of the season.

Even if we get 3-6th it's not a given we'll go up. We have a 25% chance effectively

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 10, 2017, 02:04:50 PM

Even if we get 3-6th it's not a given we'll go up. We have a 25% chance effectively
indeed it is, but it also shows ambition to the manager and players. Finishing mid table does not.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on January 10, 2017, 02:07:44 PM

indeed it is, but it also shows ambition to the manager and players. Finishing mid table does not.
Fair enough

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly but it's a better chance than finishing 7th or below with the also rans. We have to have ambition, treading water means you are leaving yourself open to being overtaken. These days time is of the essence, money talks, and everyone has a price. Clubs with more money because they are where they are are in a position to offer our players and our manager financial rewards for joining them. It's survival of the fittest. It's Dog eat Dog, and I don't want to be eaten up.

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Sadly, I don't think TF is asset stripping. Whatever I think about Ian Holloway as a coach, I do think he will get rid of the rot that has happened there. I think that is what he is doing and will almost certainly bring hungrier players in, which is playing to his strengths.