more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Fulham supporting friend of mine living in Glasgow is telling me:  -

Papers up here this morning confirm that Celtic have given us permission to speak to Nir Bitton about a move. He is a classy player, tall and quite elegant on the ball but also a bit languid and I've always thought there's a bit of the Ruiz aboiut him. He would definitely fit in with our style of play but might have to toughen up a bit. I think a target man is a more pressing need.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: FFC73 on January 11, 2017, 09:59:00 AM

Papers up here this morning confirm that Celtic have given us permission to speak to Nir Bitton about a move. He is a classy player, tall and quite elegant on the ball but also a bit languid and I've always thought there's a bit of the Ruiz aboiut him. He would definitely fit in with our style of play but might have to toughen up a bit. I think a target man is a more pressing need.

Massively excited about this one. You only have to watch the first 10 seconds of his YouTube highlights to see his class. Seems like another Johansen situ where he lost a bit of form and can't get in Rogers team. Linked with a 10m move to Arsenal only a year ago. Not a position we are crying out for but adds quality no doubt and could be great in a Slav team. Striker and CB are the ones we need fixing yesterday!
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

AlexW132

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 11, 2017, 10:22:27 AM

Massively excited about this one. You only have to watch the first 10 seconds of his YouTube highlights to see his class. Seems like another Johansen situ where he lost a bit of form and can't get in Rogers team. Linked with a 10m move to Arsenal only a year ago. Not a position we are crying out for but adds quality no doubt and could be great in a Slav team. Striker and CB are the ones we need fixing yesterday!

Would take Bitton in a heartbeat, heard he has an attitude problem though

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 11, 2017, 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on January 11, 2017, 10:22:27 AM

Would take Bitton in a heartbeat, heard he has an attitude problem though

Didnt SJ say the other day that he wanted a striker and defender in this window?
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Derby interested in Ince, from Sky Sports online transfer live thingy

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on January 11, 2017, 11:10:16 AM
Tom Ince? Thought he was already their player.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MJG

Quote from: f321ffc on January 11, 2017, 11:16:52 AM
hes been linked with Newcastle...but then again who hasn't?

cmg

Sure he is...but they're keen on tapping up their own players.

westcliff white

Sorry I meant to type Derby's Tom Ince linked with Newcastle , from Sky Sports online transfer live thingy

f321ffc

Transfer Centre 9‏ @TransferCentre9
Southend United have enquired about the possible signing of Fulham forward Matt Smith #sufc #ffc
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Jem

Quote from: cmg on January 11, 2017, 11:25:21 AM

Sure he is...but they're keen on tapping up their own players.
Nice one!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

AnEssexFan

Not sure I'm keen on the move for Bitton. He won't leave celtic to come and sit on our bench, so who do we drop put of McDonald, Cairney or Johansen? Or, more worryingly, is one of those three leaving and Bitton being used to replace them?
@leightonrw07

fulhamben

Quote from: f321ffc on January 11, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
Southend United have enquired about the possible signing of Fulham forward Matt Smith #sufc #ffc
I'll get my car ready
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on January 11, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
My local club Southend, interesting as they have Nile Ranger, perhaps they are not convinced he will avoid a prison term in his current court case.

FPT

Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 11, 2017, 11:53:50 AM
Not sure I'm keen on the move for Bitton. He won't leave celtic to come and sit on our bench, so who do we drop put of McDonald, Cairney or Johansen? Or, more worryingly, is one of those three leaving and Bitton being used to replace them?

We can not have just a starting eleven in this division. Competition is a good thing, and in my opinion, Bitton is a better player than Kevin McDonald.

If Kevin McDonald gets injured, our game is vastly damaged seeing as he's the main link between defence and midfield in possession; Scott Parker simply can not do that job to close to the same standard.

Bitton's size is something we don't have in midfield; he's 6ft 5 but with the same technical ability as everyone else. How great would that be for the last 15-20 minutes in games when the majority of Championship sides go a little more direct? He's athletic too, my biggest gripe with McDonald is his inability to move either quickly or smoothly - he's very 'counter-ble.'

The majority of teams at the top of the table have strength in depth - this would simply be improving ours which is absolutely 100% something we need to do.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't keep up to date with football or footballers as much as I used to so I'd never heard of him until now.

Looked him up on you tube and in his early Israeli club stuff he looked a bit gangley and awkward but in recent Celtic coverage he's beefed up and looks fitter and stronger.

Just from youtube he looks classy, likes a 25 yarder and is good with his head, Oh! and he can take a penalty !
On what Iv'e seen he looks like an asset worth having.

BedsFFC

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on January 11, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

I don't keep up to date with football or footballers as much as I used to so I'd never heard of him until now.

Looked him up on you tube and in his early Israeli club stuff he looked a bit gangley and awkward but in recent Celtic coverage he's beefed up and looks fitter and stronger.

Just from youtube he looks classy, likes a 25 yarder and is good with his head, Oh! and he can take a penalty !
On what Iv'e seen he looks like an asset worth having.

Quick look on the celtic boards and what is quite interesting is the comments about him look really similar to what I read about Johansson. Was highly rated but gone off boil and they seem to want rid

FulhamStu

McDonald is critical to the way we play and if injured or suspended we would be in trouble, this is not healthy.  Plus Bitten and McDonald infront of a back 4 would be helpful to close out a game when leading, e.g. Brighton at home.  Johansen and Cairney with the 3 degrees allow more options in front especially once we sign our 2 super strikers.  The 3 at the back formation deployed at Cardiff also gives more options.  You could have easily said we don't need 4 central defenders, however without them all so far this season we would have had real problems.

AnEssexFan

I wasn't saying we don't need strength in depth, I understand that all good clubs need that, including having 4 centrebacks.

What I was saying is, would a player from celtic who's looking for 1st team football be willing to come and sit on our bench? I don't think he would. Therefore, if we sign him it means someone being dropped, unless someone is being sold, and this is why I am concerned about this story.

I may be proven wrong, and Bitton may be willing to come and be 4th choice midfielder at fulham in which case that's great as it improves our squad, but I would think he'll be after a starting place at wherever he goes.

Personally I'm hoping for a centre forward to be brought in ASAP.
@leightonrw07

dhowells21

Hopefully means that we've found someone to pick up Jozabed?

Nothing against him, just hasn't worked out. Better to have someone playing..