The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Hibs fans plead with Cummings,don't go to Qpr there nothing...lol

Twig

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 12, 2017, 08:08:33 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on January 12, 2017, 02:31:46 PM
sam winnall looks like he's signed for sheff weds for 500k. Can't help but think that's a missed opportunity for that kind of money. 11 goals this season as well.
Deffo a missed opportunity.
I have been suggesting him as target for us for months.
At least he didn't go to Brentford as as muted earlier in the week.
Looks like he favours the north.

Not a missed oppportunity in any way.  Wages too high and wouldn't necessarily fit.   Move on guys and look further afield.

Asotosyios

Leeds fight Fulham for £7 million Premier League forward

Leeds United are said to be one of a number of Championship clubs interested in Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban, according to The Mirror.

The 29-year-old is said to be looking for a move away from the Vitality Stadium this month after finding his first-team opportunities limited since rejoining from Norwich City in January 2016, with Fulham and Brighton & Hove Albion also in the running for his signature.

Having appeared from the bench in the Cherries' opening three Premier League games of the season, Grabban has failed to make a matchday squad in the league since, with his only goal of the campaign coming in the League Cup defeat to Preston North End in September.

The £7 million-rated forward was part of a much-changed line-up that was demolished 3-0 by League One Millwall in the FA Cup last weekend, after which manager Eddie Howe criticised the players who had come in for what was a desperately poor performance.

Despite his lack of game time, Grabban has a good record in England's second-tier and would be viewed as a low-risk acquisition at that level.

His 22 Championship goals for Bournemouth in 2013-14 earned him a move to Norwich City, for whom he bagged 12 in 36 appearances the following season.

Although he has struggled to make the leap to the Premier League, sides with promotion aspirations may well take a punt on the English-born Jamaican and a club such as Leeds, who are seeking extra goals to support top-scorer Chris Wood, could be a perfect fit.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/leeds-fight-fulham-for-7-million-premier-league-forward/

Lighthouse

Quote from: @jolslover on January 12, 2017, 04:55:04 PM
Jozabed seen at Stansted airport. Going back to Spain I presume

To Celta Vigo on 18th month loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

kempkong

Villa can piss off. I would accept Newcastle or a prem team but villa have no more chance of getting promoted than us. Surely villa will be hit by an embargo for their spending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: kempkong on January 13, 2017, 07:02:38 AM
Villa can piss off. I would accept Newcastle or a prem team but villa have no more chance of getting promoted than us. Surely villa will be hit by an embargo for their spending?

Because they have just come down, their parachute payments are huge
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

kempkong

Then how did it hit us in the first year? Villa haven't even sold like Newcastle have to allow for the spending. The sooner they get rid of ffp the better. It's just hurting clubs more than stopping overspending. (85 million on pogba for example)

westcliff white

Quote from: kempkong on January 13, 2017, 07:44:43 AM
Then how did it hit us in the first year? Villa haven't even sold like Newcastle have to allow for the spending. The sooner they get rid of ffp the better. It's just hurting clubs more than stopping overspending. (85 million on pogba for example)

I don't think we were hit for the first year. As for Man Utd they generate so much income that they are never going to be in trouble. Apparently the could spend 500 million thus summer and still be under. Incredible really but they are global like Madrid and Barca etc
Every day is a Fulham day

BedsFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2017, 06:46:09 AM
Sky....Villa preparing bid for Cairney.

Right, quick, get Giacomo Marshall out of school, give him 3 x £1 coins and get him down to Motspur Park sharpish. Perhaps, encourage him to have a few tears

AlexW132

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 13, 2017, 08:16:41 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2017, 06:46:09 AM
Sky....Villa preparing bid for Cairney.

Right, quick, get Giacomo Marshall out of school, give him 3 x £1 coins and get him down to Motspur Park sharpish. Perhaps, encourage him to have a few tears
And at the same time get Matt Smith to write him a love letter.

f321ffc

Jozabed on a 18 month loan to Celta Vigo 18 months? hope we got a good fee, obviously not in Slavs plans so who's idea was it to sign him?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on January 13, 2017, 08:22:33 AM
Jozabed on a 18 month loan to Celta Vigo 18 months? hope we got a good fee, obviously not in Slavs plans so who's idea was it to sign him?
Apparently he was Slavs signing
Every day is a Fulham day

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Statto on January 13, 2017, 08:21:09 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 08:07:41 AM
Quote from: kempkong on January 13, 2017, 07:44:43 AM

I don't think we were hit for the first year. As for Man Utd they generate so much income that they are never going to be in trouble. Apparently the could spend 500 million thus summer and still be under. Incredible really but they are global like Madrid and Barca etc

We were hit for the first year, 2014/15. But the championship limit was lower then (£8m instead of £13m) and if my understanding is correct, then if Villa have spent less than the premiership limit (£35m) in the preceding season(s) then they can effectively carry over that "credit" under the 3-yr system. Overall I agree through, their spending is ridiculous, so I wouldn't be surprised for it to catch up with them and for them either to get sanctioned eventually (or be forced into a fire sale and penny pinching to comply)
Nah, they'll just do as QPR did and ignore it! Tis only mugs like us they get done!

AlexW132

Jozabed now officially at Celta. Photo on their official twitter.

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 10:23:31 AM
Oh well we all make mistakes.

Football Club‏ @FulhamFC
#FFC can confirm that Jozabed has joined Celta Vigo for the remainder of the season >
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamfan

Least surprising news ever. As soon as I saw him i knew he was never gonna settle.

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 13, 2017, 10:45:09 AM
Jozabed now officially at Celta. Photo on their official twitter.

can anybody enlighten me on what's gone with jozabed? The few times i did see him he looked a bit lightweight but looked good on the ball. Just seems a bit strange. Personal problems?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Bracken White

I believe he purely wasn't good enough, from what I saw of him, sadly. However, very best of luck to him,
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

twang

Quote from: f321ffc on January 13, 2017, 10:47:42 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 10:23:31 AM
Oh well we all make mistakes.

Football Club‏ @FulhamFC
#FFC can confirm that Jozabed has joined Celta Vigo for the remainder of the season >

Also an option to buy for Celta according to their site.