watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mancwhite

Great performance yesterday, whilst folk are raving about Martin,Johansen and Plazzon were fantastic for me.  But a possession based team need a centre forward with more mobility than Martin. Likewise when Barnsley ran at us we looked a bit sort in midfield.Malone and Fredricks going forward are good but at times vulnerable defending. So desperate for another centre forward whether Martin stays or not. Wouldn't mind another Papa Doc in midfield. I think Ruiz would have loved playing in this team
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Mince n Tatties

Tonywa

Quote from: mancwhite on January 15, 2017, 08:17:56 AM
Great performance yesterday, whilst folk are raving about Martin,Johansen and Plazzon were fantastic for me.  But a possession based team need a centre forward with more mobility than Martin. Likewise when Barnsley ran at us we looked a bit sort in midfield.Malone and Fredricks going forward are good but at times vulnerable defending. So desperate for another centre forward whether Martin stays or not. Wouldn't mind another Papa Doc in midfield. I think Ruiz would have loved playing in this team

Totally disagree about Malone.  To me he is decent enough defensively and gets forward well, but his crossing is abysmal. The number of times he got into good positions to cross yesterday only to hit the first man, overhit the cross or mishit it badly.  I feel that if Sessegnon had been in similar positions yesterday we would have likely created several more clearcut chances.  Am I alone here or do others agree?

e4b

Agree Tonywa Thought he was poor first half but did improve in the second and not just because he scored (though it was a cracker)

snarks

I don't think sess is any better at crossing but that's not for this thread. Any (more) news on Bogle? I thought there had been a pre season agreement or did I get that wrong?

St. Andrews White

Jozabed says he wants Celta to exercise their option to buy at the end of the season, and that his move was down to a lack of opportunities not adaptation.
Shame that Slavisa don't want to play him then, could have been excellent for us. Hopefully we get back the full €4m we paid for him at least.

http://www.football-espana.net/62430/jozabed-eyes-long-celta-stay?mobile=off
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

hopper

Quote from: Yonderwhite on January 15, 2017, 12:45:26 PM
Jozabed says he wants Celta to exercise their option to buy at the end of the season, and that his move was down to a lack of opportunities not adaptation.
Shame that Slavisa don't want to play him then, could have been excellent for us. Hopefully we get back the full €4m we paid for him at least.

http://www.football-espana.net/62430/jozabed-eyes-long-celta-stay?mobile=off

such a shame. was eager to see him play.

Mince n Tatties

Radio....Newcastle and Villa preparing bids for Cairney,after another excellent performance from the Cottagers midfielder.

Stay strong Fulham, no way can we let him go.

Mince n Tatties

Why wouldn't a club like Villa bid for him.
They are a huge club with large following who have won major trophies..
You talk as they were non league or whatever,cheek of contemplating signing him?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
Jozabed: "Fulham? It was more down to a lack of opportunities than a lack of adaptation. When you see that your Coach doesn't count on you, you still train to the maximum for when the Coach needs you, but your head also drops."

Sorry but I'm not having it that it was Slavisa that wanted this player when we signed him.

As for Cairney, if he goes to Villa he'll be in this division next year (surprised they've even got the cheek to contemplate signing him to be honest) and if he goes to Newcastle then he'll be on the bench when they flood the team with £30m signings from Europe. The only was I can see him going is if it's to someone like Burnley or a newly-promoted Brighton for example.

Agreed on every letter, word, line, sentence and paragraph. Especially about Jozabed and Cairney, and Villa and Newcastle.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bracken White

Ruiz simply, wouldn't been good enough to play in this team. He wasn't when he was in the fold & couldn't cope with English football. Nothing discernable reported re incumbents at present.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Mince n Tatties

rusty shackleford

I really really hope we can manage to keep Joca. But i can see him leaving if we dont go up. I think ill actually cry!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 15, 2017, 02:37:23 PM
I really really hope we can manage to keep Joca. But i can see him leaving if we dont go up. I think ill actually cry!

Absolute nonsense. This is his first real season of having 'a go at it' if that's the correct term to use, last season he was here just to keep us in the division.

We know, he knows, the Club knows, that 1 season alone would not be enough to turn this club into a promotion challenging side, not with 14 wholesale changes.

Regardless of his track record, Jokanovic publicly stated that he wanted to be he for the long term, he was fed up of moving around, and genuinely believe, he enjoyed his time in the UK with Watford.

Only way I can see him leaving is if a) the Club fook up a new contract, or b) he's not backed by the Club with the 3-4 decent signings, which is what I feel is needed, to gain promotion.

Even then, I don't feel this will happen until the summer.   

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on January 15, 2017, 02:08:20 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 01:50:48 PM
Why wouldn't a club like Villa bid for him.
They are a huge club with large following who have won major trophies..
You talk as they were non league or whatever,cheek of contemplating signing him?

You sound like one of these Leeds or Forest fans on about the distant past. I've literally had to wikipedia Villa to see what they've won, it was that long ago. Last time they won a major trophy was 10 yrs before Cairney was even born. They ain't a big club now. Their gates will drop next year. Revenues are already probably less than ours given London pricing. People seem to forget we were in the Premiership for the best part of a generation and European cup finalists a few years ago. Bottom line is they're below us in the table and not going up this year... so why would Cairney leave is for them? More chance of us signing their best player than the other way around.
Exactly. I'm sick of people licking the 'big' teams' backsides even when in reality they're on the same level abilitywise

Mince n Tatties

I don't give two monkeys to be honest about them I Love FFC.
But for someone to say they had to Wikipedia Villa is a joke, they are a big club with fan clubs worldwide.

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 04:20:54 PM
But for someone to say they had to Wikipedia Villa is a joke, they are a big club with fan clubs worldwide.
I trend to agree with you Mince but maybe its just those of a certain age. Those 25/30 and below may not remember villa as I do for instance. For me they were / are a big club always have been. They are having a rough period and this season hasn't been good, so for me ability wise they are on the same level as us maybe slightly below, size wise and historically they are bigger than us (as much as I hate saying it).

Its actually the same as Leeds as well, but times change.
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 15, 2017, 02:37:23 PM

If Fulham FC let Jok slip through their fingers, it would be the crime of the Century, but I would like to think that even Khan isn't that stupid, is he ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 04:20:54 PM
the ole fan clubs around the world comments again. which in the real world equates to a bunch of jolly foreigners going down the pub at weird hours to watch the football together.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2017, 01:40:47 PM
Radio....Newcastle and Villa preparing bids for Cairney,after another excellent performance from the Cottagers midfielder.

Stay strong Fulham, no way can we let him go.
The possibility of losing Cairney has to be seriously addressed by the club, losing him would be so bad for us   as he is the hub of our midfield which is performing so well, lose Cairney and a key team player is missing.
This is a major problem for us with big clubs like Newcastle and Villa in the division, both clubs can afford to pay huge fees  for a player they see as only having a half chance of becoming a regular  but may just make the difference to them in the promotion race. Also they can offer a fat transfer fee that we would find hard to refuse and silly wages that Cairney would be a fool not to accept. Additionally Newcastle would be offering the player a chance of a championship winners medal and a near certain chance of Premiership football next season.

Make no mistake Newcastle and Villa are both big clubs with large grounds, huge fan basis and colourful histories. Most players would be flattered by invitations to join them.

Retaining Cairney should take priority over buying a new striker or central defender.