more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on January 17, 2017, 11:34:43 AM
Southend United interested in Cauley Woodrow and Matt Smith. My local club, was also where I first saw Cauley play
I always thought Cauley and Matt Smith were reasonable players and not given a fair crack of the whip. However it is now clear that neither of them really feature in the coach's plans. Best for them and us that they move on and make space for a new striker of Jocanovic's choice.

f321ffc

Lucas Piazon‏ @LucasPiazon
Now it is for real. Just signed all the paperwork so I can stay till the end of the season!
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Bronaldinho

Hey all!

Just a quick note to let you know the latest Craven Corner article is now live on:

thecravencorner.wordpress.com

The article discusses the last month or so at Fulham and then briefly touches on transfer business at the end of the article.

Thank you! :)
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

rvFFC

BREAKING: Sky sources: Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa is considering handing in a transfer request: skysports.tv/9eFi4k #SSNHQ

I wonder if he would want to drop down to us

Pie and mash

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 17, 2017, 08:04:52 PM
BREAKING: Sky sources: Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa is considering handing in a transfer request: skysports.tv/9eFi4k #SSNHQ

Way out of our league in terms of wages and price - Unless a miracle loan is on the cards

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Pie and mash on January 17, 2017, 08:28:15 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 17, 2017, 08:04:52 PM

Way out of our league in terms of wages and price - Unless a miracle loan is on the cards
How many Loanees can we have??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Pie and mash

davew

Southend United interested in Cauley Woodrow and Matt Smith. My local club, was also where I first saw Cauley play
Good deal buy 1 and get 1 free, harsh words but 2 of our 3 recognised strikers available for other clubs, sad times, but the club is in a good place if we get 1 or 2 quality strikers to replace them! Personally I would have kept Woodrow!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: davew on January 17, 2017, 11:37:31 PM
Good deal buy 1 and get 1 free, harsh words but 2 of our 3 recognised strikers available for other clubs, sad times, but the club is in a good place if we get 1 or 2 quality strikers to replace them! Personally I would have kept Woodrow!
Article didnt say they were available just that Southend are interested and enquired. Southend are only looking for one forward in this window. As I say my local club so read the news on them
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Journo Alan NIxon says VIlla getting serious about Jordan Rhodes, price boro want is 12 million

Roberty

Quote from: westcliff white on January 18, 2017, 10:07:37 AM
Journo Alan NIxon says VIlla getting serious about Jordan Rhodes, price boro want is 12 million

If that goes ahead - I wonder who is going to swallow the poison pill - I presume they would need to re-home Ross to fit him in
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2017, 11:17:11 AM

So Gestede can't get in a championship team but joins a premiership club for £6m and goes into their team. Then another striker who can't get in the same premiership team goes to the championship club for twice that price. Just goes to show there's no real consistent, objective concept of "value" in football with transfer fees determined by very peculiar, volatile market forces.
Or they jusst want the money back they paid for him? Thats what villa got with Gestede I think.

It is as you say very strange

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2017, 11:17:11 AM

So Gestede can't get in a championship team but joins a premiership club for £6m and goes into their team. Then another striker who can't get in the same premiership team goes to the championship club for twice that price. Just goes to show there's no real consistent, objective concept of "value" in football with transfer fees determined by very peculiar, volatile market forces.

Value is always subjective.

Lighthouse

Grabbon of Bournemouth said to be joining Preston on loan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

If we are naming strikers then I believe we need to think of those players that play like Martin as that one up top central cog for all the runners.
I dont believe given stuff i heard yesterday that we will be straying much away from that skill set.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 12:17:16 PM
If we are naming strikers then I believe we need to think of those players that play like Martin as that one up top central cog for all the runners.
I dont believe given stuff i heard yesterday that we will be straying much away from that skill set.

It has to be someone happy to be Martins understudy which is probably very offputting for anyone whos decent. All they need to do is look at Smith.

Ironically Derby replaced Martin with the best backup, Nugent. Maybe Wickham at Palace but would he come here to play second fiddle?

Maybe Kone at Everton on loan?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on January 18, 2017, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 12:17:16 PM

It has to be someone happy to be Martins understudy which is probably very offputting for anyone whos decent. All they need to do is look at Smith.

Ironically Derby replaced Martin with the best backup, Nugent. Maybe Wickham at Palace but would he come here to play second fiddle?

Maybe Kone at Everton on loan?
Everton want Kone's 40k a week covered, it is why QPR said no to him.

I thought we may look for someone different to Martin in order to change things form the bench during games

twang

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2017, 12:10:26 PM

Could possibly open the door for Jordan Hugill to join us? Based on what MJG wrote above, he'd fit the bill and would probably accept not being a nailed on starter.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on January 18, 2017, 12:57:18 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2017, 12:10:26 PM

Could possibly open the door for Jordan Hugill to join us? Based on what MJG wrote above, he'd fit the bill and would probably accept not being a nailed on starter.
Surely we can get better than Hugill as back up