more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 12:17:16 PM
If we are naming strikers then I believe we need to think of those players that play like Martin as that one up top central cog for all the runners.
I dont believe given stuff i heard yesterday that we will be straying much away from that skill set.

Completely agree. As I've mentioned before we can't be changing formation to a 4-4-2 mid season. We are settled with one up top, just need more strength in depth. Ideally someone a bit quicker as a plan b.

river phoenix

Report: Fulham make final £2.2m bid for Belgium under-21 midfielder Ibrahima Cisse

The Cottagers will look elsewhere if this latest offer is not accepted.

Fulham have made a second and final proposal to Standard Liege for their midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according the La Derniere Heure.

The report claims that the Championship side are set to offer the Belgian club a deal in the region of €2.5 million (£2.2 million) for the player's services this month.

If this deal is not accepted by Standard then Fulham will move on to other potential transfer targets. But the player is desperate to make the move to Craven Cottage and is hopeful Standard will sell him this month.

Cisse re-signed for Standard in the summer after spending two years at KV Mechelen. The Belgian under-21 international has gone on to prove himself at the club and Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is clearly a big fan of the player.

Fulham are still hoping to push on for the play-off places this season after an impressive campaign in which they have played some excellent football and Cisse would be a strong signing in their attempt to push into the top six.

But if a deal cannot be done, it appears they are set to explore other avenues.

Holders

I'm not sure we just need a Martin look-alike as back up. Instead, I can see advantage in a different type of player to complement him - someone we could bring on either in addition to Martin if we were chasing a game, or as an alternative to change style if a game required it. An Ivor-type player, perhaps.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2017, 12:54:18 PM
If we are naming strikers then I believe we need to think of those players that play like Martin as that one up top central cog for all the runners.
I dont believe given stuff i heard yesterday that we will be straying much away from that skill set.

What did you hear yesterday and where did you hear it?

My preference would be for something different, unless we're looking to send Martin back early, but if we're sending Martin back then we need two new players anyway

Martins not going back. Any striker coming in will be a replacement for Smith and start second in pecking order.

Hoppus

Twitter:

'Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Robbie Keane has confirmed that he has offers from several Championship clubs.'

MJG

Quote from: Hoppus on January 18, 2017, 01:40:14 PM
Twitter:

'Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Robbie Keane has confirmed that he has offers from several Championship clubs.'
And he supported everyone of them as a kid

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 01:51:18 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 18, 2017, 01:40:14 PM
Twitter:

And he supported everyone of them as a kid
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 01:13:41 PM

My preference would be for something different, unless we're looking to send Martin back early, but if we're sending Martin back then we need two new players anyway

Martins not going back. Any striker coming in will be a replacement for Smith and start second in pecking order.
you say that, but in slavisa comments after barnsley game, he said he expects Martin to play for us again.. EXPECTS, that's far from a definitive, he's definitely staying.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on January 18, 2017, 02:18:56 PM

you say that, but in slavisa comments after barnsley game, he said he expects Martin to play for us again.. EXPECTS, that's far from a definitive, he's definitely staying.
The full quotes from Slav are as below, for me the last line is the important one as that seems very definitive that he wont be leaving us before the end of the season, whilst it doesnt mean he will play, I suspect he will given that he returned to the squad last week and playedthis last weekend,....

"He played for his team mates and for Fulham," Jokanović said. "Everyone knows how important he is for us. We are trying to convince him to stay with us.

"Today he had a good performance and we are happy that he is back. I don't know why people ask me about Chris Martin so much this is not his first game for Fulham.

"He did not refuse to play for us, he is a professional football player. He was a little bit confused with the situation and now he has a clear mind.

"I expect he will play for us in the future as well. In general we have to forget about this situation and carry on with preparing for the next game.

"This is the best situation for the club and player. I have made it clear he will be with us until the end of the season and that is it."
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on January 18, 2017, 02:25:08 PM

The full quotes from Slav are as below, for me the last line is the important one as that seems very definitive that he wont be leaving us before the end of the season, whilst it doesnt mean he will play, I suspect he will given that he returned to the squad last week and playedthis last weekend,....

"He played for his team mates and for Fulham," Jokanović said. "Everyone knows how important he is for us. We are trying to convince him to stay with us.

"Today he had a good performance and we are happy that he is back. I don't know why people ask me about Chris Martin so much this is not his first game for Fulham.

"He did not refuse to play for us, he is a professional football player. He was a little bit confused with the situation and now he has a clear mind.

"I expect he will play for us in the future as well. In general we have to forget about this situation and carry on with preparing for the next game.

"This is the best situation for the club and player. I have made it clear he will be with us until the end of the season and that is it."

In other words, no matter what happens Martin will not be pulling on a Derby kit this season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 18, 2017, 02:40:04 PM

In other words, no matter what happens Martin will not be pulling on a Derby kit this season.
Thats sort of what i said didn't i?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on January 18, 2017, 02:50:47 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 18, 2017, 02:40:04 PM

Thats sort of what i said didn't i?

It is.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HillingdonFFC

Anyone checked out Ollie Watkins from Exeter City, just turned 21, 6ft 1" strong runner & decent on the ball. Big clubs sniffing , might be worth a punt to play second fiddle to Martin while he develops

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
Anyone checked out Ollie Watkins from Exeter City, just turned 21, 6ft 1" strong runner & decent on the ball. Big clubs sniffing , might be worth a punt to play second fiddle to Martin while he develops

Needs to be experienced player,we already have a decent novice in Humphreys.

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 18, 2017, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM

Needs to be experienced player,we already have a decent novice in Humphreys.
Agree Mince

westcliff white

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 18, 2017, 04:19:47 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/18/report-fulham-rotherham-united-and-peterborough-united-in-battle/

Says here that we want Sutton midfielder Roarie Deacon, although I think it may be nonsense

Didn't he play for Wycombe or Stevenage? Sure he did for one or both saw him at Southend, am posi Indie, by all accounts terrible

westcliff white

Quote from: river phoenix on January 18, 2017, 01:10:52 PM
Report: Fulham make final £2.2m bid for Belgium under-21 midfielder Ibrahima Cisse

The Cottagers will look elsewhere if this latest offer is not accepted.

Fulham have made a second and final proposal to Standard Liege for their midfielder Ibrahima Cisse, according the La Derniere Heure.

The report claims that the Championship side are set to offer the Belgian club a deal in the region of €2.5 million (£2.2 million) for the player's services this month.

If this deal is not accepted by Standard then Fulham will move on to other potential transfer targets. But the player is desperate to make the move to Craven Cottage and is hopeful Standard will sell him this month.

Cisse re-signed for Standard in the summer after spending two years at KV Mechelen. The Belgian under-21 international has gone on to prove himself at the club and Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is clearly a big fan of the player.

Fulham are still hoping to push on for the play-off places this season after an impressive campaign in which they have played some excellent football and Cisse would be a strong signing in their attempt to push into the top six.

But if a deal cannot be done, it appears they are set to explore other avenues.

If accepted he can have a word with Enoh and Sa as our old loanees both play at Standard

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: westcliff white on January 18, 2017, 05:15:53 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 18, 2017, 04:19:47 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/18/report-fulham-rotherham-united-and-peterborough-united-in-battle/

Says here that we want Sutton midfielder Roarie Deacon, although I think it may be nonsense

Didn't he play for Wycombe or Stevenage? Sure he did for one or both saw him at Southend, am posi Indie, by all accounts terrible

He was released by Arsenal and then Sunderland at youth level but played for England u19s.

He then played for Stevenage for 2 years, Crawley for 1 year and is now with Sutton. Now aged 25 on a career path slipping down the leagues so seems rather unlikely.

Keynsham

Surely that is some lazy idiot throwing a name about because Sutton are doing well in the cup.