https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowells21

Quote from: f321ffc on January 19, 2017, 01:06:52 PM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
CONFIRMED. ROSS MCCORMACK will return to Fulham in the coming days.

Personally I'd say not to sign him, but it does quite excite me.

Very contrasting emotions!

Twig

Quote from: dhowells21 on January 19, 2017, 01:14:56 PM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham

It's a no from me. 

MJG

Imagine having both Martin and McCormack on the pitch huffing and puffing and throwing there arms around like spoilt kids.
Excellent for team spirit.
One maybe but two players doing that...  no.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Twig on January 19, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on January 19, 2017, 01:14:56 PM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham

It's a no from me. 
I would not be in favour, but I believe in SJ and if it is HIS decision to bring Mac back then I will go with it! In SJ we trust.
COYW.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SuffolkWhite

Jokanavic knows what he's doing so what ever he decides is fine by me.....we do need another proven striker and Ross would fit the bill. Martin and Ross both have something to prove to us fans so I think why not!

My two penny's anyway
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

Twig

Quote from: MJG on January 19, 2017, 01:22:59 PM
Imagine having both Martin and McCormack on the pitch huffing and puffing and throwing there arms around like spoilt kids.
Excellent for team spirit.
One maybe but two players doing that...  no.

Exactly my thoughts, not the most rapid of pairings.

Wearethewhites

They say never go back, but, I've a feeling this may pay off in our favour - for once. McCormack hasn't settled at Villa, we still know what he's capable of, and, if Martin does go on another paddy, McCormack fits the bill. SJ isn't stupid, didn't want to sell him originally, but the proce for him was to good to turn down, and the money has been re-invested to improve the squad.

You can see it now, McCormack never gets promoted, gets sold, comes back, fires us to promotion. 

Rodge

I don't really get the anti Ross feelings being expressed in this thread. My understanding was that he signed a contract extension with us which enabled us to sell him for big bucks. He didn't go on strike like Martin or allowed his contract to run down so we got nothing for him, like Dembele.

We all agree SJ is doing a great job, he has worked with Ross before and thinks he can fit him into the team, I trust him!

We have been vastly improved this season but still lack the ability to finish off the chances we are creating. Why wouldn't we want a player who was consistently our top scorer two seasons running ( in much poorer Fulham teams) and who can score free-kicks and penalties for fun?

It would be interesting to see us play the same formation as we did against Cardiff with CM and RM up top, whilst I like their commitment to the cause I would expect this front line would be more potent than Piazon and Aluko

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 19, 2017, 01:32:39 PM
They say never go back, but, I've a feeling this may pay off in our favour - for once. McCormack hasn't settled at Villa, we still know what he's capable of, and, if Martin does go on another paddy, McCormack fits the bill. SJ isn't stupid, didn't want to sell him originally, but the proce for him was to good to turn down, and the money has been re-invested to improve the squad.

You can see it now, McCormack never gets promoted, gets sold, comes back, fires us to promotion. 
Here's hoping
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Last seen riding a tandem with Steve Bruce on the hard shoulder of the M6.

Riversider

Who the f*** are these so called Fulham supporters disrespecting Ross McCormack ? Always gave 110% in a Fulham shirt,
Without him we would still be trying to get out of League 1 !
Aluko or McCormack ? McCormack every time for me , for his effort, for his goals, for his penalties, for his free kicks and for his corners,
Anybody that thinks Ross McCormack wouldn't strengthen our squad is firstly not very knowledgeable and secondly talking out of their a**e.

f321ffc

Quote from: Riversider on January 19, 2017, 01:39:54 PM
Who the f*** are these so called Fulham supporters disrespecting Ross McCormack ? Always gave 110% in a Fulham shirt,
Aluko or McCormack ? McCormack every time for me , for his effort, for his goals, for his penalties, for his free kicks and for his corners,
Anybody that thinks Ross McCormack wouldn't strengthen our squad is firstly not very knowledgeable and secondly talking out of their a**e.
Come on Riversider stop beating about the bush and say what you really think. 064.gif 065.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

dhowells21

It's not about how much he's done for us in the past, would you want Saha to play for us now? Of course not.

For me its about the style in which McC plays. He slows things down a lot and drifts around the pitch following the ball. Great when he's number 1 focus and it's all about him, but the way we set up now definitely won't be. Quick and precise is how we play. How will he fit into that? I'm not sure. He's not big enough to be a target man, so won't replace Martin. Our midfield is central around Cairney. How will he fit with that? Not sure he'll be content being #2 main man on the pitch. Personally, I don't think it's worth rocking the TC boat. I'd rather have TC playing 100% like he is now and keep it the same. We're a different (and better) team since he left.

Good footballer though, of course there can be no doubt.

westcliff white

Quote from: Rodge on January 19, 2017, 01:34:09 PM
I don't really get the anti Ross feelings being expressed in this thread. My understanding was that he signed a contract extension with us which enabled us to sell him for big bucks. He didn't go on strike like Martin or allowed his contract to run down so we got nothing for him, like Dembele.

We all agree SJ is doing a great job, he has worked with Ross before and thinks he can fit him into the team, I trust him!

We have been vastly improved this season but still lack the ability to finish off the chances we are creating. Why wouldn't we want a player who was consistently our top scorer two seasons running ( in much poorer Fulham teams) and who can score free-kicks and penalties for fun?

It would be interesting to see us play the same formation as we did against Cardiff with CM and RM up top, whilst I like their commitment to the cause I would expect this front line would be more potent than Piazon and Aluko

For me I dont see any anti Ross feeleings in that they are personal against him, nor do I see (as some one else said) disrespecting him for his ability. What I see is people saying we have moved on, we play a different way, in part bought about by the fact he wanted to leave us.

he isnt a player that is going to play like Martin so if he is the forward being bought in then we have to change styles. If he is one of two forwards being bought in then that is different. I do not see Martin throwing another hissy fit, he may not stay with us but cant see him doing that again. Ross as Dannyboi pointed out could play off the left (or right for that matter) meaning we can keep Cairney in the positoin he has flourished htis season. I woul dhate to see Cairney disappear into the shadows.

But like you I trust in SJ to make the irght decisions for the club and to move us forward. If he feels Ross can add to us then so be it.
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Yes of course he scores some smashing goals and free kicks, and he is a genuine penalty taker.
On the reverse side, I cannot agree that he gave 110% in a Fulham Shirt, he was never fit enough, always carried excess weight, it was a lot less than 110%, more like 75% on a good day.
I thought he was also lazy compared to the rest of the team, and a poor captain, always moaning, very few signs of encouragement. He also slows down attacks.
How is he going to fit in with our current system, plus I also feel he has an attitude at times, and you have to ask yourself, why has he not nailed down a place with Aston Villa who are below us. Steve Bruce is no mug, so he is obviously not impressed, hence the reason why he is after Jordan Rhodes.
However, in the absence of anyone else maybe he is better than nothing.
I just hope we can bring in other decent strikers before we have to go back to Ross. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tonywa

Undoubtedly one of the finest finishers I have ever seen.  That goal at home to Bristol City last season was a real gem. Was trying to work out where he might fit into the team now and its a difficult one, however given his exceptional ability you'd have to find him a place somewhere, not that I think it'll happen for a minute.

Kentish Gent

Just had a nasty thought - is Ross on his way back, because the club have accepted mega-wonga from Newcastle for Cairney?

Pie and mash

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Kentish Gent on January 19, 2017, 02:41:46 PM
Just had a nasty thought - is Ross on his way back, because the club have accepted mega-wonga from Newcastle for Cairney?

Please don't worry me, but I will be surprised if he returns.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.