more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppus

Twitter:
Aston Villa have had a bid accepted for Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes #AVFC

Lighthouse

Quote from: Hoppus on January 27, 2017, 05:24:56 PM
Twitter:
Aston Villa have had a bid accepted for Middlesbrough striker Jordan Rhodes #AVFC

After the failure of Ross you would think they would have learned the lesson. But why were we so concerned with the Financial rules when Villa are spending more money now then they ever did in the Prem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Twitter:
Fair play to them. Wish we would show that kind of ambition
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on January 27, 2017, 05:31:56 PM
Twitter:

Reports earlier was Rhodes +cash for Grealish,maybe he don't want to go to Boro.

Texas White

Twitter:

So the merry go round starts...

Ross to Derby?'
Vydra to Fulham?

Nero

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 27, 2017, 05:29:46 PM
Twitter:

After the failure of Ross you would think they would have learned the lesson. But why were we so concerned with the Financial rules when Villa are spending more money now then they ever did in the Prem.

and QPR still to pay their fine

BestOfBrede

Well said Nero, why does any team care when they know they can do what they want?
We all now know they threaten but do nowt if you have the balls!

Bracken White

Vydra to Fulham? Surely, even by our standards something must be afoot. Departure of Humphreys & Woodrow would appear to leave us alarmingly short of strikers. Jokanovic & Vydra know each other well, so not beyond the bounds of possibility?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

westcliff white

Quote from: mkras99 on January 27, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/27/report-fulham-leading-the-chase-for-peterborough-united-winger-m/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday
Saw this guy play at Southend this year, scored a last minute leveller. He had a decent game aside form scoring, passed well, got crosses in and tried a lot of shots from distance. Moody though in that he was argumentative and spiteful
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Bracken White on January 27, 2017, 07:17:49 PM
Vydra to Fulham? Surely, even by our standards something must be afoot. Departure of Humphreys & Woodrow would appear to leave us alarmingly short of strikers. Jokanovic & Vydra know each other well, so not beyond the bounds of possibility?
no way will Derby give us another one of their strikers, and after the last one they lent us, I'm not sure that I want another of their cast offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Let's face it, we won't be bringing in a big name signing, surely we all know that.

No doubt we'll get someone but that someone will be uninspiring, unknown to most of us & probably one of the cheaper options.

I'm sure they'll also be a couple more loan signings - unfortunately they'll also be uninspiring, largely unknown & cheap.

Poor SJ has his work cut out, the promises of 'whatever it takes' clearly BS, he's on his own.

westcliff white

What is a big name? You pay 6-8 million for a Average players these days

YoungsBitter

Quote from: fulhamben on January 27, 2017, 05:31:56 PM
Twitter:
Its interesting, in terms of style I think Rhodes is exactly the same type of player as Martin. Therefore I dnot see us paying big money for him to be the same option and therefore one of him or Martin on the bench. What we need is someone who is quicker and can break behind from Martin's knock downs or be part of 442 or be a different option. Someone who in my mind is a mixture of the best of Aluko and Ayite. If he can take penalties as well I would be over the moon...so not sure its ambition lacking rather it was never our plan.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on January 27, 2017, 10:17:08 PM
What is a big name? You pay 6-8 million for a Average players these days

Someone like Jordan Rhodes is a big name for us.

Probably any of the decent/top championship strikers. All well over priced, just like us selling an almost 30 year old to villa for £12m, it's ridiculous but they're the sort of players I'd call 'big' for us, at our level.

We're not in that market though & our signings, if any, will appear disappointing. They may surprise & go on to be brilliant, but I won't hold my breath.

What happened to scouts that brought in players like Saha or Malbranque?

westcliff white

They were tiganas scouts and long gone.

And that's my point average is 6-8 million better is more than that and then you gave all that FFP crap to weigh up. We won't take the risk of failing that so we have to accept it whether we like it or not.

Personally I don't, think FFP is farcical but it is a way of football and herd to stay, at least for the short term.

I'm still hopeful of 2 possibly 3 more, I always felt we would go for 3.

AlexW132

I don't want anymore loans, as this leaves our squad very thin at the end of the season.

Fulham76

Quote from: AlexW132 on January 27, 2017, 10:59:17 PM
I don't want anymore loans, as this leaves our squad very thin at the end of the season.

It's probably cheaper that way though, which appears is the way we're run these days

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Surprise Surprise.. Bookies again making Ross favourite to join us...Strange