Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on January 27, 2017, 10:17:08 PM
What is a big name? You pay 6-8 million for a Average players these days
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Fulham are the new 1/2 favourites to sign Robbie Keane.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: f321ffc on January 28, 2017, 10:08:01 AM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham

Yep just seen that.

Lighthouse

If we end up with somebody like Robbie Keane. We will know we didn't get any of the players we wanted and have turned to a panic signing to fill a space in the squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rusty shackleford

If Keane can sit up top and score some of the sitters we miss every single match, then he'll be worth signing

filham

Well we should forget all about the window now for a couple of days and concentrate on tomorrow's cup tie which could be an exciting match.
Come Monday morning when someone at Motspur Park has had their first cup of coffee and hit the panic button their may be things to talk about.

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2017, 10:17:11 AM
If we end up with somebody like Robbie Keane. We will know we didn't get any of the players we wanted and have turned to a panic signing to fill a space in the squad.

Yep, that was plan Z.......

Riversider

Never really taken much interest or notice of Robbie Keane, couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play, but what I will say is this , there were a lot of raised eyebrows when Glasgow Rangers resigned Kenny Miller, people were concerned about his age, his fitness and his desire for the game,
Well all those doubts have been put to one side now, Kenny Miller has been outstanding for Rangers this season, easily the best player, and I understand he has already been offered another year, the reason I mention Miller is this, him and Keane are the same age, they are the same build and play in the same position with a similar style of game, in fact Miller, Keane and Defoe are all similar players and all a similar age,
If Keane can offer half of the pace and movement to Fulham that Miller offers to Rangers then it's a yes from me, he will certainly add a few to our support,
Wish we had signed him a week or so ago so that he could have taken the penalties given against QPHa and Reading.

The Old Count

Quote from: Riversider on January 28, 2017, 01:27:48 PM
Never really taken much interest or notice of Robbie Keane, couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play, but what I will say is this , there were a lot of raised eyebrows when Glasgow Rangers resigned Kenny Miller, people were concerned about his age, his fitness and his desire for the game,
Well all those doubts have been put to one side now, Kenny Miller has been outstanding for Rangers this season, easily the best player, and I understand he has already been offered another year, the reason I mention Miller is this, him and Keane are the same age, they are the same build and play in the same position with a similar style of game, in fact Miller, Keane and Defoe are all similar players and all a similar age,
If Keane can offer half of the pace and movement to Fulham that Miller offers to Rangers then it's a yes from me, he will certainly add a few to our support,
Wish we had signed him a week or so ago so that he could have taken the penalties given against QPHa and Reading.
I agree- and remember McBride was no spring chicken when he signed for us.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 02:32:20 PM
mcbride was something like 31 or 32 when he joine, Keane will be 37 in 6 months
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Tooting legend

Id have him in a heart beat his goal scoring record says it all. Would do a grest job in the championship.

westcliff white

TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham
Christ big name past it players, might as well go for adebuyour if true
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 28, 2017, 03:29:21 PM
Id have him in a heart beat his goal scoring record says it all. Would do a grest job in the championship.
he had a serious knee injury recently and looked distinctly average in a average league. he did score a 6 or 7 goals in 14 odd games in the MLS last season, but wasn't the player he was the previous 2 seasons
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham76

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2017, 10:12:58 AM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham

Yep just seen that.

No forward or long term thinking by the board if this is who we end up with after 6 months of hunting for reinforcements for our severely depleted forward line.

He'll probably pick up a few goals for us but at a reported £50k a week, seems to be a move in the wrong direction.

BedsFFC

That Peterborough guy is playing, so, I guess that looks unlikely.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 28, 2017, 03:43:26 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 28, 2017, 10:12:58 AM
TFS Fulham‏ @TFS_Fulham

Yep just seen that.

No forward or long term thinking by the board if this is who we end up with after 6 months of hunting for reinforcements for our severely depleted forward line.

He'll probably pick up a few goals for us but at a reported £50k a week, seems to be a move in the wrong direction.
lol, if he wants 50k a week, he might Aswell retire now as no one will want he for that

The Old Count

Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Keane would be 5 years older than McBride was when he joined. Mcbride was 36 (same age as Keane is now) in his last season for us and, after his return from injury, was one of the reasons we stayed up.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Keane would be 5 years older than McBride was when he joined. Mcbride was 36 (same age as Keane is now) in his last season for us and, after his return from injury, was one of the reasons we stayed up.
he scored 4 in 17 that season. You could easily argue that the fact that we retained him as first choice striker that season is the reason we flirted with relegation in the first place. I can't believe anyone would entertain signing Keane. Might Aswell go for Bradley Wright Phillips who always out scores him in the mls. And he is a third division player at best.