watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Think he will do ok and the fans will start to like him.

Guy probably just needs a good run in a side

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Can't say it'll be a huge loss imo. Good in the air, but slower than an asthmatic ant, carrying heavy shopping. Doesn't do enough scoring for my liking.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Fulham 442

I posted this earlier but it appears to have been deleted?  Anyone know why??
I presume it is just because he is deemed to be surplus to requirements, although of course I am always hopeful it means we have an incoming striker!

Merch

Great pro but simply not good enough for us. Good news is we surely wouldn't agree this unless we were sure someone else lined up.

Mince n Tatties

Good luck Smudger a first class lad and professional,just don't come back and score against us.
Never thought I'd ever want a QPR man to do well but I hope you do...

filham

Oh well surley that means we have to sign a new striker.
Wish Smith well , he deserves regular football.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 02:34:04 PM
Good luck Smudger a first class lad and professional,just don't come back and score against us.
Never thought I'd ever want a QPR man to do well but I hope you do...

I second that, I am actually sorry to see him go, you won't see him wearing gloves either.
I know fulhamben will find this dissapointing news devestating. ⚽⚽ Good luck Smudger.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bencher

I wish him the very best, he's never been anything less than professional and wholehearted. He is what he is, which is useful on his day but not of the required standard/style to be a starter in our current team. It sounds like a good deal for us financially, given that we only paid £500k for him and his contract expires in the summer.

Hope/pray we have at least two strikers coming in. We needed one anyway, and with Humphreys and Cauley on loan, and Smith off, we're down to trusting Martin's sense of professionalism and hoping he doesn't get injured, or playing a false 9, which I'm not a fan of.

love4ffc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 30, 2017, 02:32:48 PM
I posted this earlier but it appears to have been deleted?  Anyone know why??
I presume it is just because he is deemed to be surplus to requirements, although of course I am always hopeful it means we have an incoming striker!

Apolgogies It was merged with the Silly Transfer Thread.
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=56979.msg834128#msg834128

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 30, 2017, 01:29:00 PM
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

We would like to remind everyone, that this thread if for transfer rumours only. Yes its silly season, but not complete and utter rubbish about Hilder the Tea lady, or the likes.

If we feel your post has no relevance to this this thread, it will be removed, and a warning given if continued.

Please don't spoil it for other who come here looking for genuine information, thanks.
But genuine information is just not forthcoming and with all the silly business with Martin we do need to relieve our frustration with a little sarcastic humour from time to time which often makes a point.

Legate21

Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 02:16:58 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 30, 2017, 02:13:15 PM
We have just accepted a £1m bit from the Ha Ha's for Matt Smith.  Does that mean we have an incoming striker or just that he is surplus to requirements at Fulham and we just want to offload him?
Actually it is 500k rising to a million based on appearances

14:05
QPR CLOSE ON SMITH

QPR have agreed a fee with Fulham for striker Matt Smith, according to Sky sources.

He is due for a medical and to discuss personal terms and it is understood the fee is an initial £500,000 that could rise to £1m depending on appearances.

At least with it being just up the road, the bromance won't be fully tarnished, and there won't be too many sleepless nights for TC. Wouldn't want this to affect his form after all.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2017, 02:50:49 PM
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

We would like to remind everyone, that this thread if for transfer rumours only. Yes its silly season, but not complete and utter rubbish about Hilder the Tea lady, or the likes.

If we feel your post has no relevance to this this thread, it will be removed, and a warning given if continued.

Please don't spoil it for other who come here looking for genuine information, thanks.
But genuine information is just not forthcoming and with all the silly business with Martin we do need to relieve our frustration with a little sarcastic humour from time to time which often makes a point.

:54:
I've had 2 posts taken down now and no explanation why?
Just informed my solicitor. :022:

Mince n Tatties

London club after Hogan as West Ham lose interest.
Can't be us at that price surely?

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 03:14:33 PM
Palace have enquired
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2017, 03:11:29 PM
Quote from: filham on January 30, 2017, 02:50:49 PM
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

:54:
I've had 2 posts taken down now and no explanation why?
Just informed my solicitor. :022:

I replaied to your PM saying I will look into it, hopefully you have my message. Once I know more I will get back to you

f321ffc

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 30, 2017, 02:13:15 PM
We have just accepted a £1m bit from the Ha Ha's for Matt Smith.  Does that mean we have an incoming striker or just that he is surplus to requirements at Fulham and we just want to offload him?
Probably because we have been quoted as the Barcelona of the championship and we all know Barca don't play with strikers. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 03:16:08 PM
Palace have enquired

Really? Weird as they usually only play with one striker and have Benteke, Remy, Wickham and Campbell in their squad.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on January 30, 2017, 03:25:38 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 30, 2017, 03:16:08 PM
Palace have enquired

Really? Weird as they usually only play with one striker and have Benteke, Remy, Wickham and Campbell in their squad.
Was what I thought buit was on Skys Transfer live on their web page...

14:08
PALACE ASK ABOUT HOGAN

Scott Hogan: Will he? Won't he? Where will he...?

Having been pursued by West Ham this month, we understand Crystal Palace have now made an initial inquiry about signing him.

It is thought Palace and one other Championship club contacted Brentford over the weekend. He also remains a target for West Ham.

alexmur

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 28, 2017, 03:29:21 PM
Id have him in a heart beat his goal scoring record says it all. Would do a grest job in the championship.
If goal scoring record is what you are looking for I'm sure we could get Bobby Charlton on loan

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AlexW132

As what someone above said, it's good that Smith will be staying in West London purely because he won't be far from his boyfriend TC. Even if it is the Ha Has, but we'll let him off.