watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

I don't think the Club is in any way in danger of breaching FFP unless there has been pouring out of the purse in some unspoken of manner.  There is still the matter of the new rule changes and whether Fulham get a double whammy for the breach we have already suffered for, but that cannot be avoided by tightening purse strings now.   It is purely a question of the right money being paid for the right person, and not penny pinching for the sake of it.

FulhamStu

Ali Mac and the others are the ones who do the deed, but as said above, Slav has the final say in if he wants a player or not.  Basically Kline is part of identification, as are the scouts, Slav says yes or no and Ali Mac does the contract and financials.  What's difficult to understand about that.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 31, 2017, 09:05:32 AM
Ali Mac and the others are the ones who do the deed, but as said above, Slav has the final say in if he wants a player or not.  Basically Kline is part of identification, as are the scouts, Slav says yes or no and Ali Mac does the contract and financials.  What's difficult to understand about that.

The practice of it rather than the theory of it.

dannyboi-ffc

Expecting a last minute loan for a local player today. Just a guess mind you. Its straight forward for personal circumstances and as its a loan it can happen right at the death with little risk just like the Piazon signing.

Looking at London clubs we could borrow from. Maybe Campbell at Palace?Thought the Arsenal lad was a possibility but that ones gone.

Surely we are attractive to forwards? We create chances with only 1 striker as competition for places. Unlike Wednesday who already have 4 strikers good enough to be starters in this league.

It will be an interesting day, thats for sure. I just hope it isnt a disappointing one.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Quote from: toshes mate on January 31, 2017, 09:08:41 AM

I thought the minues / update from the lats trust meetinghilighted how things were done. AYite was found based on stats, and then Slav got a scout report and then sounded out his own contacts before giving the go ahead.

I could be wrong but sure thats what ALi MAc hilighted in that meeting
Every day is a Fulham day

bencher

I could quite easily see it being Loic Remy from Chelsea - his loan to Palace being cancelled and him being reloaned to Fulham. Low risk, needs game time, has scored goals at the highest level, ticks a lot of boxes.

f321ffc

Quote from: bencher on January 31, 2017, 09:15:42 AM
I could quite easily see it being Loic Remy from Chelsea - his loan to Palace being cancelled and him being reloaned to Fulham. Low risk, needs game time, has scored goals at the highest level, ticks a lot of boxes.
Thought the rule on loans was only two from one club as we already have two it won't happen or am I wrong on this.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

there was a rumour a few days ago we were signing someone form Chelsea for 12 million, fell by the wayside but gave us some hope for a few hours.

Remy at present still at palace, I would prefe rnot to loan players really but right now will take anything as long as it is an improvement to the squad.

westcliff white

Quote from: f321ffc on January 31, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
Thought the rule on loans was only two from one club as we already have two it won't happen or am I wrong on this.
Thought that too, but someone posted somehting yesterday saying it was a little different to that. so I am a little unsure

spikey norman

Maybe why Palace were considering Hogan as a possible replacement for Remy?

LVBPTS

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 09:21:18 AM
there was a rumour a few days ago we were signing someone form Chelsea for 12 million, fell by the wayside but gave us some hope for a few hours.

Remy at present still at palace, I would prefe rnot to loan players really but right now will take anything as long as it is an improvement to the squad.

i'd love it to be Remy
Supporter since 2000

toshes mate

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 09:15:04 AM

I thought the minues / update from the lats trust meetinghilighted how things were done. AYite was found based on stats, and then Slav got a scout report and then sounded out his own contacts before giving the go ahead.

Have you listened to SJ's after Hull match comments when he was asked about transfers.  He ends up saying he respects the system without sounding especially enthusiastic.  He is a good pro.

westcliff white

Quote from: toshes mate on January 31, 2017, 09:35:09 AM

Have you listened to SJ's after Hull match comments when he was asked about transfers.  He ends up saying he respects the system without sounding especially enthusiastic.  He is a good pro.
I read the thread we had on the site, link didnt work, but thought the OP said that the link was an old interview and not the one from the match.

That aside, I was just syaing what was mentioned in those minutes.

The whole transfer thing isa grey cloud, no one outside the club knows what is what at all and it leads us poor fans to confusion and frustration

spikey norman

Another forum saying we are being linked with Milwall's Fred Onyedinma and Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban

toshes mate

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 09:40:00 AM

I read the thread we had on the site, link didnt work, but thought the OP said that the link was an old interview and not the one from the match.

The whole transfer thing isa grey cloud, no one outside the club knows what is what at all and it leads us poor fans to confusion and frustration

He names the same names as before as being responsible for transfers with a little shrug of his shoulders, and really doesn't give any hint of confidence or expectation.  He'll get on with his job as best he can and this was the press conference recorded on Sunday 29th January 2017, not August last year.

westcliff white

Quote from: spikey norman on January 31, 2017, 09:40:04 AM
Another forum saying we are being linked with Milwall's Fred Onyedinma and Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban
Have been for quite a while

twang

Blast from the summer: According to loads of Belgium sites, Cyriac is joining us for €1,5m!

westcliff white

Quote from: toshes mate on January 31, 2017, 09:45:28 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 09:40:00 AM

He names the same names as before as being responsible for transfers with a little shrug of his shoulders, and really doesn't give any hint of confidence or expectation.  He'll get on with his job as best he can and this was the press conference recorded on Sunday 29th January 2017, not August last year.
fair enough, but I still wont believe they will sign someone without his approval as any manger woirth his salt would then walk away.

The Ayite thing was interesting as that was stats based and then Salv went away got reports and his contacts feedback then approved the deal. ANyway thats off topic, lets get back to rumours and hopefully signings

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: twang on January 31, 2017, 09:46:04 AM
Blast from the summer: According to loads of Belgium sites, Cyriac is joining us for €1,5m!

So the soap opera continues.

westcliff white

Alan Nixon is also reporting that Rhodes will be stuck at Boro, as Villa are out and Wednesday have cold feet. Price is too big.