watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP24

Twitter user messaged Cyriac and asked when he'd be joining Fulham. He replied with a clapping hand symbol. Make of that what you will.

JoelH5

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2017, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
If it is them dragging their heels and that article is correct then they're dragging them over something they have no control over.

If it's true that Eibar don't want him to leave and will put him on better money should he stay (why does that seem familiar?), it appears, to me, as if the player is playing both clubs for the best contract that either will offer. This could turn into the transfer equivalent of Russian roulette.

This is in no way the players fault!! He can't do much if the club are being difficult.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2017, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 03:39:27 PM
If it is them dragging their heels and that article is correct then they're dragging them over something they have no control over.

If it's true that Eibar don't want him to leave and will put him on better money should he stay (why does that seem familiar?), it appears, to me, as if the player is playing both clubs for the best contract that either will offer. This could turn into the transfer equivalent of Russian roulette.

I'd wager we could outspend Eiber in terms of wages - their ground only fits 6000 fans in it.  They're absolutely tiny.

toshes mate

As many have said before me the time to get furious with Fulham's Board is all the time.  They haven't planned out anything convincingly as have Brighton to name but one other.   You have to attack the transfer market as early as possible so that you know who you are dealing with, who the competition is, and what will be the likely winning bid.  You do not need a stats man once you have chosen who you wish to bid for and the order of their merit.   I will wait until eleven o'clock tonight before I say what I really think and understand about this disorganised, overpaid bunch of prats who are responsible for transfers.   

westcliff white

Cyriac did that last summer as well i believe, when asked the same question

As for Bogle, wigan bid 750k plus addons up to 1,000,000. Grimsby have rejected 3 bids of 850k apparently
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 03:57:21 PM
Curiac did that last summer as well i believe, when asked the same question

As for Bogle, wigan bid 750k plus addons up to 1,000,000. Grimsby have rejected 3 bids of 850k apparently

Well if we couldnt seal a deal last transfer window what makes you think we will be able to do anything in a day when weve had 3months to sort it out

Mince n Tatties

And all the other play off contenders are strengthening while we wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and on and on and on..Zzzzzz

Tonywa

Is this what the chairman calls 'doing what it takes'?

Ordar

Leeds have completed the signing of Villarreal winger Alfonso Pedraza on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent deal.

Thats a huge signing for Leeds

toshes mate

I was told that at least one deal should be done and dusted by six o'clock, which now seems unlikely, and one other later in the evening possibly last minute.  The earlier one seemed to be the crucial deal.  I just hope it isn't going to be one of those days when everything goes wrong for the wrong reasons.

MiltonBurrows

the suspense is killing me. Everybody around us making moves which are being reported but nothing really solid from us on the airwaves...for some reason though i'm thinking this is a good thing and we'll make some great signings, no idea why.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

DevonFFC

I really hope we are going to announce 3 signings which are all better options that whay we have and not just 3 dodged Sunday league type international players... come on Fulham stop being a laughing stock

westcliff white

Quote from: Nero on January 31, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 03:57:21 PM
Curiac did that last summer as well i believe, when asked the same question

Well if we couldnt seal a deal last transfer window what makes you think we will be able to do anything in a day when weve had 3months to sort it out
Last window it fell apart in the last 2 days as the Oostende chairman wanted to re negotiate the deal, and we didnt wwant too

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on January 31, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
Leeds have completed the signing of Villarreal winger Alfonso Pedraza on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent deal.

Thats a huge signing for Leeds
never heard of him, so will take your word for that

rvFFC

Ordar

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2017, 04:16:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the exciting announcement at 11pm tonight that Woodrow and Humphrys have been recallled

Can you imagine the backlash.... or even worse if we tried to recall them, but hadnt put the option in the loan agreements

DevonFFC

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 31, 2017, 04:14:45 PM
Saw this on twitter, supposedly yriac replied to a message asking if he is joining us
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lukey2906/status/826453092703035395

Hardly a huge sign of intent is it with this signing.

dhowells21

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2017, 04:16:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the exciting announcement at 11pm tonight that Woodrow and Humphrys have been recallled

In that case at least the Chris Martin saga taught us something. "Always put a release clause"

Lighthouse

Leeds sign winger Alfonso Pedraza on loan from Villarreal. #DeadlineDay

Matty Taylor: Bristol City sign striker from local rivals Bristol Rovers
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Wigan have made a £750,000 offer for Grimsby striker Omar Bogle, according to Sky sources.

We understand the fee could rise to £1m with add-ons for the current leading scorer in Sky Bet League Two.

Grimsby have already rejected three bids in the region of £850,000 for the striker.

Where there's a will there's a wife