The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Amiens trying to replace Kamara before signing off on us getting him

J

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2017, 10:07:23 PM
Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2017, 09:54:46 PM
Apparently the club was saying the player had to buy himself out.
With taxes it was adding 4 million euros to the price. 14 million is deemed too much by FFC
Clearly Derby aren't the only dirty buggers

first of all that doesn't make sense. when you have a contract under which someone pays you money, it's them that have to buy you out, not the other way around... or are we saying we didn't want to pay the full amount required to trigger the release clause and asked the play to pay some of his own transfer fee? in which case that's just us being tight

secondly even if it is down to some intricacy of spanish tax/contract rules, whatever the actual explanation, was it not something a little bit of due diligence / local legal knowledge would have picked up, which a competent club who've been watching this player for 6 months would have done

thirdly i agree with ben - i can't think of any explanation where the deal couldn't have been done sooner in the window, unless perhaps we just wanted to give his agent less time to offer him around to other clubs before signing with us

On your 3rd point it is just as possible the player & agent dragged this out rather than us - just because we can chat to them doesn't mean they will respond with any urgency, and the agent may wish to tout the player about once concrete interest has been made

alexmur

Quote from: One James stannard on January 31, 2017, 10:17:24 PM
Must admit I'm gutted about Jordan Rhodes, he knows where the net is and is a great buy at 10m for a 26 year old PROVEN goal scorer.

I'd also be happy if we could bring in Loic remy, a player who I think is very under rated.

All that being said I have full confidence and trust in Slav
Remy is a pipe dream

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

If the lad wants to come hopefully they let him
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

Im more excited about Kamara than Cyriac. Young, fast, rated by Amiens fans. Willing to give them a chance anyway. The way i see it they cant be more ineffectual than Smith Woodrow and Humphries ao we arent any weaker than we were last week

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2017, 10:07:23 PM
Quote from: TerryR on January 31, 2017, 09:54:46 PM
Apparently the club was saying the player had to buy himself out.
With taxes it was adding 4 million euros to the price. 14 million is deemed too much by FFC
Clearly Derby aren't the only dirty buggers

first of all that doesn't make sense. when you have a contract under which someone pays you money, it's them that have to buy you out, not the other way around... or are we saying we didn't want to pay the full amount required to trigger the release clause and asked the play to pay some of his own transfer fee? in which case that's just us being tight

secondly even if it is down to some intricacy of spanish tax/contract rules, whatever the actual explanation, was it not something a little bit of due diligence / local legal knowledge would have picked up, which a competent club who've been watching this player for 6 months would have done

thirdly i agree with ben - i can't think of any explanation where the deal couldn't have been done sooner in the window, unless perhaps we just wanted to give his agent less time to offer him around to other clubs before signing with us

I believe Spanish contracts have to be bought out by the player themselves.  And either up until recently (or it still may be the case, not 100% certain) when the buying club paid the money into the player's bank account it was taxable at something like 20-50% from what I've read.  As a result, most cases where the clause is "met" is actually the club accepting a bid of that amount so as not to force the buying club into spending more than necessary (especially as the selling club wouldn't receive it, so it's of no real benefit to do so unless you want to prove a point).  In this case, and because it's the final day with little time to get a replacement, Eibar are seemingly asking for Enrich to buy his contract out or no deal - meaning the higher, taxable fee may be needed to be paid by us.

Theoretically, we could have had a bid accepted by Eibar for the buy out amount or had an agreement that it would be, and they've delayed so long because they didn't want to sell that they're now insisting that the player has to buyout the contract which has priced us out.

Source:

http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/buy-out-clauses-how-they-work-spanish-football

twang

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2017, 10:35:35 PM
Im more excited about Kamara than Cyriac. Young, fast, rated by Amiens fans. Willing to give them a chance anyway. The way i see it they cant be more ineffectual than Smith Woodrow and Humphries ao we arent any weaker than we were last week

Totally agree. Plus, he's doing well in the same league as former target Mounié did last season (doing a good job in Ligue 1 now) and Kodjia did the season before.

rusty shackleford

Kamara may arrive with a suspension based on what i can see from shoddy twitter translations

Fulham Tup North

On a massive positive...... we have kept Tom Cairney ;0
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

twang

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 31, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T JINX IT!

David I

Quote from: twang on January 31, 2017, 10:54:34 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 31, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T JINX IT!
Cairney, Sess and Joka will be gone in August......... Weve just found a decent manager that can polish a turd yet the board dont back him!
Why would Joka want to stay.....???

DevonFFC

Sarah has yet to say that's all on her twitter which she does ever transfer window

Bracken White

Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

LVBPTS

Quote from: ollienixs on January 31, 2017, 11:07:20 PM
Sarah has yet to say that's all on her twitter which she does ever transfer window
She just tweeted that they are allowed to go home now so guess that's it done

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

grandad

Quote from: ollienixs on January 31, 2017, 11:07:20 PM

She has now. Told us to go to bed. Very poor window. Just wait for the excuses.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Ordar

Wow, just wow. Someone at the club is going to have to explain this. I can see Joka walking

JoelH5

JoelH5

We really need to make it known to Slav that we back him and understand it's the board causing issues. He'll probably still walk but it's a slight chance

DevonFFC

There is still one to come. Read the tweet. It's not a out and out end of as she normally states