watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by DanVerSar, December 30, 2016, 02:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

I'd like to see a poacher of a goal scorer. Someone who jumps when they head the ball, is in the box waiting for the tap ins. Has pace like the rest of the team. Maybe out of our price range.

I hope Martin doesn't play for us again. IF He did decide not to play. I would not send him back to Derby. I'd just fine him his wages and send him to the reserves. If he refuses to play there, I'd fine him again.

Woolly Mammoth

January is going to be an interesting month and I hope Jok is so fired up he will ensure that he will do his best to replace Martin with a decent striker and a quality centre back, availability permitting. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Chutney

Martin can rot for the rest of the season, he should never be given the honour of putting a fulham shirt on again. Jovanovic on the other hand, bravo for those post game comments, they were beautiful!
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Newsnow at 11_28 saying Derby close
to signing Rhodes and Landsbury.
So would they want Martin back?

Chutney

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 31, 2016, 01:05:32 AM

Doesn't matter, they will have to take him back in may. Until then he can rot half a season away.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on December 31, 2016, 12:12:24 AM
Very disappointing. The next couple do days will be interesting. I like Slavisa's comments. The big question is if it's true do we let him rot the rest of the season or send him to the nearest train station, so to speak, back to Derby. My gut feeling is that rotten apples need to be cleared out and we buy a better and committed striker in January. Martin will then just be a distant memory

Indeed.

Never forget your Roots.

Bronaldinho

I really hope this gets sorted out sooner rather than later, it all seems a bit strange considering Martin's success at Fulham.

The contract situation is strange too as normally clubs offer a player new deal before a transfer to increase value, but all future fees were agreed in the loan agreement, so it's all a bit bizarre!

Anyway, I've discussed this in a bit more depth on my blog; The Craven Corner.

Please see below:

The latest Craven Corner article discusses the situation with Chris Martin, Slavisa Jokanovic and looks ahead to what could happen in January with Fulham in the transfer window.

Thank you for all your ongoing support of the blog this year.

I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and let's hope it's successful for Fulham too.

You can read the article here: thecravencorner.wordpress.com
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Looking at his 'body language' in the last 2/3 games he seemed to be getting "p***ed of" at the amount
of times he was 'ignored" in the attacks.
Sort of:  "Why didn't you pass to me, I was in the ideal scoring position, that's what I do"
A STARVED STRIKER IS AN UNHAPPY STRIKER

I have no idea if this is relevant to the current situation, just my observation.

A big question is that we are scoring goals from loads of different players and do we actually need a
target man ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Or maybe he showed that frustration because he was already peed off with Fulham, or was looking for an excuse to  leave after overtures from Derby.

He was first choice striker and has scored  a few in a free scoring- though chance missing, in form, side, after an initial drought, so hard to see what problem he might have on the playing side, anyway.

TXWhite

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on December 31, 2016, 03:45:45 AM
A big question is that we are scoring goals from loads of different players and do we actually need a
target man ?

I'd argue yes - having a striker who can hold the ball up and create for others is huge for our system. Even though Martin hasn't been prolific for us, he has been very important to the team's scoring success. With Rigg out of the way, hopefully Slavisa has the freedom to choose a new target man if needed or, at least, a second option who is superior to Smith, Woodrow etc.

HatterDon

Quote from: river phoenix on December 30, 2016, 10:00:17 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 30, 2016, 09:47:11 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on December 30, 2016, 09:46:02 PM
I don't get any of this - why isn't the Derby manager reported fot this disgrace?
reported for what? hes a derby player on loan to us

Wrong. He is our player until 31.05.2017.

Well, it's been less than 12 hours since all this came up; I'm guessing that's the reason why McLaren isn't in jail already.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on December 31, 2016, 12:12:24 AM
Very disappointing. The next couple do days will be interesting. I like Slavisa's comments. The big question is if it's true do we let him rot the rest of the season or send him to the nearest train station, so to speak, back to Derby. My gut feeling is that rotten apples need to be cleared out and we buy a better and committed striker in January. Martin will then just be a distant memory

It certainly hit a nerve with Jok, he was not kidding when he said words to the effect that Martin will not play for Derby this season.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

What are you going to do with your Chris Martin Shirt ?

Never forget your Roots.

Neil D

Quote from: Carborundum on December 30, 2016, 08:54:59 PM

Chris Martin is a good striker, but he's no messiah.
No,he's not.  But he is a naughty boy...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Neil D on December 31, 2016, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: Carborundum on December 30, 2016, 08:54:59 PM

Chris Martin is a good striker, but he's no messiah.
No,he's not.  But he is a naughty boy...

And he isn't coming out to play.

Twig

Not terribly upset that we are set to lose Martin's services, he was OK but not worth the loan fee plus the purchase fee.

SJ has come out of this brilliantly and gone up even further in my estimation.

If Khan now backs SJ in deeds as well as words I will even get off the fence and start to acknowledge him as a good thing for FFC.

As to CM, he should F... off back to Derby as soon as possible, we don't need thoroughly rotten apples and we could put the cash to far better use.

Overall I think this could be a positive as it has the potential to bring everyone closer together, harmony in adversity and all that.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 31, 2016, 05:34:12 AM

What are you going to do with your Chris Martin Shirt ?

I will keep it,and when we sign
Sirchar Mint from an East European team I will just rearrange the letters.

Neil D

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 31, 2016, 08:52:13 AM

I will keep it,and when we sign
Sirchar Mint from an East European team I will just rearrange the letters.
What are you going to do if he just wants to be called 'Minted'?

Mince n Tatties

Is this the twist in the tale?
Talksport saying Norwich want their former striker Chris Martin back.
Have looked on a couple of their forums
but seen nowt about it.