watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

martin

Started by nose, March 07, 2017, 11:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

in all the talk of useless referees i totally forgot how awful martin was, not just that but his lack of effort was absolutely stunning. there was nothing much that got him to move.
i love the manager but for heaven sake martin was a disgrace, we needed 11 on the pitch but only had 10
get rid of him

cyriac when he came on made a difference and managed to get on a the end of a cross and force a save.

a couple of players had less than their best games IMO but gave everything so no complaints... martin looked like he really could not care less the whole time, a useless lump, the biggest disapointment of the night

millsy

Couldn't agree more. Can't or won't jump, only makes runs alongside defenders, can't trap a ball, wall passes like clearances. Unless he's scoring, waste of space!

H4usuallysitting

I've said it before....he thinks he's better than us....and has an air of bored about him.....if nothing else what we've seen with Cyriac is that he's a trier

dannyboi-ffc

I think Martin tried tonight, he closed down a lot more and seemed to be putting in a shift. However, he was still sh1t
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2017, 11:57:02 PM
not a martin fan at all (check my old posts) but i absolutely totally 100% disagree with this

martin won everything that was put near him and some of his flicks and touches are astoundingly good, turning apparently lost causes into goal-scoring chances

martin never has been, and never will be, a lightning fast, skillful player who runs round 5 defenders and scores. he gets under long balls, holds things up, brings others into play and if you find him in space in the box, he'll score. that's his game, it will get him 20 goals per season, and that is what you pay for

i really like the look of cyriac (WHAT a header tonight!) but he still hasn't scored has he

i will never argue with you in a bad way but i said he didn't try, his lack of effort was outrageous
i do not actually think he was actually that good on the rare occasions he did join in tonight, but that was not the point, we needed 11 playrs with max effort, not 10

regarding cyriac, let him have a proper chance and i suspect he will start scoring and making loads of goals but 10 minutes here and 15 there is not fair on him or us.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

not a martin fan at all (check my old posts) but i absolutely totally 100% disagree with this

martin won everything that was put near him and some of his flicks and touches are astoundingly good, turning apparently lost causes into goal-scoring chances

martin never has been, and never will be, a lightning fast, skillful player who runs round 5 defenders and scores. he gets under long balls, holds things up, brings others into play and if you find him in space in the box, he'll score. that's his game, it will get him 20 goals per season, and that is what you pay for

i really like the look of cyriac (WHAT a header tonight!) but he still hasn't scored has he

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/

EastEndWhite

:plus one:

Chesh

:plus one:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Count Flapula

Against Preston, Martin made countless runs but it was almost as if the team are reluctant to pass to him unless he is irrefutably the best option available.

Martin wasn't really a factor in the match today, overall a bit of a no mark, but not necessarily all his fault - again he was generally starved of service. Like him or not, give him the right service and odds are he will put the ball in the net as his record shows.

Not standing up for him or digging him out - just an objective observation.

Don't want him here next season though regardless of his situation with Derby, his bridges are well and truly burned. Would give anything to see Tammy Abraham here either on loan or permanent next season - I honestly think he'd be the missing piece of our attacking jigsaw.

love4ffc

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 08, 2017, 12:02:55 AM
I think Martin tried tonight, he closed down a lot more and seemed to be putting in a shift. However, he was still sh1t
Have to agree.  Thought Martin put in a good shift.  Actually thought he made a lot of good runs both this game and Preston.  Don't get me wrong there are still times I think he is sitting to still but these last two games I think he worked pretty hard. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ffc73

Leeds centre halves were very good. Their no5 a class act. As I have said before Martin does a lot of work, we often do not use him and against top quality CBs he struggles. Also our service to Martin was really poor. Our final ball in the last third was shocking. Several players had off nights & to pick Martin out is imo not warranted

Cyraic gave them something different to think about + the flurry of good chances we had came in stoppage time when they were down to 10 & tired from chasing the ball for 90 minutes

snarks

I thought Martin put a lot of work in last night as he did against Preston. It is true tho' as someone said the other day, Cairney won't pass to him.

hovewhite

Its piontless havin a player on the pitch if no one gives him the ball,take note cairns.

MJG

Quote from: FFC73 on March 08, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
Leeds centre halves were very good. Their no5 a class act. As I have said before Martin does a lot of work, we often do not use him and against top quality CBs he struggles. Also our service to Martin was really poor. Our final ball in the last third was shocking. Several players had off nights & to pick Martin out is imo not warranted

Cyraic gave them something different to think about + the flurry of good chances we had came in stoppage time when they were down to 10 & tired from chasing the ball for 90 minutes
Pretty much how i saw it. Too easy to say hes lazy and poo. need to watch a lot of the off ball running and lay offs.

toshes mate

I thought I saw a marked improvement in Martin on Saturday which didn't appear to be so obvious against Leeds.  However, I'd be more inclined to say Martin just isn't a good enough striker for this team but the problem is finding a better striker in the squad.  Cyriac is still raw but it is nothing a goal wouldn't fix.  Kebano has been excellent since his return in January.  I am backing Fulham to surprise us all on Saturday and do the double over Newcastle.   Last night was one of those nights.

Chutney

Martin was completely anonymous and didn't look like he could care less, the bloke is so easy to hate. 
C O Y W

filham

That Leeds defence was very good and made it difficult for Martin to shine, Cyriac looked better when he replaced Martin.
Jokanovic has a problem in who to play in the next match, Martin, Cyriac or Ayite.

General

Quote from: Count Flapula on March 08, 2017, 01:05:05 AM
Against Preston, Martin made countless runs but it was almost as if the team are reluctant to pass to him unless he is irrefutably the best option available.

Martin wasn't really a factor in the match today, overall a bit of a no mark, but not necessarily all his fault - again he was generally starved of service. Like him or not, give him the right service and odds are he will put the ball in the net as his record shows.

Not standing up for him or digging him out - just an objective observation.

Don't want him here next season though regardless of his situation with Derby, his bridges are well and truly burned. Would give anything to see Tammy Abraham here either on loan or permanent next season - I honestly think he'd be the missing piece of our attacking jigsaw.

The whole not passing to him element - I think I saw glimpses of that too. If that is the case, which it may be then there's definitely no reason he should be playing. His goal scoring record is just a false hope. If cyriac is here for the long hall and willing to give his all and be a threat, one which the team will include and play off, then I think he should be preferred.

Martin is a dud. Not in the fact that he doesn't have the ability to even win us games on his own, he's just tampered with... It's like going gokarting knowing there's a risk the wheel may come off. You can take the risk, but if the wheel does come off it can severely endanger you.

He severely endagers our ability to make the playoffs. And I think he'd like it as retribution to show us how close we can get but actively do just the right amount to not allow us to be there.

toshes mate

I am not so sure the 'not passing to him' element is necessarily avoidance so much as other players getting into better positions to continue an attack.  I feel Martin is often too static when it would be better to move and take a defender or defenders with him and that is a wavelength equation.  Perhaps Martin's history is making it more difficult for him to adjust and adapt in games, something that Aluko, Kebano, Ayite, and Piazon find so natural a process.  Whatever the reasons we will see what selections SJ makes for Saturday and draw our own conclusions.  Leeds worked really hard at defence last night and obviously their game plan was made easier by the early OG.   

davew

Quote from: Chutney on March 08, 2017, 10:59:46 AM
Martin was completely anonymous and didn't look like he could care less, the bloke is so easy to hate. 
Agreed, I sometimes think some people are watching a different game to me, I keep replaying our matches to see if I am missing something but sadly I don't seem to be. Martin should not be in our team unless he provides more interest and effort. It is no surprise that some players seem to avoid passing the ball to him, the situation needs sorting out, otherwise bye bye play offs!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)