more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who was your first Fulham hero

Started by Barrett487, September 02, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

bigalffc

Started supporting the whites in '58. Johnny Haynes was the biggest thing in football ever. He could split a defence in two with a shrug of his shoulders. later Georgie Cohen was my hero and the man I tried to copy when playing RB . I even used to run with my elbows out. Wonderful days.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Jonaldiniho 88

aaronmcguigan

Keynsham

masterhaynes

First match was 1968 Fulham 4 Burnley 3. I was torn between JH, LB & Allan Clarke. Settled on Clark - thought it 'looked stylish to wear my shorts slipped down on waist, in the days shorts were really short to make them look longer - clearly a fashion trend setter lookibg at todays shorts:Get Coat gif:
Switched to LB when he left for Leicester. He clearly influenced me as I ended up playing No 11 but always saw myself as a Keegan type CF

Mince n Tatties

Can't separate them.
Haynes
Leggatt
Macedo

Dodgin

In the day's of no subs, remember an injured Jimmy Langley playing on the wing,
Got to give it to Peabody never did see Ronnie Rooke

RaySmith

All the 60's team were my heroes, with my scrapbook of photos I would get signed, with a piece written about each player - like 'Eddie Lowe hails from Halesowen...', or 'Johnnie Haynes has represented his country at all levels of the game...'

Obviously JH, and Graham Leggat and Tony Macedo, but since I myself  played left-half (defensive midfielder) it was the defensive players I saw as role models. Like Alan Mullery, George Cohen and Jim  Langley, with his long throws and overhead kicks.

But Eddie 'Sticks' Lowe was a player I particularly modelled myself on in those early Fulham supporting days. He played  left-half too, though  ended up as a cb, skinny legs pumping as he chased down an attacker, and then perfectly executed a sliding tackle to  get the ball, while, legally, bringing down the player.

I also used to admire him and Alan Mullery for their engines and enthusiasm, always running and working, battling for the team as well as their passing skill and tackling, of course.

I used to practise the slide tackles of  Eddie and Jim Langley when playing games with mates in the park.

I have had many Fulham heroes since, but nothing compare to how I revered those players I first saw wearing the white shirt, and whose autographs I would  queue for.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dodgin on September 03, 2017, 08:05:15 AM
In the day's of no subs, remember an injured Jimmy Langley playing on the wing,
Got to give it to Peabody never did see Ronnie Rooke

Yes that was against Sheffield United and we won 3 1. Jimmy Langley had quite a bad ankle injury but soldiered on through thick and thin.
Wouldn't see that happen today if all the subs were used, they roll over holding their faces when they sustain a broken finger nail.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

When I first started going I took a liking to Robbie Herrera straight away. But when I was 12 we signed Boa and he's been my hero ever sense. He's the only player I think I'd cry if I got to meet again lol.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2017, 09:32:47 AM...But when I was 12 we signed Boa and he's been my hero ever sense. He's the only player I think I'd cry if I got to meet again lol.

Dunno about a hero - but there are plenty of players out there who cry at the thought of meeting Michael Brown again.  096.gig

Fulham Tup North

I always liked Viv Busby, only because I liked his name!!
That '75 team were all heroes !!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: cmg on September 03, 2017, 09:43:09 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2017, 09:32:47 AM...But when I was 12 we signed Boa and he's been my hero ever sense. He's the only player I think I'd cry if I got to meet again lol.

Dunno about a hero - but there are plenty of players out there who cry at the thought of meeting Michael Brown again.  096.gig

Lol. He's gotta be the player I'm most ashamed to say wore the white shirt and had the armband for a season!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Marinelloguthrie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 03, 2017, 07:57:40 AM
Can't separate them.
Haynes
Leggatt
Macedo

That would be exactly the same as my dad...

keith

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 02, 2017, 09:56:54 PM
Julian Hails for me. I thought he was excellent. Then I saw Paul Broker replace him due to injury against Swansea in cup.... wow.... that was a debut
7-0

Ronnief

First watched the team in 1957 but can't say I had a favorite player until Steve Earle came along.  He would surely fit today's team with his style of play.
Malcolm MacDonald was the only player who caused me to write a letter to the club exalting his center forward play.  They ignored me and sold him for peanuts.

_Putney_

Robbie Herrera. Played left back most of my footballing youth because of him.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 03, 2017, 12:26:25 PM
Robbie Herrera. Played left back most of my footballing youth because of him.

We must be a similar age then. What was it about him? Gotta be the hair lol

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]