watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

who was your first Fulham hero

Started by Barrett487, September 02, 2017, 07:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

I started watching Fulham in late 1972, and it'll come as no surprise that my first hero was Les Barrett.

He epitomised everything that I felt was good about the game. A demon dribbler, a hard worker and a true sportsman. He's a major reason why I have bought in to Fulham.

BestOfBrede

bill taylors apprentice

The great Graham Leggat!

I was 8 when in 1963 he scored the fastest ever hat trick in English football (3 mins) and it just reinforced my admiration!

Sir Alec of good Stock

Started watching in the late 60s and same as above it was Les Barett followed closely by Alan Slough and then Terry Angus.
Terry epitomised everything that was good about the team that Micky Adams built and I can still never forgive the club for sacking him.

cmg

Very predictable for me.
My old man took me to Palace a couple of times and then to Fulham.
The next week there was a clash and he asked me which one I wanted to go to. But it didn't need much thought; even though I was only 8, I had seen Haynes and I knew I had seen something special.
My Dad nodded in approval happy to know that he hadn't brought up a complete idiot (he may have revised that opinion after some of my later exploits.)

F(f)CUK

SuffolkWhite

Ivor for me to, always had a smile. Remember the goal against Chestetfield at home from a very tight angle near the corner flag, very cheaky.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Peabody

The Fulham Boy

Louis Saha [emoji146]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marinelloguthrie

Probably Alan Mullery and also due to wanting to be a goalkeeper Peter Mellor. The goalkeeping bug missed me by watching Malcolm Webster dont know why lol

Riversider

My first hero was Jimmy Conway, even managed to get him to autograph his annual for me when it came out, a few years later my adulation switched to the one and only Gordon Davies,
And that was the last time that I had any adulation for a Fulham player, so I guess it must be an age thing.

Woolly Mammoth

Jimmy Langley, the original gentleman. Every time he came out on the pitch at a start of a game he would always tap his boots against a goal post.
He had a long throw, and the best executor of a scissor kick I have ever seen.
He made an immediate impression on me from the first time I saw him.
When he was born, they threw away the mould.
Sadly they don't make them like him anymore.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Wish I could say I have been following Fulham as long as some of you. 

My hero that brought me to Fulham was Brian McBride and I wish we had someone of his character playing up top for us right now. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

cataylormade

Jimmy Conway. We got Jimmy Jimmy Conway on the wing on the wing

fcfulham55

Boa Morte

What an ageing messageboard lol
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Barrett487

Quote from: fcfulham55 on September 02, 2017, 09:46:04 PM
Boa Morte

What an ageing messageboard lol

The youngsters are still out partying....... they'll be along later after we've had our cocoa, lol

bog

bog

One Martin Thomas

Julian Hails for me. I thought he was excellent. Then I saw Paul Broker replace him due to injury against Swansea in cup.... wow.... that was a debut

bucksfulham