watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrD1879

Just seen a poll on Twitter that a lot of people would welcome Chris Martin back. I'm shocked that people will accept what he did last year and welcome him to put the shirt back on if he feels like it.

Yes we need his type but come on  :dead horse:

Holders

Quote from: MrD1879 on January 01, 2018, 04:11:56 PM
Just seen a poll on Twitter that a lot of people would welcome Chris Martin back. I'm shocked that people will accept what he did last year and welcome him to put the shirt back on if he feels like it.

Yes we need his type but come on  :dead horse:

Gayle is better though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BedsFFC

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 01, 2018, 03:27:40 PM
Fulham 'agree' to sign Wolves and Leeds United target in January

Fulham have supposedly agreed on a deal in advance with Newcastle United that will bring striker Dwight Gayle to Craven Cottage in January according to the page 46 of the printed edition of Monday's Daily Mirror, as reported by HITC.

The striker had been rumoured to move to Fulham in the days leading up to Deadline Day but a move for the striker failed to materialise with Newcastle failing to sign a replacement for the striker.

Supposedly, the two clubs finally settled on a deal worth £15 million that will take Gayle back to London after he moved to St. James' Park in 2016 from Crystal Palace.

Gayle gained plenty of admirers in the Championship as he managed to score an impressive 23 goals in 32 games for the Magpies last season, following his £10.8 million move from London to Tyneside.

So far this season, Gayle has struggled to implement himself as a focal point of Newcastle United's squad with Rafael Benitez seemingly opting with Joselu, Ayoze Perez and now Alexander Mitrovic ahead of Gayle.

Fulham themselves managed to bring in Yohan Mollo and Jordan Graham on Deadline Day but if a deal has been agreed with Newcastle United, they will have replaced striker Sone Aluko who departed for Reading for a fee of around £7.5 million.

Gayle would be an excellent acquisition for Fulham and after a transfer saga that seems to have dragged on, Newcastle United should have the time to find a replacement in January if Gayle is to move to London and there should be no reason why a deal can't go ahead.

Gayle had been linked with a move to Leeds United and Wolverhampton Wanderers during the transfer window, but with a move to Fulham looking like it could be on the cards, both teams are likely to look elsewhere should they still need a striker in January.

http://the72.co.uk/91325/fulham-agree-sign-premier-league-striker-january/

"Supposedly". In other words, its just a journo filling space 4 months ago after the window had just shut....and he's just come on as a sub for the barcodes

hovewhite

Gayle on the pitch for Geordie's,The mirror in the word of trump,FAKE NEWS?

Fulham76

filham

Well the reporter may think the story is worth running but any Fulham fan must see it is pure and wild speculation.

Matt10

We just need a Left Back that is proven in the leagues so, if we keep Sess, he can play up front. After that, we need some depth at CB. Once those items are addressed, we can look at boosting the strikers to backup Kamara. I want a proven decent sized player such as Ulloa, or a Serbian named Mitrovic. Maybe a fellow countryman like Slav could settle the young man down.

Twig

Quote from: Matt10 on January 01, 2018, 05:31:28 PM
We just need a Left Back that is proven in the leagues so, if we keep Sess, he can play up front. After that, we need some depth at CB. Once those items are addressed, we can look at boosting the strikers to backup Kamara. I want a proven decent sized player such as Ulloa, or a Serbian named Mitrovic. Maybe a fellow countryman like Slav could settle the young man down.

Agree, although Ulloa or Mitrovic would hardly be "backup" for Kamara.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 01, 2018, 03:27:40 PM
Fulham 'agree' to sign Wolves and Leeds United target in January

Fulham have supposedly agreed on a deal in advance with Newcastle United that will bring striker Dwight Gayle to Craven Cottage in January according to the page 46 of the printed edition of Monday's Daily Mirror, as reported by HITC.

The striker had been rumoured to move to Fulham in the days leading up to Deadline Day but a move for the striker failed to materialise with Newcastle failing to sign a replacement for the striker.

Supposedly, the two clubs finally settled on a deal worth £15 million that will take Gayle back to London after he moved to St. James' Park in 2016 from Crystal Palace.

Gayle gained plenty of admirers in the Championship as he managed to score an impressive 23 goals in 32 games for the Magpies last season, following his £10.8 million move from London to Tyneside.

So far this season, Gayle has struggled to implement himself as a focal point of Newcastle United's squad with Rafael Benitez seemingly opting with Joselu, Ayoze Perez and now Alexander Mitrovic ahead of Gayle.

Fulham themselves managed to bring in Yohan Mollo and Jordan Graham on Deadline Day but if a deal has been agreed with Newcastle United, they will have replaced striker Sone Aluko who departed for Reading for a fee of around £7.5 million.

Gayle would be an excellent acquisition for Fulham and after a transfer saga that seems to have dragged on, Newcastle United should have the time to find a replacement in January if Gayle is to move to London and there should be no reason why a deal can't go ahead.

Gayle had been linked with a move to Leeds United and Wolverhampton Wanderers during the transfer window, but with a move to Fulham looking like it could be on the cards, both teams are likely to look elsewhere should they still need a striker in January.

http://the72.co.uk/91325/fulham-agree-sign-premier-league-striker-january/

Minutes player in November/December (including today's game against Stoke):
122- Mitrovic
422 - Perez
655 - Joselu
770 - Gayle

Matt10

Quote from: Twig on January 01, 2018, 05:49:16 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 01, 2018, 05:31:28 PM

Agree, although Ulloa or Mitrovic would hardly be "backup" for Kamara.

In the long run, probably no, but maybe by the time of the signing, Kamara will solidify his starting spot with 6-8 goals :) . At least that will give Slav some to think about.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 01, 2018, 06:29:18 PM
122- Mitrovic
422 - Perez
655 - Joselu
770 - Gayle

I would take Mitrogoal in a heartbeat. 

He is a handful for Premier defenders, let alone Championship.  He also tracks back and creates turnovers. 

As for goalies, I wonder what the process would be if a guy like David Ousted was to come here from MLS.  He's been a great goalie in Vancouver, and would seem to be an improvement on both Betts and Button. 

JoelH5

Quote from: VancouverWhite on January 02, 2018, 07:13:36 AM
Quote from: Asotosyios on January 01, 2018, 06:29:18 PM
122- Mitrovic
422 - Perez
655 - Joselu
770 - Gayle

I would take Mitrogoal in a heartbeat. 

He is a handful for Premier defenders, let alone Championship.  He also tracks back and creates turnovers. 

As for goalies, I wonder what the process would be if a guy like David Ousted was to come here from MLS.  He's been a great goalie in Vancouver, and would seem to be an improvement on both Betts and Button. 

A bit off piste but why are the GKs in the MLS so poor? On the odd occasion I've watched an MLS game the keepers have been aweful!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Tonywa

Without starting a debate about either the quality of Gayle or his suitability for our needs, I seem to recall that it had been confirmed by both Fulham and Newcastle in the summer that a fee had been agreed for the player, but that Newcastle had pulled out at the last minute as they could not find a replacement in time. It was also inferred that the deal would still be valid in January if all affected parties still wished it to go ahead.

Bracken White

Notwithstanding Kamara's brace last Saturday, to my mind there is no doubt we need a proper striker to make us more potent. A CF type would give us other options, look at Matt Smith's goal yesterday - brought them back into the game.
A CB too, that SJ rates - it was rumoured that he was keen to take Craig Cathcart from Watford.
With Klien & his fateful system gone I do hope we can be more focussed this window, with SJ calling the shots. I have noted his 'do business early' comments & as we are poised just below the play-off zone, some strategic incumbents could put us well & truly back on track.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

cmg

Dwight Gayle 17/18
   Premier League   18 games   3 goals   1 asst   318 min/goal   953 min play

Chris Martin 17/18
   Championship   22 games   1 goals   0 asst   830 min/goal   830 min play

Jimmy Hill

Mitrovic will want game time for the world cup, i could see a loan till the end of the season for him working

westcliff white

Quote from: Tonywa on January 02, 2018, 10:36:35 AM
Without starting a debate about either the quality of Gayle or his suitability for our needs, I seem to recall that it had been confirmed by both Fulham and Newcastle in the summer that a fee had been agreed for the player, but that Newcastle had pulled out at the last minute as they could not find a replacement in time. It was also inferred that the deal would still be valid in January if all affected parties still wished it to go ahead.
i dont remember anything coming out of FFC about this, or NUFC to be fair. I thought it was just a newspaper report. Although I am sure there was some truth in there as we have apparently been after him for a couple of years, even before SJ arrived.
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Quote from: Carborundum on December 31, 2017, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: grandad on December 31, 2017, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on December 31, 2017, 08:55:35 PM
Swedish newspapers says we want Sotirios Papagiannopoulos (some German clubs also want him).
Great CB with some other strengths then Ream/Kalas. You can watch him against Arsenal in the Europa league.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sotirios_Papagiannopoulos

Who the hell is going to make up a song with his surname? How does he fit his name on his shirt?
Not sure about a song, but if we manage to sign our own hendecasyllable, I'm expecting poetry in motion.

The programme would also have to be redesigned in order to get his name across the back page.
He would just have to settle for being called Papa.

spikey norman

One of the other forums saying we are interested in loaning Ryan Kent from Liverpool.

Matt10

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 02, 2018, 12:18:42 PM
Mitrovic will want game time for the world cup, i could see a loan till the end of the season for him working

That is a very good point, and something to consider as teams loan out their players. Surely we'll find a WC player who is riding the bench somewhere.