watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Keep waiting for Sergi Enrich's name to pop up again.

19 appearances, 3 goals, 1 assist, 1248 min played. Wonder if Eibar are having a re-think about torpedoing that deal?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

Fan's favourite Diego Rolan has 3 goals in La Liga for struggling Malaga, but has had a load of injury problems.

The bloke I (and one or two others) hoped we'd go for, Namanja Nikolics, took the almighty Dollar and ended up with a MLS-leading 24 in 34 for Chicago.
I have no idea if we were ever in for him or if there was the remotest chance of him coming to us even if we were. I also don't really know what 24 goals in MLS are worth, but he obviously had a decent season (David Villa was second top scorer with 22).

westcliff white

not sure we can loan anymore now Piazon is back, graham was signed as cover till January so guessing we are at the limit. Not sure how many we can have in a match day squad, but think it is 5. We would have that with Ojo, Piazon, Kalas, Norwood and Soares (assuming he gets a look in)
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on January 02, 2018, 03:30:19 PM
not sure we can loan anymore now Piazon is back, graham was signed as cover till January so guessing we are at the limit. Not sure how many we can have in a match day squad, but think it is 5. We would have that with Ojo, Piazon, Kalas, Norwood and Soares (assuming he gets a look in)
you can have five max in matchday squad. Forget Soares that's not happening. So space really for one more matchday squad player if we say other four are always in it, which I think they should be.
Just the views of a long term fan

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cmg on January 02, 2018, 03:14:07 PM

Fan's favourite Diego Rolan has 3 goals in La Liga for struggling Malaga, but has had a load of injury problems.

The bloke I (and one or two others) hoped we'd go for, Namanja Nikolics, took the almighty Dollar and ended up with a MLS-leading 24 in 34 for Chicago.
I have no idea if we were ever in for him or if there was the remotest chance of him coming to us even if we were. I also don't really know what 24 goals in MLS are worth, but he obviously had a decent season (David Villa was second top scorer with 22).

Think you could adjust down for quality of play but also have to account for the heat of summer as well as the considerable travel demands and what that does to the body and mind. MLS does also concentrate more resources on attacking talent as scoring attracts more fans more easily than quality defending. Not trying to create any equivalency. Only trying to state the truth that there are realities the make MLS easier and more difficult at the same time.

in the end, he still has to take the shots and put them on frame. He was very good in the league this season.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2018, 03:45:00 PM
you can have five max in matchday squad. Forget Soares that's not happening. So space really for one more matchday squad player if we say other four are always in it, which I think they should be.

Curious. Is this because he's just not cut out for this league/level? Or, is he suffering Slavisa making a point about recruiting as some have suggested where other players are concerned?

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 02, 2018, 03:52:55 PM

Curious. Is this because he's just not cut out for this league/level? Or, is he suffering Slavisa making a point about recruiting as some have suggested where other players are concerned?
couple of reasons. One apart from two sub apperences Slav has  had enough chance to play him and hasn't. Also although I was told coaches really liked idea of him coming in, the reality is that stamina wise he's not up to it. Don't mix that up with being fit, just very similar to Fredericks when he first came to us.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

couple of reasons. One apart from two sub apperences Slav has  had enough chance to play him and hasn't. Also although I was told coaches really liked idea of him coming in, the reality is that stamina wise he's not up to it. Don't mix that up with being fit, just very similar to Fredericks when he first came to us.

Thank you. So, basically, we are paying to get him in shape for his summer vacation and follow on season with Porto. Woohoo!

JakeFFC

From a report I believe I read (Cant find it unfortunately) I remember the reason being quoted as defensively he was lacking. Supposedly very good going forward and whips in a good ball but just isn't a defender. In my eyes similar to sess in that he is better going forward than defending. This lead Jok to take the decision to stick with Sess to develop him as he is our player. No point playing Soares as an attacking winger when we can play sess there and Odoi LB or play Sess at LB to keep developing him over Soares, especially if Sess defends better.

Fair play to Fulham for sticking with the youth (if indeed I haven't made all this up and it is true) but also a shame as I, like most people, were very excited when he signed for us and were looking forward to seeing him play in a white shirt.

RaySmith

You might think that a fit, young pro athlete could have built up the necessary stamina by now.

I suppose if he's on loan, how long do you think it's worth working with him to get him up to pace, especially if he's lacking in other areas.

Lighthouse

Huddersfield are said to be signing another left back. Malone clearly not made the step up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Quote from: JakeFFC on January 02, 2018, 04:06:33 PM

From a report I believe I read (Cant find it unfortunately) I remember the reason being quoted as defensively he was lacking. Supposedly very good going forward and whips in a good ball but just isn't a defender. In my eyes similar to sess in that he is better going forward than defending. This lead Jok to take the decision to stick with Sess to develop him as he is our player. No point playing Soares as an attacking winger when we can play sess there and Odoi LB or play Sess at LB to keep developing him over Soares, especially if Sess defends better.

Fair play to Fulham for sticking with the youth (if indeed I haven't made all this up and it is true) but also a shame as I, like most people, were very excited when he signed for us and were looking forward to seeing him play in a white shirt.

Maybe we bought him as cover in case Sess left in the summer
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
Huddersfield are said to be signing another left back. Malone clearly not made the step up.

Sounds like he'll be playing centre back.

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 02, 2018, 04:02:10 PM

Thank you. So, basically, we are paying to get him in shape for his summer vacation and follow on season with Porto. Woohoo!
no, he's fit, there is a difference as I said.

MJG

Fredericks has improved his stamina, call it fitness if you like but to me it's different.
But even now Fredericks still struggles late on in games at times. He loses both stamina and concentration.
It's just all players have different levels of stamina, some look ok all game long, others you can see physically tire.

JoelH5

Quote from: MJG on January 02, 2018, 05:23:16 PM
Fredericks has improved his stamina, call it fitness if you like but to me it's different.
But even now Fredericks still struggles late on in games at times. He loses both stamina and concentration.
It's just all players have different levels of stamina, some look ok all game long, others you can see physically tire.

Definitely agree with this and I think it's one of the biggest factors between semi-pro/lower league players and those at the top.

I go to watch quite a bit of lower league stuff and in the last 15, 20 mins, you can see how fatigued the players are. They lose concentration and also composure and start making mistakes. Top level pros are able to stay as composed in the 90th minute as they are in the 1st.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

ToodlesMcToot

Forget who it was that was stumping for Cyle Larin (Orlando City FC) as a possible Fulham option at striker but, it appears he's headed to Borussia Munchingefiltefish (close enough).

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/01/02/report-borussia-monchengladbach-win-race-sign-orlandos-cyle-larin

Matt10

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 02, 2018, 06:17:28 PM
Forget who it was that was stumping for Cyle Larin (Orlando City FC) as a possible Fulham option at striker but, it appears he's headed to Borussia Munchingefiltefish (close enough).

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/01/02/report-borussia-monchengladbach-win-race-sign-orlandos-cyle-larin

That's a good signing for them. Living in Sporting KC land, we would have a bit of difficulty facing Larin. He was also well supplied by Kaka though, but has tremendous upside.

f321ffc

Fulham and QPR are both interested in a move for PSG midfielder Christopher N'Kunku, according to Calciomercato.

The 20 year-old has reportedly told the Ligue 1 side that he wants to leave the club in January. This has left Championship duo Fulham and QPR on red alert.

N'Kunku was born in Lagny-sur-Marne near Paris. He has represented France at U16, U19 and U20 level. He was once tipped as one of PSG's brightest young talents but his chances have been limited over the past year or so. This has mainly be due to the club spending huge amounts of money on players in N'Kunku's position and he has found it hard to battle for a starting position.

As a youngster, N'Kunku played for AS Marolles and RCP Fontainebleau before joining PSG in January. e made his debut in December 2015, coming on from the bench for PSG in the 87th minute in a Champions League fixture against Shaktar Donesk.

He made sixteen appearances for PSG in all competitions last season, with only eight coming in Ligue 1 which were mostly off the bench. His chances this season have been even fewer which have left him wanting a move away.

N'Kunku would be an ambitious signing for either Fulham or QPR. They have both made slow starts to the Championship season and will be looking for some reinforcements to bolster their ranks as they look to climb up the table. The signing of N'Kunku from PSG would certainly be an eyebrow raiser if one of them could pull it off in January.

http://the72.co.uk/93926/fulham-qpr-battle-shock-deal-psg-midfielder/
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

DevonFFC

So apart from rehashed things about a PSG player there is absolutely no one our club is linked too, surely some one can make up some rumour for us all to get excited about and cling too