more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 07, 2018, 10:03:23 PM
Anyway this whole thread is making me angry, we all know that this window will be a complete waste of time and disappointment! Posts of a wish list signing reminds me of my Christmas wish list, but I didn't get any of the presents I wanted and the Mrs is still here! We live in hope though!!

No hope and Bob Hope.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Matt10 on January 07, 2018, 08:02:47 PM
I think Grabban and Targett are fantastic possible signings. Grabban has 12 goals this year, and Targett has good size and speed with a solid left foot. Imagining him paired up with Sess on the left side + Johansen...goodness, boys. Get excited.

Plus Johansen? He's been awful this season.

Riversider

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 07, 2018, 10:52:31 PM
I think Grabban and Targett are fantastic possible signings. Grabban has 12 goals this year, and Targett has good size and speed with a solid left foot. Imagining him paired up with Sess on the left side + Johansen...goodness, boys. Get excited.

Can we throw Sean Kavanagh in as well , that should tip the deal our way 😉

JoelH5

I think Johansen has actually had a few great games, albeit infrequently.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Grabbans 12 goals were very much in the McCormack ilk in terms of everything goes through him, team built around him and to his strengths. And him asking to cut short his loan is very Chris Martin-esque.

Making same mistakes with different players in my opinion.

JoelH5

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 07, 2018, 11:05:21 PM

Grabbans 12 goals were very much in the McCormack ilk in terms of everything goes through him, team built around him and to his strengths. And him asking to cut short his loan is very Chris Martin-esque.

I agree however... if we could put up with it for 5 months, that may be enough
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Riversider

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 07, 2018, 11:05:21 PM

Bournemouth had a clause in the deal so that they could recall him if an offer came in for a permanent deal, and thats whats now happened so theyve recalled him.

Twig

Just interested, do you ever credit someone with having been excellent?

Twig

Targett would  be yet another loan and only half a season. Can't get excited about that. Would such a signing make SJ look silly? Of course not.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on January 08, 2018, 12:09:38 AM

Just interested, do you ever credit someone with having been excellent?

Ream was excellent on Saturday.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: davew on January 07, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Hopefully this time I will reply to the right thread (Lol). The young Forest 18 year old striker was very impressive today, did more in 1 game than Fonte has done all season for us, straight swop or maybe pay them 2m and give them Rui?

They'll charge big bucks for him. He's young and English. Won't happen.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Twig on January 08, 2018, 12:11:29 AM
Targett would  be yet another loan and only half a season. Can't get excited about that. Would such a signing make SJ look silly? Of course not.

Its a clever move. Most likely, Sess will be leaving in the summer. We need a LB to compliment Sessegnon, which Targett supposedly will do. Our approach in the summer could be different, as a more attacking full back may be necessary. So long as Targett takes away defensive duties for Sessegnon for a few months, its a good idea to revisit the whole situation in July.

twang

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 08, 2018, 08:15:38 AM
Quote from: davew on January 07, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Hopefully this time I will reply to the right thread (Lol). The young Forest 18 year old striker was very impressive today, did more in 1 game than Fonte has done all season for us, straight swop or maybe pay them 2m and give them Rui?

They'll charge big bucks for him. He's young and English. Won't happen.

Yep, he's their Ryan Sess and will only move for big money to a Prem team.

Holders

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 08, 2018, 08:31:37 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 08, 2018, 12:11:29 AM

Its a clever move. Most likely, Sess will be leaving in the summer. We need a LB to compliment Sessegnon, which Targett supposedly will do. Our approach in the summer could be different, as a more attacking full back may be necessary. So long as Targett takes away defensive duties for Sessegnon for a few months, its a good idea to revisit the whole situation in July.

"Oh well played, Ryan".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DevonFFC

Fulham are looking at buying FC Köln forward Sehrou Guirassy, who has scored 4 goals in 12 games this season in a struggling Köln side. The fee would be around £4.5 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons. #FFC #Fulham #Köln

Hoppus

Quote from: ollienixs on January 08, 2018, 12:26:27 PM
Fulham are looking at buying FC Köln forward Sehrou Guirassy, who has scored 4 goals in 12 games this season in a struggling Köln side. The fee would be around £4.5 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons. #FFC #Fulham #Köln

Source?

twang

We were rumoured to be very keen on him during the summer but he chose Köln over us. Interesting.

junior white

Quote from: twang on January 08, 2018, 12:40:12 PM

We were rumoured to be very keen on him during the summer but he chose Köln over us. Interesting.
suffers with a a lot of muscle based injuries