https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

keithh

JB said "I want to go to a bigger club!" Hmmmm Hull.................

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 15, 2018, 05:31:35 PM
Talksport.....Cameron Jerome having medical at Derby...Chris Martin told he can go?
Ha ha,couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hovewhite on January 15, 2018, 06:07:52 PM
Talksport.....Cameron Jerome having medical at Derby...Chris Martin told he can go?

If Jerome signs he further down pecking order.

Count Flapula

Quote from: hovewhite on January 15, 2018, 06:07:52 PM

He's on a good wedge for a Championship player. Get the feeling that might put off a few suitors and he'll either go out on loan or stay and pick up his wages while playing for the reserves.

BedsFFC

Quote from: ollienixs on January 15, 2018, 04:06:12 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-boss-alan-pardew-11855832

West Brom boss Alan Pardew makes £15million move for Fulham skipper Tom Cairney - Mirror Online

West Brom are in talks with Fulham over a move for Tom Cairney.

The Baggies are ready to launch a move for the ta lent ed midfielder this month and are prepared to pay up to £15m for Cairney.

They are understood to have tested the water with an opening approach of £12million.

Cairney, 26, was the subject of a £20million bid from Newcastle last summer which Fulham rejected.

But the Cottagers are weighing up the latest interest as they consider cashing in on Cairney to raise funds to buy a striker.

PBP_SAH_WL171663_0518.jpg
Cairney in Cottagers' action(Image: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)
Fulham-v-Ipswich-Town-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Cairney has managed just one goal this term(Image: 2018 Getty Images)
Pardew picked up his first win at the weekend(Image: Action Images via Reuters)
Cairney was only on the bench for the win at Middlesbrough on Saturday, having been struggling with a recurrence of a knee injury.

The Cottagers skipper has made 17 appearances in the Championship this term, scoring just once.

I feel bad saying this as he is our Mr Fulham at the moment but it woukdnt be unfair to say that the biggest diffrence this season is not aluko or (god, ive forgotten his name ...left back) but its actually the fitness and form of TC.
To be sitting in a better position than last season without our Captain is quite amazing really

hovewhite

Martin is on a nice fat contract so think he couldn't care less!

Bracken White

Why do we need £15/£20M to buy a striker? Understood we had funds available & also weren't going to sell unnecessarily this window. Unnerved the bid hasn't been rejected.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

f321ffc

Quote from: hovewhite on January 15, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
Martin is on a nice fat contract so think he couldn't care less!
When he did his disappearing act he signed a new improved contract with Derby with extra pies as an incentive so I guess he's not that fussed about moving.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BestOfBrede

It's been stated many times: we are NOT selling our best players!
This is fake news and some ass filling space!
For gods sake, if we were selling to buy a striker we could sell Ryan for silly money!
Tom is our main player, our captain and Leader!
He has said himself that he loves it here and is playing the best football of his career!
Don't forget he's under contract and would have to agree that he wants to leave - NO chance!

Joseffc

Quote from: Bracken White on January 15, 2018, 06:14:42 PM
Why do we need £15/£20M to buy a striker? Understood we had funds available & also weren't going to sell unnecessarily this window. Unnerved the bid hasn't been rejected.

If the bid even existed at all... first appeared in The Mirror, so there's hope this is all just paper talk...

Fulham Tup North

There is always the possibility that it is TC who is pushing for a move?
i don't think he would, but if he gets the chance of Prem football, why not?  Unfortunately Money talks..... Players walk  :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Deeping_white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 15, 2018, 06:35:58 PM
There is always the possibility that it is TC who is pushing for a move?
i don't think he would, but if he gets the chance of Prem football, why not?  Unfortunately Money talks..... Players walk  :(

Then surely you'd go to Newcastle in the summer, or last January, rather than second bottom of the prem and more than likely to get relegated back into the championship West Brom. Money talks yes but he's got a brain inside his head and I doubt he'd want to leave London for the midlands with a high chance of being back in this league next season anyway.

filham

Surely this talk of a move for Cairney just hast be paper talk at its most stupid.

Cairney has been troubled by his dodgy knee all season and it has regularly failed to respond to treatment. No club would  risk millions in this way.
This just has to be loose irresponsible paper talk.

hovewhite

All fake news TC Loves being here and we love him
Fake news coyw

Tooting legend

I would sell for £15 million if true. Last season he was great injury free. This season a dodgy knee that's kept him out quite a lot of the season. Use the money on a decent striker we still have a great midfield.

mkras99

Rui Miguel Martins‏
@futebolfactory
Follow Follow @futebolfactory
More
Left-back Rafa Soares, currently on loan at English Championship side Fulham from FC Porto, has reportedly returned to Portugal to resolve his future. Has been used sparingly this season. Good player. Deserves better.

Friendsoffulham

Left-back Rafa Soares, currently on loan at English Championship side Fulham from FC Porto, has reportedly returned to Portugal to resolve his future. Has been used sparingly this season. Good player. Deserves better.

Rambler

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 15, 2018, 08:37:08 PM
I would sell for £15 million if true. Last season he was great injury free. This season a dodgy knee that's kept him out quite a lot of the season. Use the money on a decent striker we still have a great midfield.

I'm not so sure. If we sell we really do need another influential playmaker.
Norwood, Johansen and Mcdonald is fat far weaker than Cairney, Johansen and Mcdonald.
Reinvest that 15 mil in an attacking mid.
But we'll need a really good find and I don't trust our scouting/transfer department to succeed on that in 15 days so my argument is don't sell him

colinwhite