watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Gayle coming in would be a great signing if it happens and until he signs a contract at FFC then it will be just talk

grandad

Not convinced about Gayle. Similar to what we already have though slightly more clinical in finishing. Bit of a sick note lately. At 1.77 metres tall it does not address our ability to score from corners & set pieces.Big gamble for £13 mil. Been down that road before.
I would be devastated if we sold Cairney at a cut price to get Gayle. We would then also have to replace our engine room. Where is that money going to come from, and don´t say Sess.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Roberty

We can be thankful - SSN have described him as a "veteran" - so he must be too old for us

MARTIN AVAILABLE FOR LOAN

Chris Martin is available for loan with Derby poised to sign striker Cameron Jerome, Sky Sports News understands.

One source has told us that Reading are one of the clubs interested in the veteran forward.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

JoelH5

Quote from: grandad on January 16, 2018, 03:37:59 PM
Not convinced about Gayle. Similar to what we already have though slightly more clinical in finishing. Bit of a sick note lately. At 1.77 metres tall it does not address our ability to score from corners & set pieces.Big gamble for £13 mil. Been down that road before.
I would be devastated if we sold Cairney at a cut price to get Gayle. We would then also have to replace our engine room. Where is that money going to come from, and don´t say Sess.

Have to disagree. Gayle is faster than Fonte and Kamara, has experience in this league and is more clinical. He was also the top 3rd scorer in the league last year, both 1 and 2 now playing in the Prem.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 16, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

Have to disagree. Gayle is faster than Fonte and Kamara, has experience in this league and is more clinical. He was also the top 3rd scorer in the league last year, both 1 and 2 now playing in the Prem.

I for one will be very happy if he signs. If he does what he did for Newcastle last season then we shall cement a play off place and have a great chance of winning them. He's a finisher at this level. He may even be half decent in the prem in a team that plays to his strengths in an area where he is settled. This is a good move for me, even at 13 million.

Tabby

From the same guy as the Gayle tweet

More changes expected at Newcastle with Shelvey strongly linked with West Ham United. Rafa has identified Tom Cairney as a possible replacement, Tom will cost at least £15million with West Brom also interested. Fulham are also reluctant to sell. #ffc #WBAFC #NUFC #WHUFC

So I guess we could have a bidding war to run up the price at least if Cairney was to go.

Holders

I don't see that Gayle coming in would necessarily mead that Cairney had to go. Indeed, as I recall, back in the summer Newcastle tried to make Gayle contingent on that but we said "no". Allegedly it was their failing to bring someone in as replacement that scuppered it then so the cash was available. If it were to happen my main regret would be the half-season without him. Who knows? We can only watch and see what happens. The club has a habit of not doing what's being reported.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

TC I would doubt with a suspect knee we would get top dollar for him because if the medical staff know what it is,would clubs take a risk?

grandad

Benitez has stated that he won´t let Gayle go anywhere until he finds a replacement. Deja vu.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham76

Agree with you about losing Cairney.

I think Gayle will be a decent signing for any championship club but given the choice between signing him & keeping Cairney, I would keep Cairney every time.

Although, can't see us spending that sort of money on anyone, even if we do sell Cairney or Sessegnon, we'll continue to shop/loan cheaply & that money would be swallowed up somewhere else.

Southcoastffc

Jack Rodwell, 26, asked to leave the club and Sunderland have offered to cancel his £60,000-a-week contract, the Press Association reported on Monday.

His deal, which has 18 months left, does not include Sunderland's usual 40% wage reduction clause in the event of relegation.  Someone will snap him up and either get a fabulous player or he'll be just another ex potential start who fades from the game.  Unlikely to be us I suppose.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 16, 2018, 01:16:38 PM
Quote from: Roberty on January 16, 2018, 01:11:16 PM
Our recruitment team need to get their finger out - we seem to have missed out on another striker  :005:

Derby County have agreed a fee of £1.5m with Norwich City for striker Cameron Jerome, according to Sky sources.

The player will undergo a medical in Derby on Tuesday afternoon.

This certainly suggests Martin is leaving. I'm not hugely worried about this - 1 goal this season.

£1.5m for Jerome to replace Martin who we were prepared to pay £9m for, I am getting the feeling we are overpaying for strikers.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2018, 04:20:29 PM
Our recruitment team need to get their finger out - we seem to have missed out on another striker  :005:

Derby County have agreed a fee of £1.5m with Norwich City for striker Cameron Jerome, according to Sky sources.

This certainly suggests Martin is leaving. I'm not hugely worried about this - 1 goal this season.

£1.5m for Jerome to replace Martin who we were prepared to pay £9m for, I am getting the feeling we are overpaying for strikers.

We are paying 9 million for Martin?!!! That has to be rumor. Can't see that happening.....at least not without selling a major contributor first, which we are continually reminded that we have no intention of doing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SuffolkWhite

Martin's stock has decreased, cant see him costing that amount now. £4M maybe tops.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 16, 2018, 04:28:29 PM

We are paying 9 million for Martin?!!! That has to be rumor. Can't see that happening.....at least not without selling a major contributor first, which we are continually reminded that we have no intention of doing.

Past tense. Doesn't he mean that we were prepared to pay 9m for last summer if wed made his loan perm?

Riverside

I would be delighted if we signed Gayle . Be remarkable if we could find better .

However I do agree I would not sell Cairney to buy him . Unless of course Cairney's knee if never going to be fully healed ( then surely he would fail any medical )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 16, 2018, 04:40:18 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 16, 2018, 04:28:29 PM

Past tense. Doesn't he mean that we were prepared to pay 9m for last summer if wed made his loan perm?

Apologies. Obviously, I misread your post.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

Quote from: Riverside on January 16, 2018, 05:25:12 PM

I would be delighted if we signed Gayle . Be remarkable if we could find better .

However I do agree I would not sell Cairney to buy him . Unless of course Cairney's knee if never going to be fully healed ( then surely he would fail any medical )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't see us signing martin,nor Gayle for that matter.As for TC don't think he will leave.
Plus wise AK47 improving( v Boro against a PL defender in Gibson)
But happy with AK ,plus we are improving every game I believe.

mkras99

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/calciomercato-fulham-piace-lex-catania-leto

01/16/18 17:58| Calciomercato | Author: Editorial Staff
There is Fulham in the future of Sebastian Leto , Argentinian striker already seen in Serie A with the shirt of Catania . The '86-born footballer, currently released after the experience at the Emirates Club, has in fact become a more than concrete goal for the club of Craven Cottage, interested in the arrival of the player. That after Serie A and the Greek championship (with Panathinaikos) could live, in England, his third European experience, wearing the shirt of Fulham.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 16, 2018, 03:01:57 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 16, 2018, 02:56:09 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 16, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
John Harriott

@JHFootballAgent
55m55 minutes ago
More
Dwight Gayle will sign for Fulham this transfer window. The figure is believed to be in the region of £13million. Dwight is keen for a move back down south. #NUFC #FFC
+1 
MINCE...MINCE....Did you hear!!!  :)

He's fainted
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.