The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: cmg on January 18, 2018, 10:28:41 AM
Quote from: twang on January 18, 2018, 10:14:34 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 18, 2018, 09:58:09 AM
Ulloa off to Villa by reports.

Devastating and depressing news if true.

Blimey, mate. I'd fear for your health and sanity if you ever received any really bad news - like your cat caught fire or your garden shed got run over by a bus or we'd resigned Chris Martin.

If you really want to feel depressed, read the economic forecasters in the 'Shahid Khan' thread....On second thoughts, don't. I started to and it's taken two cups of strong espresso to unfreeze my brain. :dft012:

Melancholy is my middle name. And I'm not a cat person so as long as I steer well clear of the Shahid Khan thread I'll be able to get on.

But seriously, Ulloa is everything we need and now is the time to 'do everething it takes' to help the team to kick on. So if Ulloa instead goes to a rival it would mean that he was available and would be a huge missed opportunity by the people running the transfers.

David I

Last day panic buy Peter Crouch or Emile Heskey or Alan Shearer for £18 million?

cmg

Quote from: twang on January 18, 2018, 10:38:02 AM

Blimey, mate. I'd fear for your health and sanity if you ever received any really bad news - like your cat caught fire or your garden shed got run over by a bus or we'd resigned Chris Martin.

If you really want to feel depressed, read the economic forecasters in the 'Shahid Khan' thread....On second thoughts, don't. I started to and it's taken two cups of strong espresso to unfreeze my brain. :dft012:

Melancholy is my middle name. And I'm not a cat person so as long as I steer well clear of the Shahid Khan thread I'll be able to get on.

But seriously, Ulloa is everything we need and now is the time to 'do everething it takes' to help the team to kick on. So if Ulloa instead goes to a rival it would mean that he was available and would be a huge missed opportunity by the people running the transfers.

....unless we sign somebody even better!
Ok, ok....I'm an irredeemable optimist. In the final reel of Titanic I still think Kate's going to rescue Leo, they patch up the hole in the boat and all sail happily off into the sunset.

Deeping_white

He's scored 7 goals in the last two and a half seasons (1 last season and 6 the year before) and is yet to score this season, why does everyone think he'll be the missing piece of the puzzle? Yes he's scored at almost 1 in 2 in the championship but he's also not played in the championship in 3 and a half years, added to the fact he's hardly played this season so won't be match fit or be overly sharp to drop into a team chasing promotion.

JoelH5

Quote from: David I on January 18, 2018, 10:44:21 AM
Last day panic buy Peter Crouch or Emile Heskey or Alan Shearer for £18 million?

I'd take Crouch in a heartbeat! haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Riverside

Ulloa certainly is what we need .

He would be a great loan but at 31 a questionable buy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bracken White

Mark Hughes rated Crouchie - Paul Lambert? Who knows. Despite his age he could do a great job for us & is a top bloke, too.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

hovewhite

Crouch a good player with a great touch and scores goals to boot,that would be a hell of a signing Fulham!

twang

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 18, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

He's scored 7 goals in the last two and a half seasons (1 last season and 6 the year before) and is yet to score this season, why does everyone think he'll be the missing piece of the puzzle? Yes he's scored at almost 1 in 2 in the championship but he's also not played in the championship in 3 and a half years, added to the fact he's hardly played this season so won't be match fit or be overly sharp to drop into a team chasing promotion.

Buy a player from the lower leagues - can he make the ste up?
Buy a player from abroad - can he adjust to the new country and league?
Buy a player from the same league - will he actually improve us?
Buy a player from the league above - hasn't played much or hasn't performed

There will always be question marks no matter who we sign but Ulloa has proven himself in the Championship and was an integral role player in the Leicester side that won the title. But the fact of the matter is that he's not good enough for a team with Leicesters ambitions since then.

The most important thing, for me, is that he's exactly the right type of player for us and of course the fact that he was a beast at Brighton. He's big, strong and can hold the ball up but he's also a poacher.
Gayle, for example, might be a better player and have a better record but I'm not so sure it's that type of striker we need.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on January 18, 2018, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 18, 2018, 10:11:45 AM

Grabban to Cardiff, Ulloa to Villa.. why is it so hard for Fulham to sign a striker?

The recruitment team think our squad is good enough already.

The recruitment team are not good enough or qualified enough to make such a irresponsible and out of touch statement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on January 18, 2018, 11:23:54 AM
Crouch a good player with a great touch and scores goals to boot,that would be a hell of a signing Fulham!

It most certainly would.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Rambler

There is literally nothing happening. I think the stats boys and recruitment team have all
Gone on sabbatical this month

Deeping_white

How about offering Jack Rodwell a deal - Sunderland will let him walk for free and he could make a half decent backup for Kmac. Obviously you'd have to tell him to take over a 50% wage cut owing to the fact he's on 70k a week, but I reckon Slav could get some of his potential out of him still.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: twang on January 18, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

There will always be question marks no matter who we sign but Ulloa has proven himself in the Championship and was an integral role player in the Leicester side that won the title. But the fact of the matter is that he's not good enough for a team with Leicesters ambitions since then.

The most important thing, for me, is that he's exactly the right type of player for us and of course the fact that he was a beast at Brighton. He's big, strong and can hold the ball up but he's also a poacher.
Gayle, for example, might be a better player and have a better record but I'm not so sure it's that type of striker we need.

He wasn't integral in their league win. He scored 6 times and started 7 games. He's played 19mins all this season and is 31. I am delighted it doesn't look like we are going there.

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 18, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

He wasn't integral in their league win. He scored 6 times and started 7 games. He's played 19mins all this season and is 31. I am delighted it doesn't look like we are going there.

Personaly I would love us to sign Ulloa. If not then Crouch for a season would be ok.

Riverside

Is nothing happening or nothing is being concluded ?

Is Tony Khan needed to be at Motspur Park for the sign off of incoming transfers ?  . I assume not .

If he is
1) nothing will happen until Tuesday earliest as he will be with the Jags Sunday .
2) we could have a real problem if the Jags win on Sunday as the Super Bowl is not until 4 Feb . ( I would hope though he would come for a couple of days if he was needed to sign off something ! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

twang

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 18, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

Try reading that again. He featured in virtually every game for the best team in the country and did his part.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: hovewhite on January 18, 2018, 11:23:54 AM
and Abby Clancy might come and watch him play as well :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cmg

Quote from: Riverside on January 18, 2018, 12:55:26 PM
Is nothing happening or nothing is being concluded ?

Is Tony Khan needed to be at Motspur Park for the sign off of incoming transfers ?  . I assume not .

If he is
1) nothing will happen until Tuesday earliest as he will be with the Jags Sunday .
2) we could have a real problem if the Jags win on Sunday as the Super Bowl is not until 4 Feb . ( I would hope though he would come for a couple of days if he was needed to sign off something ! )

Not being an insider, I have no idea about this sort of stuff. But I believe the electric telephone is available in this part of Surrey and, provided Mr Marconi's cable has been connected, fairly rapid communication with the New World is not an impossibility.