Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 18, 2018, 03:20:23 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 18, 2018, 03:08:26 PM
-.-. --- -.-- .--
There is also Morse Code.
Translate the above letters.

My Mum was a radio operator in the war and had to listen and translate and send Morse Code. As a kid I used to be fairly good. Now sadly it has mostly gone. However I concur with the message.
... _ _ _ ...

mrmicawbers

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 18, 2018, 07:52:56 PM
-.-. --- -.-- .--

My Mum was a radio operator in the war and had to listen and translate and send Morse Code. As a kid I used to be fairly good. Now sadly it has mostly gone. However I concur with the message.
... _ _ _ ...
I was once a Sea Cadet

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 18, 2018, 07:53:50 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on January 18, 2018, 07:52:56 PM
-.-. --- -.-- .--

... _ _ _ ...
I was once a Sea Cadet
Me too... Ready Aye Ready :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

choice_of_ends

Graham gone, Madl gone, Sigurdsson gone! Somebody has started to clean up the squad.
Wouldn't be surprised, if some more players leave this January window, like Cisse, Mollo, Soares, Djalo.
Wondering who will join us till the end of this transfer period - or if not, has there ever been such a plucked squad, succeeded for promotion to the premier league?! Without CF, without LB, without CB backup?!

MrD1879

Surely even we wouldn't be so stupid as to leave ourselves with so little defensive cover....unfortunatly I think I know the answer to that just hope I'm wrong!

Left back on loan centre back purchased and striker purchased is what we need so fully expect the first two to fall through and us to drag Carlton Cole out of retirement haha  :wine:

ffc73

Quote from: MrD1879 on January 18, 2018, 09:43:22 PM
Surely even we wouldn't be so stupid as to leave ourselves with so little defensive cover....unfortunatly I think I know the answer to that just hope I'm wrong!

A CB on loan & a CB that does not make the bench have both permanently left the club along with a winger that never looked like making it with us. Hardly stupid outgoings in my view & i'm not panicking if they are not replaced.

davew

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2018, 08:51:54 PM
Are we in a transfer window? Being a Fulham fan, I hadn't noticed.
Being a Fulham fan you should have noticed we are not participating in a transfer window, the old golf cliché...par for the course!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Left back on loan centre back purchased and striker purchased is what we need so fully expect the first two to fall through and us to drag Carlton Cole out of retirement haha  :wine:
How long have you been supporting Fulham??? Of course we no sorry not us but them would leave us short (AGAIN)....but I still have the belief that Khan and his merry band will pluck a few rabbits out of the hat at the last minute, or where is Paul Daniels when you need him?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hoppus

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 18, 2018, 10:25:55 PM

How long have you been supporting Fulham??? Of course we no sorry not us but them would leave us short (AGAIN)....but I still have the belief that Khan and his merry band will pluck a few rabbits out of the hat at the last minute, or where is Paul Daniels when you need him?

The only person that could have plucked a few Rabbits out of the hat was Tommy Cooper.  The merry band couldn't even find a hat to pluck a Rabbit out of.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Hoppus on January 18, 2018, 11:06:03 PM
Sunderland are closing in on Chris Martin:
https://t.co/h1RNnsxg6O
That will help keep Sunderland up, a Striker with one goal to his season so far!
Best place for him 😀⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Asotosyios

Fulham matching Swansea City in the race for Norwich City striker

Fulham are matching Swansea City in the race to sign Norwich City's Nelson Oliveira according to odds priced by Bet Victor.

While Norwich have already got rid of one striker during this transfer window after Cameron Jerome completed a move to Derby County, there are still reports that they would be happy to sell another one of their forwards with Oliveira being linked with a move away. This has alerted plenty of teams who are said to be interested in signing the Portuguese striker.

At the moment, there are two favourites to sign the Oliveira. From the Sky Bet Championship there is Fulham who are looking to sign a new striker after the deal to bring Rui Fonte to the club hasn't worked out well for either party. They have been priced at 4/1. But they are joint favourites with a side from the Premier League with Swansea City being given the same odds to sign Oliveira as the Cottagers. Their new head coach Carlos Carvalhal is looking to bring in extra recruits to make sure they don't get relegated to the Championship.

But they aren't the only teams that the bookies think could sign Oliveira during this transfer window. Just behind Fulham and Swansea is Nottingham Forest who are familiar with the former Benfica man having had him on loan during the 2015/16 season. They have been given odds of 8/1. Several other Sky Bet Championship teams have been given 8/1 odds to sign Oliveira with Wolves, Cardiff City, Sunderland, Birmingham City and Leeds United all being priced at that level.

http://the72.co.uk/96967/fulham-nottingham-forest-trailing-swansea-city-race-norwich-city-striker/

Matt10

He's quality. Needs to go play in the prem to be honest. He was fantastic against Chelsea. Can't imagine him turning down an offer to play with the big boys. I want him for Fulham, badly, but I'm not sure if we'll win the battle.

We Are Premier League

Wildschut to Cardiff, Naismith to Hearts, Jerome to Derby, Pritchard to Hudds, Martin to Rangers, Franke to Germany...quite severe clear-out in Norwich! Might just as well sell Oliveira to us while they doors are open...

..FOF..

If Oliveira comes, do you see him pairing up with Fonte up front as an experiment?

This is based on how Joka still having faith in Fonte.

Matt10

Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 19, 2018, 03:19:50 AM
If Oliveira comes, do you see him pairing up with Fonte up front as an experiment?

This is based on how Joka still having faith in Fonte.

I'm not sure we've seen enough of Kamara and Fonte on the same pitch even. Fonte needs a hold up player so he can be on the end of things. I think it would bode well for Fonte to have Oliviera as a direct competitor though.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on January 19, 2018, 12:41:19 AM

He's quality. Needs to go play in the prem to be honest. He was fantastic against Chelsea. Can't imagine him turning down an offer to play with the big boys. I want him for Fulham, badly, but I'm not sure if we'll win the battle.

Oliveira was quality against Chelsea?? Didnt watch it but everyone I've spoke to said he was dreadful

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 19, 2018, 06:33:15 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 19, 2018, 12:41:19 AM

Oliveira was quality against Chelsea?? Didnt watch it but everyone I've spoke to said he was dreadful

Good player,but according to a couple of Norwich fans in my area he has a problem that he thinks he Messi and tells everyone, cant hack it when he on the bench and not the most liked.