https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

Quote from: Matt10 on January 19, 2018, 03:33:17 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on January 19, 2018, 03:19:50 AM
If Oliveira comes, do you see him pairing up with Fonte up front as an experiment?

This is based on how Joka still having faith in Fonte.

I'm not sure we've seen enough of Kamara and Fonte on the same pitch even. Fonte needs a hold up player so he can be on the end of things. I think it would bode well for Fonte to have Oliviera as a direct competitor though.

True, true... that might work too.

A fellow countryman to push each other... Fonte issues seems more "personal".

MrD1879

Crouch linked with Chelsea and Rodallega with West Brom have I just woken up and it's 2009 is Roy still in charge? Have the last 5 years been a horrible dream

JoelH5

Quote from: MrD1879 on January 19, 2018, 07:48:41 AM
Crouch linked with Chelsea and Rodallega with West Brom have I just woken up and it's 2009 is Roy still in charge? Have the last 5 years been a horrible dream

One can only dream
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on January 19, 2018, 12:41:19 AM
He's quality. Needs to go play in the prem to be honest. He was fantastic against Chelsea. Can't imagine him turning down an offer to play with the big boys. I want him for Fulham, badly, but I'm not sure if we'll win the battle.
Another great candidate for taking a penalty (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 19, 2018, 01:42:01 AM
Wildschut to Cardiff, Naismith to Hearts, Jerome to Derby, Pritchard to Hudds, Martin to Rangers, Franke to Germany...quite severe clear-out in Norwich! Might just as well sell Oliveira to us while they doors are open...
No thanks!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobby01

Quote from: davew on January 19, 2018, 08:40:46 AM
He's quality. Needs to go play in the prem to be honest. He was fantastic against Chelsea. Can't imagine him turning down an offer to play with the big boys. I want him for Fulham, badly, but I'm not sure if we'll win the battle.
Another great candidate for taking a penalty (lol).

Funny how we see things differently, I thought he was average, not much better than what we have and would be no great improvement. Just my opinion.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 19, 2018, 06:51:12 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 19, 2018, 06:33:15 AM

Oliveira was quality against Chelsea?? Didnt watch it but everyone I've spoke to said he was dreadful

Good player,but according to a couple of Norwich fans in my area he has a problem that he thinks he Messi and tells everyone, cant hack it when he on the bench and not the most liked.

I heard he got serious problems with his attitude, and that he is very selfish as a player. But they do not doubt his skills.

I really hope that we can sign a striker with experience from the Championship. We seriously need a "commanding physical defender" and a striker that can score goals. All the other teams fighting for playoffs do strengthen their team, we should to!

filham

Quote from: Matt10 on January 18, 2018, 05:50:44 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 18, 2018, 05:28:24 PM
Reference to Crouch. We can´t cross a ball & we don´t play hoof ball so what use would he be to us. Wouldn´t want us to change our style just to justify having Crouch.

Exactly. Player suggestions that don't match our style does not make sense.
Well I think that it would be nice to have the option to switch to that style when we are not breaking down a defence. However Jocanovic never wants to do that, he persists in the slow short passing game right up to the final whistle. Jocanovic would most probably consider it a waste of bench space having Carol or Crooks in the squad.

MJG

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2018, 12:00:07 PM
Reference to Crouch. We can´t cross a ball & we don´t play hoof ball so what use would he be to us. Wouldn´t want us to change our style just to justify having Crouch.

Well I think that it would be nice to have the option to switch to that style when we are not breaking down a defence. However Jocanovic never wants to do that, he persists in the slow short passing game right up to the final whistle. Jocanovic would most probably consider it a waste of bench space having Carol or Crooks in the squad.

Well to be fair to Joka in the last 20 minutes of games we are the top goalscorers in the championship and in last ten minutes joint 3rd best. So could be argued we are playing exactly the right way and just need to have faith in the style and process that wears teams down.
Just the views of a long term fan

hovewhite

Piontless moaning about way we play,as it's working plan A At this time and also even when TC is off the pitch,so well done slavs and the team.coyw

filham

Quote from: MJG on January 19, 2018, 02:52:37 PM

Well to be fair to Joka in the last 20 minutes of games we are the top goalscorers in the championship and in last ten minutes joint 3rd best. So could be argued we are playing exactly the right way and just need to have faith in the style and process that wears teams down.
Thanks for that data MJG, I will try to remember it during those often last ten tense minutes a the Cottage when the game is in the balance and we are all closing our eyes and biting our nails.

MJG

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2018, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 19, 2018, 02:52:37 PM

Thanks for that data MJG, I will try to remember it during those often last ten tense minutes a the Cottage when the game is in the balance and we are all closing our eyes and biting our nails.
Its not perfect but we do wear teams down with the passing, especially when chasing.
Also Joka has brought on an extra defender a couple of times when games were tight at the end, so he does do it sometimes.
Just the views of a long term fan

Holders

There's no doubt that we do play until the end of the game and sometimes "nick" a result - in contrast to so many earlier seasons when we had a habit of conceding late. I had put that down just to better/more vehement instruction but perhaps it is due to the passing game. That was even more conspicuous in the Tigana days when we could tire the opposition out by half-time by just letting them chase our passes, seemingly from standing positions.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

S.F.Sorrow

This is a very good point. If Jokanovic wanted a "plan B" striker he could have used Matt Smith. He clearly doesn't want that. And his persistence does seem to work. We often get a late goal when the other team is worn out from chasing the ball for 90 mins. The high pressing tactics many teams use against us is exhausting and not many can do it for 90 minutes.

We need a striker that Jokanovic actually wants! (I just hope it's not Chris Martin...)

Mince n Tatties

The lights have gone out at Motspur nothing will happen until Monday which is 22nd,its going to be same old story me thinks,last minute panic buy.
What I'd like to ask is didn't Slava come out and say early December that they had identified potential signings....I wait with bated breath.

spikey norman

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on January 19, 2018, 04:04:25 PM

This is a very good point. If Jokanovic wanted a "plan B" striker he could have used Matt Smith. He clearly doesn't want that. And his persistence does seem to work. We often get a late goal when the other team is worn out from chasing the ball for 90 mins. The high pressing tactics many teams use against us is exhausting and not many can do it for 90 minutes.

We need a striker that Jokanovic actually wants! (I just hope it's not Chris Martin...)
Sunderland have agreed terms with Derby to loan Martin

FulhamStu

So if Jokanovic players on his list all say that don't want to come to Fulham what do we do then ?

We know so little it's all total conjecture.  The whole transfer system has become a joke, from clubs,like the Filth stockpiling 100 players on long contracts that you have to rent, (it's called the loan system) to Liverpool paying £75M for a decent centre half, where £20M get you an average striker.

At least the Academy system is sensible however I am sure there are many dark deeds done in that environment as well.

All the time, that fans demand this and that yet most of them don't even go to games.

All I can say is I am glad it's not my job or money being thrown around in that crazy world.

toshes mate

The assumption only holds true for SJ's list if he is able to name names and I don't think that is a safe assumption at all.  Personally I'd rather see one good signing in the next week than three dubious signings on deadline day.  I have run out of the will to have a go at the recruitment team because brick walls hurt your head. 

Steven Ageroad

Quote from one of todays newspapers
"Brighton manager Chris Hughton is expecting another manic end to the January transfer window, Hughton has yet to add to his squad since the turn of the year despite having been searching for a striker since the Seagulls were promoted last May. A centre-half also remains on Hughton's wish list this month. "There are no updates at this moment" he said " The business is mostly done at the tail end of (the window) more than the beginning"
Going by the above we've got no chance with what we want, we're way down the pecking order with anybody decent.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 19, 2018, 06:20:17 PM
Quote from one of todays newspapers
"Brighton manager Chris Hughton is expecting another manic end to the January transfer window, Hughton has yet to add to his squad since the turn of the year despite having been searching for a striker since the Seagulls were promoted last May. A centre-half also remains on Hughton's wish list this month. "There are no updates at this moment" he said " The business is mostly done at the tail end of (the window) more than the beginning"
Going by the above we've got no chance with what we want, we're way down the pecking order with anybody decent.

Brighton & Hove Albion have broken their transfer record to sign striker Jurgen Locadia from Dutch club PSV Eindhoven. Around 14 million
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope