https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: MJG on January 25, 2018, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 25, 2018, 10:45:13 AM
We can sign 8 players on loan is it as long as only 5 are named in a team? Mollo and Soares are still named in the squad? I am wondering if they will go or are gone by the end of January.

As for a forward and defender. I think we really need both if we are serious about pushing on. But then as usual we have tried but failed to find the right players in the Summer.
Just to clarify Mollo is not on loan

Sorry, his short contract confused me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 24, 2018, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 24, 2018, 12:52:29 PM
West Ham and Fulham target ex-Blackburn man Ruben Rochina

HITC Sport understands West Ham and Fulham eye former Blackburn forward.

Georgi Shchennikov (R) of PFC CSKA Moscow challenged by Ruben Rochina of FC Rubin Kazan during the Russian Premier League match between PFC CSKA Moscow and FC Rubin Kazan at CSKA Arena...
Ruben Rochina in action for Rubin Kazan against CSKA Moscow

West Ham United, Fulham and La Liga side Girona are weighing up moves for former Blackburn Rovers forward Ruben Rochina from Rubin Kazan, HITC Sport understands.

Rochina could be available before the close of the transfer window due to Rubin Kazan's ongoing financial problems.

The 26-year-old, who joined the Russian side in summer 2016, has not been paid for several months and could follow ex-team-mate Yann M'Vila by requesting for Fifa to terminate his contract to allow him to become a free agent.

A number of clubs have been alerted to Rochina's possible availability as they look to strengthen their attacking options before the close of the transfer window.

Jose Semedo of Sheffield Wednesday in action with Ruben Rochina of Blackburn during the nPower Championship match between Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday at Ewood Park on October...
Ruben Rochina playing for Blackburn Rovers

West Ham's attacking options have been badly hit by injuries, with Andy Carroll facing up to three months out after undergoing foot surgery, while Manuel Lanzini and Marko Arnautovic face spells out with hamstring injuries.

With doubts also surrounding the futures Javier Hernandez, Diafra Sakho and Andre Ayew, West Ham are considering bringing in a new forward and Rochina is thought to figure on their wanted list.

Promotion hopefuls Fulham are also in the market for a new striker this month as they look to maintain their push for the Premier League and they are keeping tabs on Rochina.

Girona are also ready to offer former Spain youth international Rochina a return to his homeland as they look to strengthen their squad before next week's transfer deadline

Rochina moved to Blackburn from Barcelona in January 2011 and scored 11 goals in 54 appearances, although almost half of them were from the substitutes' bench.

Rochina spent the second half of the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons on loan at Real Zaragoza and Rayo Vallecano respectively, before he made a permanent return to Spain in the summer of 2014 when he signed for Granada.

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/24/por-west-ham-and-fulham-target-ex-blackburn-man-rochina/?__twitter_impression=true

He is wearing gloves, which immediately makes him ineligible and it is prohibited, no real man would want to be seen in public wearing gloves, unless he is either a Goalkeeper or it's minus 8 Fahrenheit in the sun.

Berbatov wore gloves and I bet you thought he was the messiah. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Hoppus on January 25, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
'The report reads: "And the Echo understands that Fulham have now made a move for Martin and are believed to be confident of bringing the player back to Craven Cottage after his loan spell there last season."'

https://t.co/kkt3RSnIu9

I posted 2 days ago he wants to come back to us,people thought it was a wind up...Why would he want to go to Sunderland when they league 1 bound.
But football is a funny business and he might have no choice in the end but join the Mackems.

Holders

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2018, 11:22:48 AM
'The report reads: "And the Echo understands that Fulham have now made a move for Martin and are believed to be confident of bringing the player back to Craven Cottage after his loan spell there last season."'

I posted 2 days ago he wants to come back to us,people thought it was a wind up...Why would he want to go to Sunderland when they league 1 bound.
But football is a funny business and he might have no choice in the end but join the Mackems.

IF this were to happen, in my view a loan (yes!) would be best as personally I don't think he'd be up to the PL IF we were to get promoted (two big IFs there). But it might throw some light on the Norwood bid, as others have suggested - a connection to Martin rather than Cairney.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Hoppus

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2018, 11:22:48 AM

Do you think he will sign for Fulham?

howitis

i"m starting to despair with this window (like many before)

a bid for Norwood - just dont understand why we would do that now. If we were fortunate to be promoted he would be surplus to requirements and i'm still not convinced that he is championship promotion material. Great dead ball striker, good penalty taker under pressure but limited mobility and rather prone to losing/giving the ball away in the wrong areas.

Bringing Martin back is an insult to the fans. His strike action last year was a disgrace and his performance in the play offs dire. He wasn't good enough last year and I don't want him anywhere near our club. Love to know what his fitness levels are like having sat on that fat rear of his for 6 months. I dread to think of the match day atmosphere is he arrived and continued to underwhelm. Nor good for him, not good for the team and a bloody disgrace for the supporters.

Fulham for crying out loud, pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat and sign a 2/3 quality players whether on loan or perm who can really make a decisive difference in our push for promotion. Last year we had a great run but ultimately we were let down by a lack of firepower. There is a chance that history will repeat itself unless we look to be more ambitious.

Woolly Mammoth

Six days to go and I await in anticipation for our Centre Back, as well as a Striker.
I imagine Jok is doing exactly the same.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2018, 11:48:55 AM
Six days to go and I await in anticipation for our Centre Back, as well as a Striker.

Rotherham have bidded for Hilda,as she always uses Yorkshire Tea Bags.☕☕☕

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2018, 12:01:53 PM

Somebody is stirring something here, and it doesn't sound sweet.
It's probably just a storm in a tea cup.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 25, 2018, 12:19:21 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 25, 2018, 12:01:53 PM

Somebody is stirring something here, and it doesn't sound sweet.
It's probably just a storm in a tea cup.
A hit for "The Fortunes" 1972.

One Martin Thomas

I'll get behind anyone Joka puts in a white shirt. Life's too short to hold a grudge against someone who did not want to relocate his family.

It's a pity no one at Fulham had the presence of mind to give Martin back to Derby for Vydra when McClaren did his de-stabilising trick; he was not enough of a wally not to realise we were a big threat last yr to their playoff place.

One Martin Thomas

....... in fact why would Derby do it again. Wolves, Sunderland are not really a risk but we are a big risk to them and loaning anyone to us is daft. Unless he's gonna be their Trojan horse.

Bassey the warrior

Don't really think bringing back Martin would be wise. After his scandalous behaviour last time, a lot of fans will be looking for one poor performance to get on his back. Puts a lot of pressure on him.
Would be good if we can't get better in but could rock the boat.

cmg

Quote from: howitis on January 25, 2018, 11:46:29 AM
i"m starting to despair with this window (like many before)

a bid for Norwood - just dont understand why we would do that now...

They do say you should never run after a bus after you have caught it, but in this case it seems like a win/win move.
He is a player who has proved more than useful to us and is a valuable member of the squad. Even if we do go up he would still be a useful back-up man. He is 'ours' anyway until the end of the season and his loan fee would presumably be discounted from a selling price. If Brighton are asking too much (which would be an indicator of how they regard him) then we don't do a deal, but at least the player knows we love him.

Deeping_white

Offer Derby a derisory £1 million and tell Martin he's got to take a £15k wage cut to join us if he's so desperate to play and see what they say. In all honestly I'd rather stick with Kamara and Fonte though, Kamara has Martin's strength but is about 10x fitter and faster, and Fonte is also more mobile, works harder and has better movement than Martin did so I'm not really sure what he brings to the team if we do get him back. Arguably you drop Fonte of the two strikers to accommodate him, but he's just cost an absolute fortune and I don't think the club would take that hit, and Martin has scored 1 goal and definitely won't be fit so it just seems an odd one to gamble on.

Chutney

If we fail to sign a top striker and a top CB Jok may well leave. That would be a huge loss as he's done brilliantly this season despite our awful summer.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on January 25, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

If we fail to sign a top striker and a top CB Jok may well leave. That would be a huge loss as he's done brilliantly this season despite our awful summer.

I have to agree with you, and that would really signal a turning point in our fortunes which can only end in tears.

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Chutney on January 25, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

He just hasn't done brilliantly. Gary Rowett is an example of someone who has done brilliantly.