watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

I'll make a prediction now, if we beat Barnsley tomorrow the general consensus on this board will be "Do we really need to add to the squad"
If we lose to Barnsley the general consensus will be one of mild hysteria and a demand that Khan spends millions on 4 or 5 players !
A draw will mean a feeling of somewhere in the middle.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2018, 03:23:57 PM
The lights are still on at Motspur Park.🔛🔚🔛⏰

You mean the Candles are still on at Motspur Park.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Apparently its Hilda baking a cake for one of the players birthday.🍰🍰🍰

Mince n Tatties

Ipswich keeper who we were rumoured to be after has signed new contract.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 26, 2018, 03:33:25 PM

If Hilda was baking a cake for Kline, it would be a Fruit Cake.

Never forget your Roots.

Jeroen

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2018, 03:43:11 PM

You see Magath wasn't crazy at all, he just had too much of Hilda's cake!!

Holders

Quote from: Jeroen on January 26, 2018, 04:24:41 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 26, 2018, 03:43:11 PM

You see Magath wasn't crazy at all, he just had too much of Hilda's cake!!

Must have been cheesecake.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Another week gone,nothing will happen at weekend.
So that gives us Mon,Tues and Weds.
Looks like another last minute superstar from league 3 in Belgium then,in at the last minute.
But you never know might get a surprise yet.Coyw

f321ffc

Quote from: jelmo on January 26, 2018, 02:13:58 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on January 26, 2018, 02:09:55 PM
Quote from: davew on January 26, 2018, 02:00:11 PM
Thought I would make the first posting on here today............nothing to report!!

Nothing? Charles Jones just "reported" that we want to sign a CB from another Championship club (on Twitter). Minutes later he reassures us the player "will never ever join Fulham".

:-D

Charles Jones is always on the money! He didnt get where he is today by just making stuff up in his bedroom!
Back in the summer he tweeted that Jota from  Brentford was 100% done and genuine, so take anything he says with a very large pinch of salt, he retweets sh1t rumours.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

charliejones141

Thought I would make the first posting on here today............nothing to report!!

Nothing? Charles Jones just "reported" that we want to sign a CB from another Championship club (on Twitter). Minutes later he reassures us the player "will never ever join Fulham".

Just and FYI This never happened. I tweeted that I'd heard we were after an unnamed CB from a lower Championship club "a big fish in a small pond" and my brother tweeted me back asking if it was John Terry and I said he would never ever join Fulham which is quite obvious isn't it?

davew

Quote from: charliejones141 on January 26, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

Just and FYI This never happened. I tweeted that I'd heard we were after an unnamed CB from a lower Championship club "a big fish in a small pond" and my brother tweeted me back asking if it was John Terry and I said he would never ever join Fulham which is quite obvious isn't it?
Thanks for clearing that up, why wouldn't we consider signing Terry to help us make the play offs, good header of the ball and still probably good enough to strengthen our squad. If in the unlikely event that we do eventually sign a central defender it will probably be somebody most of us have never heard of and another waste of money assuming it was not another loanee, we must be getting near our quota now?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

charliejones141

Quote from: davew on January 26, 2018, 06:41:09 PM
Quote from: charliejones141 on January 26, 2018, 06:20:44 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, why wouldn't we consider signing Terry to help us make the play offs, good header of the ball and still probably good enough to strengthen our squad. If in the unlikely event that we do eventually sign a central defender it will probably be somebody most of us have never heard of and another waste of money assuming it was not another loanee, we must be getting near our quota now?

Not that Terry wouldn't be a good signing he's just hated us ever since his Chelsea days

Riversider

James Collins from West Ham could be our John Terry for the last 5 months of the season.

Benny

CAIRNEY WANTS HAMMERS MOVE

Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to move to West Ham but Fulham are refusing to sell their star man, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hammers are ready to pay £15m for the 27-year-old but the Whites have not intended to sell any of their key players in the January transfer window.

The west London club are also in a strong position after Cairney signed a contract extension just last summer until 2021, following interest from Newcastle United.

davew

Quote from: Benny on January 26, 2018, 07:34:20 PM
CAIRNEY WANTS HAMMERS MOVE

Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to move to West Ham but Fulham are refusing to sell their star man, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hammers are ready to pay £15m for the 27-year-old but the Whites have not intended to sell any of their key players in the January transfer window.

The west London club are also in a strong position after Cairney signed a contract extension just last summer until 2021, following interest from Newcastle United.

Thanks, but why do people keep posting the same article, getting annoying now!!! If he wants to go then so be it, let FFC do the deal 2moro and we will move on or based on past experience we won't. Would SK really sell 1 of our best players when we could make the play offs?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bobby01

Wet spam havejust signed a35 million inter player on loan so don't need tc.  Darren bent signs for burton on loan for rest of season. And I see Charlie Brown is back with all his nonsense again sigh
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mkras99

Graeme Bailey (@GraemeBailey)
1/26/18, 3:12 PM
Tom Cairney's agent is working very hard to get him out of Fulham - going to be difficult to move him before the deadline next Wednesday. Fulham understandably far from amused with what is happening.

grandad

Quote from: mkras99 on January 26, 2018, 08:27:10 PM
Tom Cairney's agent is working very hard to get him out of Fulham - going to be difficult to move him before the deadline next Wednesday. Fulham understandably far from amused with what is happening.
The only contract I want to see is the one the Khans take out on Cairney´s agent.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Never a dull moment is there.
Just when you think things are starting to go according to plan, and the Jigsaw is almost complete, somebody throws a spanner in the works.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on January 26, 2018, 08:52:34 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 26, 2018, 08:27:10 PM
The only contract I want to see is the one the Khans take out on Cairney´s agent.

Pass me the Kalashnikov and I will sort it.