watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Some numpty on twitter saying west spam are looking at fredericks now also.

Riverside

Mods . Any chance that we can have a separate thread on the incessant Stats vs non - Stats discussion .

I look at this thread to see if there is any news or gossip on Transfers and 50% of the time I find the same old Stats - vs non - Stats discussion . ( The same discussion with no new arguments ) .

Admittedly instead of 53 pages this would be a much smaller thread . But for those like me it would be much more interesting .

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Riverside on January 29, 2018, 11:58:37 AM
Mods . Any chance that we can have a separate thread on the incessant Stats vs non - Stats discussion .

I look at this thread to see if there is any news or gossip on Transfers and 50% of the time I find the same old Stats - vs non - Stats discussion . ( The same discussion with no new arguments ) .

Admittedly instead of 53 pages this would be a much smaller thread . But for those like me it would be much more interesting .

Totally agree.

Fulham Tup North

20% of the posts on here are STATS related.
ATM 30% seem to be about TC.
5% were about the JAGS, but their season is over now so that will reduce.
11% are based on 'other' non transfer issues.
So overall one third (or 33%) are actually about transfers.
Compared to other club websites, we are in the top 15% for transfer threads with a transfer to stats ratio above 30%!
See what you would be missing out on!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 29, 2018, 12:19:12 PM

Totally agree.

Just bypass them,you don't have to read them...lol

MrFFC

Ideal window would be keep Cairney & bring in Jordan Hugill & Liam Moore. Very unlikely to happen though
Come on you Whites!! :)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MrFFC on January 29, 2018, 01:02:09 PM
Ideal window would be keep Cairney & bring in Jordan Hugill & Liam Moore. Very unlikely to happen though

Good idea, and could you add Luke Freeman to that list. Thank you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Delboy

064.gif
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 29, 2018, 12:21:08 PM

20% of the posts on here are STATS related.
ATM 30% seem to be about TC.
5% were about the JAGS, but their season is over now so that will reduce.
11% are based on 'other' non transfer issues.
So overall one third (or 33%) are actually about transfers.
Compared to other club websites, we are in the top 15% for transfer threads with a transfer to stats ratio above 30%!
See what you would be missing out on!!
COYW

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Holders on January 28, 2018, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 28, 2018, 04:31:53 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 28, 2018, 03:49:40 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on January 28, 2018, 01:04:11 PM
Kaveh Solhekol‏ Verified account
@SkyKaveh

West Ham made £15m bid for Tom Cairney last week. Fulham told them they were wasting their time. Said they wouldn't even consider £40m bid

12:52 PM - 28 Jan 2018

They wouldn't consider 40 million solely because 40 million hasn't been offered. If it had been, we'd be discussing Tom's replacement right now, as well as composing songs for our new CB, celebrating making Norwood permanent as well as Targett. Nevermind the medical bills to pay for the arm that was ripped off when we snatched up the offer.

Unless I'm mistaken, that'd be a record signing for a Championship player....at 28 years old....with recent knee issues.

I think you're missing the point somewhat - we're deliberately pricing him out of a move because he's invaluable to us, nobody in their right mind would pay £40m and if they do then fair play because it's a stupidly large amount of money.

Maybe I read it differently but I thought that was the point that Toodles was making. If we were offered anything like £40k of course we'd take it and right to do so.

Yeah. I get what they're doing by saying they wouldn't accept 40 million for him - stating a ridiculous amount to keep clubs away. I'm also stating that they would never expect anyone to come in with that valuation. And, I am saying that if that stupid amount was offered, they wouldn't even take the time to blink - he'd be on his way.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

KJS

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 29, 2018, 01:48:01 PM
@SkyKaveh

West Ham made £15m bid for Tom Cairney last week. Fulham told them they were wasting their time. Said they wouldn't even consider £40m bid

They wouldn't consider 40 million solely because 40 million hasn't been offered. If it had been, we'd be discussing Tom's replacement right now, as well as composing songs for our new CB, celebrating making Norwood permanent as well as Targett. Nevermind the medical bills to pay for the arm that was ripped off when we snatched up the offer.

Unless I'm mistaken, that'd be a record signing for a Championship player....at 28 years old....with recent knee issues.

I think you're missing the point somewhat - we're deliberately pricing him out of a move because he's invaluable to us, nobody in their right mind would pay £40m and if they do then fair play because it's a stupidly large amount of money.

Maybe I read it differently but I thought that was the point that Toodles was making. If we were offered anything like £40k of course we'd take it and right to do so.

Yeah. I get what they're doing by saying they wouldn't accept 40 million for him - stating a ridiculous amount to keep clubs away. I'm also stating that they would never expect anyone to come in with that valuation. And, I am saying that if that stupid amount was offered, they wouldn't even take the time to blink - he'd be on his way.

Anyone stupid enough to offer £40 million for TC should be fleeced immeadiately 064.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: KJS on January 29, 2018, 01:51:28 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 29, 2018, 01:48:01 PM
@SkyKaveh

Anyone stupid enough to offer £40 million for TC should be fleeced immeadiately 064.gif

and then sent immediately without delay to have their head examined in a glass jar very closely, then have it dissected, but only after they have made the full payment, preferably in cash Pounds Stirling in a brown envelope.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Sky Rumours page,gutted PNE fan says Hughill left training for medical at Fulham...Do Sky dream these up.lol

hovewhite

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 29, 2018, 12:19:12 PM

Totally agree.
100% agree

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2018, 02:38:57 PM
Sky Rumours page,gutted PNE fan says Hughill left training for medical at Fulham...Do Sky dream these up.lol

Isn't it your turn to be stationed in the bushes at Motspur Park today dressed as a Hedge.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 29, 2018, 03:23:28 PM

Isn't it your turn to be stationed in the bushes at Motspur Park today dressed as a Hedge.

Mince n Tatties

Talksport......MARTIN ON HIS WAY TO FULHAM.⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽..Bet VC....2/5 to join us.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Matt10 on January 29, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Oh no my identity is blown.

ealex40

Levante want to sign Fulham's highly-rated 17-year old central midfielder Matt O'Riley on loan until the end of the season.

The La Liga club are keen to boost their midfield options and believe the England U18 international would provide a significant boost to their ranks.

Man City and Arsenal have previously been linked with the teenager, who has made two first team starts and is eligible to play for Norway, Denmark and England.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 29, 2018, 03:42:12 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 29, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Oh no my identity is blown.

That's him,👍 he is always turning up at these horticultural shows uninvited.  🎄🌲🌳🌴🌱🌿☘️🍀

Never forget your Roots.