more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Quote from: filham on January 30, 2018, 06:05:02 PM
Look lets not keep talking about how much money we should spend, that really is not the point. The important thing is that we need to sign players to cover certain areas of weakness in the squad to help maintain a promotion push.

Absolutely that is the important point. My point was, however, is that already have a high number of players on loan so any further additions to the squad will involved paying for them and I just have a nasty feeling we may have reached the limit of our spending of this season with our purchase of Kamara and Fonte in the summer.  I really hope I'm wrong

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on January 30, 2018, 04:17:45 PM
Not interested in success - sustainability is the name of the game

I'm sure all those supporters who think the club is well run must be getting such enjoyment out of balancing the books

Far better than investing in the team for a promotion push isn't it ? That warm glow of a queue of loanees and intermittent sales of our best players
Are you so sure that we will not be promoted with the current squad?
I know where you are coming from but you seem convinced we will not get promoted until we spend the owners fortune?

davew

Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 05:42:36 PM
Cocaine with a street value of £50 mil seized at Farnborough Airport. 5 arrested.
Which players & their agents brought that in on their way to sign for us?
It wasn't for us, they would have been on a late flight tomorrow!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Quote from: Tonywa on January 30, 2018, 06:10:43 PM
Quote from: filham on January 30, 2018, 06:05:02 PM
Look lets not keep talking about how much money we should spend, that really is not the point. The important thing is that we need to sign players to cover certain areas of weakness in the squad to help maintain a promotion push.

Absolutely that is the important point. My point was, however, is that already have a high number of players on loan so any further additions to the squad will involved paying for them and I just have a nasty feeling we may have reached the limit of our spending of this season with our purchase of Kamara and Fonte in the summer.  I really hope I'm wrong
You could be right and that would explain why Watford are holding us over a barrel and trying to get £2m for half a season loan of their 3rd choice striker

davew

Quote from: Tabby on January 30, 2018, 06:02:01 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 30, 2018, 05:59:45 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5331169/Swansea-Fulham-consider-moves-PSVs-Joshua-Brenet.html

Bit strange to get another left back after bringing in Targett.
Absolutely unlikely unless we are going to play a 5-3-1-1 system with 2 left full backs to confuse the opposition as well as all of us, I think we need more wingers (lol), or perhaps Targett's loan deal was only for a few weeks?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hovewhite

I believe this squad has a real chance of promotion in my view.now we can play sess further forward it's an extra weapon in our armoury.
Also I can't remember in any one month only conceding only 2 goals in January.

mkras99

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/geral/30-01-2018/rafa-soares-vai-ser-reforco-do-portimonense

The Portuguese left-back Rafa Soares will be a player of Portimonense until the end of the season, on loan from FC Porto.

The news was advanced this Tuesday by the newspaper O Jogo and confirmed by Maisfutebol.

The 22-year-old was in the sights of Estoril and V. Setubal, but both scenarios did not materialize.

Rafa Soares had his first season in Fulham on loan from the dragons. He has played three games for the main team of the English emblem, which operates in the Championship, the second English league.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on January 30, 2018, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 05:42:36 PM
Cocaine with a street value of £50 mil seized at Farnborough Airport. 5 arrested.
Which players & their agents brought that in on their way to sign for us?
It wasn't for us, they would have been on a late flight tomorrow!

lol.

mkras99

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO
42s43 seconds ago
More
Millwall are set to win the race for Wolves winger Ben Marshall. #WWFC #Millwall #SAFC #ffc

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Thank god tomorrow is the final day,my tents beginning to leak...Thought Woolly might have popped down with a flask of tea,or is he at Farnborough airport.✈✈✈✈✈🚁🚁🚁🚁

Mince n Tatties

What's strange about this window is nobody has bid for the Striker Who Never Scores a Goal...Berahino.
The money he's made for doing nowt..

sunburywhite

Quote from: hovewhite on January 30, 2018, 06:40:39 PM
I believe this squad has a real chance of promotion in my view.now we can play sess further forward it's an extra weapon in our armoury.

Yes the winter of 1963 when all teh games were called off for weeks
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 30, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Ah, but what scores did the panel give.?
Where there's a will there's a wife

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 07:02:56 PM
What's happened to Charles Jones exclusive coups?

Think his last claim was Cairney gone, after it was already being reported.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on January 30, 2018, 08:04:35 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 30, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Ah, but what scores did the panel give.?

East Fife 5 Forfar 4

Mince n Tatties

grandad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 08:17:50 PM
Hughill left out of Preston side tonight.

Looking at his profile on Wiki, 25YO , good scoring ratio. For £8 mil he must be the Plan B we are looking for. Got to be worth a serious bid although I think Leeds are favourites.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 30, 2018, 07:08:20 PM
Thank god tomorrow is the final day,my tents beginning to leak...Thought Woolly might have popped down with a flask of tea,or is he at Farnborough airport.✈✈✈✈✈🚁🚁🚁🚁

If it's the same tent I lent you. It must be those bullet holes, when on manoeuvres, Korean War in the early fifties. Still got the shrapnel in my left leg, still gives me Jip when it rains, or when Fulham lose, or when we are inactive in the transfer window.
If you look in the bush to the your right Mince, you should see Craig Klines Old Carpet Slippers, he through them in there with his Rocking Horse in a fit of temper when he had his job swept from under his feet, after he was certified being a penalty spot short of a football pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.