The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 07:38:31 AM
Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on January 31, 2018, 07:27:00 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 31, 2018, 07:18:03 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 31, 2018, 06:53:17 AM
Not sure the way we're scoring now that a striker is what's needed either as AK is playing well ,but not always selected by slav who seems to think rui offers more of an all round game which as coach is fine.

Left back is sorted with Taggart. Centre back I think is the only position we need an extra person now.

Hmmm, agree we need another cb, but i still think we need a proper goal scorer. Someone who is capable of 20-25 goals per season. As much improved AK & Fonte have been, neither are really strikers and I don't think can be relied upon to score regularly. The trouble is acquiring such player.
20 - 25 goal scorer.Have we the ÂŁ50 mil + to pay for him? Every club in the country is looking for him.

We have one - Ryan Sessegnon
( And now he is free to play all the games upfront )
Unless injured he will the top scorer in this seasons Championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FulhamStu

Maybe we pulled out of the Okaka loan due to Brighton not releasing Norwood.  Would not have wanted 6 regular first match day squad loaners as one will have to be left out.  We need to blow all the money on a top central defender.  We won't of course, but that's what I would have done.  Someone who would make a real difference.

JoelH5

I still think Okaka could come through today. We said we needed a striker, left back and center back. 2 out of the 3 wouldn't be bad going imo
I was there, standing in the Putney end

We Are Premier League

I have feeling we will sign someone that currently is not loved by his manager, and that have a weird name...Florin Gardos, Yohan Benalouane, Adlène Guédioura or even Nir Bitton

WoodyFFC73

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 07:38:31 AM
Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on January 31, 2018, 07:27:00 AM
Not sure the way we're scoring now that a striker is what's needed either as AK is playing well ,but not always selected by slav who seems to think rui offers more of an all round game which as coach is fine.

Left back is sorted with Taggart. Centre back I think is the only position we need an extra person now.

Hmmm, agree we need another cb, but i still think we need a proper goal scorer. Someone who is capable of 20-25 goals per season. As much improved AK & Fonte have been, neither are really strikers and I don't think can be relied upon to score regularly. The trouble is acquiring such player.
20 - 25 goal scorer.Have we the ÂŁ50 mil + to pay for him? Every club in the country is looking for him.

Of course we don't have that kind of money. But we don't need that much. For me Gayle is that man, he's proved he can do it. If he's not available there must be others like him, as a club we don't take risks and don't seem to be creative in the market. Other clubs pick up little gems but we don't do that very often. All I'm saying is we need a proper goal scorer, isn't that the general conscensous?

@jolslover

Quote from: mlangstrom on January 31, 2018, 08:06:46 AM
I have feeling we will sign someone that currently is not loved by his manager, and that have a weird name...Florin Gardos, Yohan Benalouane, Adlène Guédioura or even Nir Bitton

Would love the last two. Don't know much about the first two but were both signed for 8mill so must have something about them!
STH H3

Hoppus

I have feeling we will sign someone that currently is not loved by his manager, and that have a weird name...Florin Gardos, Yohan Benalouane, Adlène Guédioura or even Nir Bitton

Okaka is on his way to Malaga?

I would be very happy if we sign him. Not because he is the best striker in the world, but because he can offer something our current strikers cant (he is a threat in the air).

I got my fingers crossed, but I don't think we will get any good news today. That's just sad, we need a striker and a CB to be play off challengers.

hovewhite

Quote from: Riverside on January 31, 2018, 07:25:56 AM

You could argue that with Targett freeing up Odoi CB has more cover now .

I agree though that we need more depth - I would rather an non loan upgrade over Kalas rather than a loaned back up player .

Unless Djalo is making the grade . We haven't really seen him and have no idea how he is progressing in training .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Players like Djalo because we don't see them train or get coaches thoughts on players that are on the bench it's easy as fans to make unfair judgements to be at least on the bench he has to be doing something right.

Mince n Tatties

Or even Corinthian Casuals star striker "Snackapuss Cheeseworthy"

Jazua

As long as we fend off any approaches for what we already have I will be happy come 23.00pm today. Our current squad is really starting to click again at the right time and are more than capable of keeping us in the top six at least. We are scoring lots of goals and the back line are doing a great job too.

MrFFC

Quote from: Jazua on January 31, 2018, 08:50:08 AM
As long as we fend off any approaches for what we already have I will be happy come 23.00pm today. Our current squad is really starting to click again at the right time and are more than capable of keeping us in the top six at least. We are scoring lots of goals and the back line are doing a great job too.

I agree the squad is good I expect us to be top 6 but I do believe we need another CB of a good level to help get us over the line will be a little disappointed if no CB comes in today by I agree if we keep hold of Cairney & Fredericks overall it's a success
Come on you Whites!! :)

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:40:13 PM
Quote from: SG on January 30, 2018, 10:31:25 PM
More money wasted to extract ourselves from a player contract that the manager clearly did not want.

"mutual cancellation"... i always thought that meant both parties just walk away, ie we don't have to pay him off, the benefit for him is he can go and find another club and advance his career

Call me a cynic but unless he's got a club lined up (time will tell) why would he agree to leave unless he's been paid off?
Either way it was another waste of time and money!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
So our business so far

OUT

Madl
Mollo
Soares
Graham
Sigurdsson

IN

Targett (loan)

Not the statement of intent I was hoping for...

Me neither !
While it might be stretching it to have expected all these players to be regular starters they must have been signed to improve the match day squad and at least start some games.
With the exception of Madl who helped steady the ship when he first arrived the rest have been a waste of time and money and that's not good business.

Slaphead in Qatar

Agree. Mustn't lose any starter today.

Jeroen

We are on a great run, but don't have the dept to cover injuries or lack of form. Our Manager has said that he wanted reinforcements, so no.... I won't be happy it all stays at it is come the end of the day.

(Agree with the no one leaving part though)

brightster

Quote from: Statto on January 30, 2018, 10:44:30 PM
So our business so far

OUT

Maedl
Mollo
Soares
Graham
Sigurdsson

IN

Targett (loan)

Not the statement of intent I was hoping for...

Not a big loss really, appearances this year, Mollo 6, Soares 2, Graham 3, Sig 1 and Mad 0.
Hopefully bring in a couple now we have got rid of the deadwood.

Twig

Sorry but the squad is too thin to get to the play offs and get promoted (and the chances of a top 2 finish are remote).  So I will definitely not be happy with just retaining our existing players.  It's like saying that, doing nothing and sitting on your arse is a success! No.

the nutflush

I agree.  Its a poor statement of intent from the Khans especially since Joka has stated he is pushing for new signings.  Might as well change their name to the Khants.  No you khant have any new signings. 

OMalleyCat

Chris Martin looking to be heading to Reading, thank god.

Bracken White

Galatasary as well as Malaga in for Okaka. With the Hugill deal to Palace apparently ficticious, do hope he's still in contention - again a CF type striker which is something we don't have.
The Liam Moore rumour appears to have amounted to nothing - only hope that whoever arrives is someone SJ wants! Let the day unfold.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique