watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Humphrys and Williams have joined Rochdale and St Johnstone respectively on loan for the rest of the season.

Mince n Tatties

There's  fish n chip van parked up outside Motspur.🍟

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 31, 2018, 12:39:26 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2018, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on January 31, 2018, 12:25:07 PM
tbh, which player would come to this club?
The owners have shown zero ambition.

In comparison look at Villa & Wolves.

A player who is happy to take the risk that he may get Prem football next year.

If I were looking to get into the Prem but wasn't quite at the level, the team who are currently top of the form table and in the play-offs would be a good shout.

But, my point is, we are not a club showing intent that it WANTS to get promotion.
It's not a good signal to players on the market for a move.

what would you have them do exactly? Neither of the teams you've held us up to for comparison has had their hand slapped for breach of ffp yet. We have. If we breach it and don't make promotion, it could be a season's embargo (unless I'm completely mistaken) instead of just a winter window. where would we be then, with our best players jumping ship and little ability to replace them??

we are the form team in the league right now, in a playoff position. if that's not a strong enough attraction for a player, then good on him. we don't have a need for a player who doesn't want that kind of opportunity.

and, imo, the notion that the owners have no ambition is just tired hogwash. have the Khans been ideal owners? far from it. but to suggest they don't want promotion or don't have the ambition to achieve it is beyond silly. even if one takes the worst view of them, it's obvious they are interested in profit and their is no greater way to achieve that than promotion to the richest league in existence.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Skatzoffc

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2018, 12:47:03 PM

If I were looking to get into the Prem but wasn't quite at the level, the team who are currently top of the form table and in the play-offs would be a good shout.

But, my point is, we are not a club showing intent that it WANTS to get promotion.

It's just your opinion we aren't showing ambition. I agree we need a ST but at the same time, we are top of the form table 2nd highest scorers and in the play-offs. Maybe they dont want to risk bringing in a new player and upsetting the apple cart. Because of past failings we all look at this in a pessimistic way. We said the same in Jan last year and we made the play-offs. Let's just see what happens.

Your right JH5. It is just my opinion.That's what forums are for.

Some on here may be pessimistic, I prefer to be realistic.
Clubs that show ambition get promoted. Clubs that aren't, don't.

We have needed a striker for 3 seasons now and still don't have an adequate one.
As you say, we still reached the playoffs last year. But, if we had shown ambition and acquired said striker
we could have scored enough of the 9 or 10 woefully missed penalties last season to already be in the PL
with the additional points accrued.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 31, 2018, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 31, 2018, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 31, 2018, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 12:44:51 PM
FULHAM'S FREDERICKS REPLACEMENT?

We understand Fulham will target Middlesbrough's Cyrus Christie if they lose Ryan Fredericks today.

However, Fulham have not received any bids for Fredericks and, as things stand, he won't be leaving Craven Cottage.

Fredericks is out of contract in the summer and has been discussing a new deal since December. We have previously reported he was of interest to Swansea this month.

What's the point of posting this?

Because it's the silly season transfer thread

Oops, sorry I forgot.  :005:

It is a hysterically bad post though. Sky is dross.

KJS

Stop with the History about penalties missed and what we haven't done in previous windows.

Whilst I would like to see another striker come in what is to say the club haven't been trying to make this happen?
Just because the there have been no rumours on SKY (most of wish are total bull crap) doesn't mean a thing. Its one thing to approach another club for one of their players it quite a different thing to make it actually happen, just ask West Ham with their (rumoured) attempts to sign TC!

Nobody on here a clue what is going on at the moment to there is no point stressing over it.  049:gif

cmg

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 01:19:48 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 31, 2018, 01:01:35 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on January 31, 2018, 12:53:49 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on January 31, 2018, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 31, 2018, 12:44:51 PM
FULHAM'S FREDERICKS REPLACEMENT?

We understand Fulham will target Middlesbrough's Cyrus Christie if they lose Ryan Fredericks today.

However, Fulham have not received any bids for Fredericks and, as things stand, he won't be leaving Craven Cottage.

Fredericks is out of contract in the summer and has been discussing a new deal since December. We have previously reported he was of interest to Swansea this month.

What's the point of posting this?

Because it's the silly season transfer thread

Oops, sorry I forgot.  :005:

It is a hysterically bad post though. Sky is dross.

I agree. It's an absolutely classic example of the futility of modern journalism.
The more you look at the more hilariously pointless it becomes. It identifies a player we are lining up to replace someone who isn't leaving and nobody has bid for. I suppose poor old Freddo might get hit by a meteor strike on Motspur Park. Be prepared!

Burt

He who can't be named (oh, OK then, Chris Martin) off to Reading on loan.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2018, 01:04:29 PM
There's  fish n chip van parked up outside Motspur.🍟
So they must have heard that MARTIN is coming here!!  :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cmg

Quote from: twang on January 31, 2018, 01:03:18 PM
Humphrys and Williams have joined Rochdale and St Johnstone respectively on loan for the rest of the season.

Good move for Humphrys' development. He is from that neck of the woods.

Seems a bit low grade for George but he does need games. Getting toward make-or-break for him now.

filham

Cant believe we are not going to plug the gap left in the back four  by Signessonn and Madle leaving. We have Odoi covering all back four positions, without super luck with injuries that is going to hurt us before the end of the season.

toshes mate

Majik Trunsfar is rumoured to be everywhere but, as his mum knows, there is only one real Majik.  A player of many guises the properties Majik possesses combine to convert a side struggling with consistent results into a side that will win every game - with aplomb.  Majik is guaranteed to rocket you up the table, unbeatable by, and unbearable to, any and all opponents.  Majik's mum knows where he is.  He is, I can tell you, still out there and waiting for FFC to snap him up, and he won't mind if it is 10.59pm under a Super Full Moon before it happens.   Many other clubs think they have tracked him down already and pots of money have already changed hands.  But don't worry the lad is set on FFC. Will FFC identify him by 10.59pm tonight prove the whole darned lot of them wrong? 

Tabby

Quote from: filham on January 31, 2018, 01:35:01 PM
Cant believe we are not going to plug the gap left in the back four  by Signessonn and Madle leaving. We have Odoi covering all back four positions, without super luck with injuries that is going to hurt us before the end of the season.

Sigurdsson wasn't here before he got sold, I'm not sure why he keeps getting brought up as a loss of personnel when he was practically already gone.

That being said, I hope that a defender gets signed before the end of the window. Other than Steven Sess I don't trust the youth to step up cover in a crisis.

Slaphead in Qatar

Do the club come out and say no further business to be done? I can't remember from previous windows.

Bracken White

Read that Galatasaray interest in Okaka has ceased as their window shuts at 9pm & there's no time for a medical etc if he flies to Istambul. So could it be back on for us? Feel the £2M Loan fee for 6M is oppresive - here's a novelty, a complete transfer?
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 31, 2018, 02:02:14 PM
Do the club come out and say no further business to be done? I can't remember from previous windows.

They sent a statement out saying that immediately after the loan signing of Matt Targett.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2018, 02:05:32 PM
Read that Galatasaray interest in Okaka has ceased as their window shuts at 9pm & there's no time for a medical etc if he flies to Istambul. So could it be back on for us? Feel the £2M Loan fee for 6M is oppresive - here's a novelty, a complete transfer?

It appears we are not his first second third etc choice. I'm not sure it's a good idea pursuing him

JoelH5

Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2018, 02:05:32 PM

I do too but maybe we need to speculate to accumulate.

What's 2 mill if it helps us get to the Prem?

Slimani is in Newcastle btw so maybe we'll get Gayle instead.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

It's just your opinion we aren't showing ambition. I agree we need a ST but at the same time, we are top of the form table 2nd highest scorers and in the play-offs. Maybe they dont want to risk bringing in a new player and upsetting the apple cart. Because of past failings we all look at this in a pessimistic way. We said the same in Jan last year and we made the play-offs. Let's just see what happens.

But by the time our squad had reached the play offs we could all see they looked tired and jaded.  We never really threatened to win either legs of those matches.  The same could easily happen this year if we fail to strengthen.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on January 31, 2018, 02:20:26 PM

But by the time our squad had reached the play offs we could all see they looked tired and jaded.  We never really threatened to win either legs of those matches.  The same could easily happen this year if we fail to strengthen.

And its a cert to happen that some will run out of gas.