watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Is there anybody playing for your local pub team that is any good and willing to give up his full or part time job and sign for us, if so please urgently pass his name to our stat's team and just make up some statistics, there is still time left to sign somebody, anybody! Our squad IS NOT strong enough to make the play offs, especially if we get a couple of injuries or/and suspensions to key players.Β  075.gif
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

I can report that the latest breaking news from the local reporter from the local paper is that there is no imminent news. BUT there is still time for something to happen. But there isn't any rumour about it........anywhere.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2018, 05:08:19 PM
I can report that the latest breaking news from the local reporter from the local paper is that there is no imminent news. BUT there is still time for something to happen. But there isn't any rumour about it........anywhere.
I bet Joka is out and about touting a new job as he clearly isn't needed today!

hovewhite

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2018, 02:38:43 PM
On TIFF a post says we've made a bid of Β£250K for Devante Cole (Andrew Cole's son) - a 6' 1" CF @ Fleetwood.
Is that over a 24 month payment scheme, interest free?

Nice of the lower leagues to finally release their stats so that we could evaluate their players. Maybe they just didn't like Craig and withheld them to accelerate his ouster.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." β€” The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

Maybe he's down Soho touting for that massage parlour Wooly keeps talking about.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." β€” The Dude

copthornemike

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2018, 04:46:07 PM
Grabban on his way to Villa.
That's it then isn't it?,all the available strikers taken.
Beam me up Scottie.
Not doing too bad for strikers then are the Villa - even Ross is now available assuming Bruce gives him a second chance

Jamie88

Kait due to go out on loan to Ross County apparently

davew

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 31, 2018, 05:15:44 PM
Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 05:10:45 PM

Maybe he's down Soho touting for that massage parlour Wooly keeps talking about.
I know that address in Greek Street that Woolly referred to, used to go there on a regular basis, not much point now!

grandad

I am astounded by some of the fees being asked. Leicester wanted a package of cash plus player amounting to Β£95 mil for Mahrez. DonΒ΄t blame Man City for walking away even with all their money.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
so are we signing the desperately needed striker and CB or repeating the mistakes of last January? We could really push on and go all out for an automatic promotion challenge, but its looking really unlikely with every passing hour, so frustrating.

We have Ayite, Fonte and Kamara so we can't really say we are badly in need of another striker. All of the desperation should be channelled to a new centre back . At the moment Odoi alone is covering all back four positions.

davew

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2018, 05:20:37 PM
I am astounded by some of the fees being asked. Leicester wanted a package of cash plus player amounting to Β£95 mil for Mahrez. DonΒ΄t blame Man City for walking away even with all their money.
I agree, there are some ridiculous amounts being paid and yet other teams in our division seem to be signing good players for up to 8m and also getting loan deals from Premier League clubs and what are we achieving.....NOTHING!!

davew

Quote from: filham on January 31, 2018, 05:22:59 PM
Quote from: Chutney on January 31, 2018, 03:04:16 PM
so are we signing the desperately needed striker and CB or repeating the mistakes of last January? We could really push on and go all out for an automatic promotion challenge, but its looking really unlikely with every passing hour, so frustrating.

We have Ayite, Fonte and Kamara so we can't really say we are badly in need of another striker. All of the desperation should be channelled to a new centre back . At the moment Odoi alone is covering all back four positions.
Ayite is prone to injury, Fonte is definitely not a striker and AK is a young man with some promise but cannot be compared to some of the quality strikers that our play off rivals have! Odoi is flexible, if he wasn't we would be even more vulnerable, our transfer team are going to leap into action within the next hour, otherwise I would prefer they jump off Putney Bridge (if they know where that is).

howitis

Villa
Hogan
Grabban
Abonglahor
Kodjia
Davis
Blakett Taylor
O'Hare
Hepburn Murphy

Shef Utd
Sharp
Donaldson
Clarke
Evans

Wolves
Costa
Afobe
Mir
Mason
Bonatini
Enobakhure

Middlesbrough
Assombalonga
Braithwaite
Bamford
Fletcher

Villa not taking any chances re firepower.

davew

Howitis, thanks for that list, rubber stamps my point, are you sure you haven't missed any off? (lol)

Mince n Tatties

πŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•šπŸ•š

Tabby

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 05:31:49 PM
Howitis, thanks for that list, rubber stamps my point, are you sure you haven't missed any off? (lol)

Talking about just Villa, 4 of them are youth prospects, who don't count on this board, and Agbonlahor doesn't really play.

The lot also has a mighty 8 goals between them, before Grabban came in. A whole 1 goal more than the useless donkey that is Kamara.

Edit: And IIRC Boro sold Braithwaite didn't they? Edit2: Checked and I must have just read a rumor.

Riverside

I'll say one thing
IF there is anyone on their way in Fulham has learned how to keep a leak tight ship .
Deafening silence .

Though of course that is partly being a Championship team rather than a Premier Team with a host of "journalists" sniffing around for Gossip .
The Okaka rumour would have come out of Watford not us.

I don't believe nothing is happening .
Though I do believe there is always a chance of no deals being sealed .
Who knows how to price players in todays market ?

Mince n Tatties

Motspur Park in darkness,even Hilda has gone home.πŸ‘΅πŸ‘΅πŸ‘΅

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 31, 2018, 05:45:21 PM
Motspur Park in darkness,even Hilda has gone home.πŸ‘΅πŸ‘΅πŸ‘΅

There was a mutual agreement to cancel Hilda's loan spell . The club would like to thank her for her efforts